Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pardew Sacked as Hammers manager

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pardew is out as West Ham was Hammered by bolton 4-0 on the weekend. The game was really dissapointing as Diouf and Anelka did whatever the hell they wanted all game, and Gary Speed looked like he was 25, not 65:rolleyes:

What was his undoing? Tevez and Mascherano?

The last time a High profile Argentine Duo were signed together to play in the EPL, Crespo and Veron played Pish poor as Chelsea failed to live up to Romans Expectations in his first year as Chairman...

Thoughts?

Curbishley going to manage Hammers?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just really surpised that it's taken this long as they were talking of competing with the big clubs after they signed Tevez and Mascherano, then continually shite the bed from there on out.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The players have lost all their motivation and desire to win games as they did last year. We are not playing with any confidence and everyone is scared of making mistakes. We basically have the same squad as last year, however, losing Dean Ashton this season has proved to be huge. We do not hire and fire managers at will like some clubs, but both Roeder and Pardew had their limitations and have only been able to take the club so far.
The new era under Magnusson is looking to change that and try to take the club to a higher level. If we are to be succesful, we need better players in some key areas, we need to have much better quality players at our disposal for depth and a manager that has a track record of success in Europe. I really hope Magnusson has deep pockets, as he is going to need every penny of it if he really wants the club and its players to meet all his own expectations.
We exceeded all expectations last season with a very mediocre, but hard working group of players that had tons of self belief and confidence. How did that all change this season..? I really don't know, but it was only a matter of time before the quality of players we were putting out each week were going to be found out.
I believe Alan did a great job with the players and budget at his disposal and I wish him all the luck in the future. He was kind enough to allow two of my players at Delta Metro to go join the Club two seasons ago for some pre season training and trials, which I'm sure they will never forget and for which I will be eternally grateful.

Is Curbishley the answer....? Did a great job at Charlton, but does not have that Champions league or UEFA experience. He is of the same mold and era as Pardew and was a player at the Club himself. He may just have what it takes to be another Fergurson or O'Neil if the money is at his disposal as it was for those boys at United and Celtic. Nothing would please me more than to see a former player succeed as our manager and take the Club to the next level, but I won't hold my breath.

Cheers

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it has officially been anounced that Alan Curbishley will be our next manager at Upton Park.

First game under the new regime is United...I guess he is committed, I'll give him that. Nothing like jumping in at the deep end.

Good luck to Curbishley and the boys this weekend....they are going to need it.

Cheers

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
something jumps a little to easily to mind about "a sack of Hammers...."

Sorry, Crafty, just had to get it out. :D

Better luck in the new year....

Trece

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries trece, looks like Christmas came early for Curbs and the boys on Sunday...:D

:wa: :wa: :wa:

Don't hear too many United fans chirping today..

"Well its all gone quiet over there"

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Hammers!!!
Curbs will have them avoid the Drop I'm sure.
I'm also sure that Curbs will be given some healthy cash to spend in January.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was quite a game with chances both ways, I think the Hammers are on the up and will finally play to their potential. If they do get some cash like you say, even better.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0