Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nicolas Anelka to L'Impact?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
C/P

The Montreal Impact could have a big name in their lineup before they even take to the pitch next year.

According to various reports over the weekend, the MLS expansion club is targeting Chelsea's French forward Nicolas Anelka.

"We did meet with Nicolas Anelka," Impact coach Jesse Marsch told Goal.com. "The discussions were very good. I think there was great potential for a good fit and I think there still is. I think the organization is open to committed to spending major dollars to bring in good players."

ESPN, Fox Soccer and Goal.com all confirmed on Sunday that Chelsea has accepted Anelka's transfer request and the 32-year-old said that he knows where he'll be playing next year.

"I've known for a little while where I'll be on Jan. 2," Anelka said in a statement on his website.

Anelka, who has played in the Premier League with Arsenal, Manchester City, Bolton and Chelsea, has been linked to a few European clubs and even a Chinese team.

A move to MLS would follow in the footsteps of fellow countryman Thierry Henry, who joined the New York Red Bulls last year.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Id be pissed if they got a "real pro" before vancouver did. I don't think they can afford him even with a DP status

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Id be pissed if they got a "real pro" before vancouver did. I don't think they can afford him even with a DP status

I agree, when I read that I immediately turned my attention to Jarju and the Korean guy whose name escapes me. Hassli is great, but it would be nice to see a big name with a good resume come our way.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0