Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Season 05/06

Which Canadian team has the best shot at winning the cup?

• Total voters

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The season starts in 2 days. Which teams have made the changes that will carry them to the promise land! Who spent the money to improve their team, and really, just made things worse.

Post all your NHL seasons banter here...

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Purinton has been acting up all preseason long.

breaking_news-640x55.gif

Purinton suspended 10 games

The NHL has suspended New York Rangers defenceman Dale Purinton ten games for gouging the eye of Colton Orr. Details to follow.
If you have not seen it yet, take a look here.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
holy fcuk!!!! if thats not intent then i don't know what is. he better get more than just 10 games for that. possible law suit???

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there a written rule against eye gouging in a fight? if not play on, and somebody bring out the fish hook. :wa:

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i wonder if their's a 'written' rule about taking off you skate and slashing someones throat, or if that falls under the "use your fcukin head" section of the rule book :rolleyes: . if you can't do it in the UFC, then i'd hastily say you can't do it in the NHL ;) .

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
i wonder if their's a 'written' rule about taking off you skate and slashing someones throat, or if that falls under the "use your fcukin head" section of the rule book :rolleyes: . if you can't do it in the UFC, then i'd hastily say you can't do it in the NHL ;) .
Or would that be the "DON'T LOOSE YOUR HEAD" section of the rule book???

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know how the new overtime/shoot-out point system works. How many points does each team get after a tie in regulation...a tie after overtime and the winner in the shoot-out?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's one point after regulation / overtime and the team that wins the shootout gets the extra point.

hardballznot100%

Hard Ballz

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone watch the game at the bar tonight? The crowds must've been right pissed at TSN for skipping the first 7+ minutes of the Canucks, just so we could watch Lindros score his last goal before his next head-rattling.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Home for me, No Bar attending yet :(
I was pretty pissed off though, Cbc can split between regions, you'd think TSN could do so aswell... But what else would you expect from the centre of the universe?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSN coverage was the shits :mad:

At what point is muting the crowd noise too much?

And it took them half the game to get the graphic indicators for power-play time going... man, that was an anticlimatic start to the year...

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone here think that Shanahan is getting too old to be a fighter anymore?

Not after watching this!

He gets tagged with a couple in the face but he still has it!

Who gets the decision? Shanahan or Meyers?

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
When lookiing at the overall scores for the league on the first night, it seems that the average score of the games are noticeably higher...I haven't done the math, but it seems like more 5-6 goal games throughout the league. A positive outcome from the new rules, perhaps? if this is the case, it should be an exciting season...

manager

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
Does anyone here think that Shanahan is getting too old to be a fighter anymore?

Not after watching this!

He gets tagged with a couple in the face but he still has it!

Who gets the decision? Shanahan or Meyers?
shanny takes it!!! you can't buy that kinda tough!!!
26 seconds into that clip.........note the middle aged woman having a ****in orgasim over the fight. who says it doesn't belong in hockey........

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw last night that the Rangers released Dale Purinton. Apparently this guy played for Victoria in the ECHL last year and was a total goon show. In 25 games he racked up 192 PIM's.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anti-climactic or not...it was great sitting in front of the tv with a piece of pizza and a pint. Not to mention the anxiety levels being though the roof...not a good spectator!

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty said:
Anti-climactic or not...it was great sitting in front of the tv with a piece of pizza and a pint. Not to mention the anxiety levels being though the roof...not a good spectator!
you get pints at home :eek: ...........seriously though.......where do you live :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0