Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Washington State Semi Pro League?

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Washington State is about to start their own version of the EPL (Evergreen Premier League) where they plan on creating a state semi-pro league that they hopefully be similar to the atmosphere and culture that Bellingham United have in the PCSL and the North Sound Seawolves and Kitsap Pumas in the PDL. If you haven't had the chance to go down, these teams get very vocal crowds much in the same spirit as the Sounders. Word has it that Bellingham will jump to this new league and leave PCSL.

Teams in this league can qualify for the US Open Cup that the MLS American teams play in. There was serious talk about a Cascadia League but apparently this new league will not include Canadian teams. Too bad for progressive Lower Mainland teams.

Would players from here and go across the border to play for teams like Bellingham to play and be paid in this league?

http://goalwa.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/the-dream-has-a-name-evergreen-premier-league/

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can almost guarantee BUFC will be making the jump... Owners of BUFC are also the owners of Ruffneck USA which is a league sponsor I believe.

As for players from here going to play down there, is Larrson even able to get into that country now?

:D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why waste your time travelling down there when you can just stay here and get paid to play Div 1 with Ajyal Tigers?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think some players will go down for sure.
Not sure how 'legit' the pay scale would be and what kind of employment/immigration issues there would be though.

And, I personally would go down to watch as I've got a place to stay there and would make a night/weekend of it.
I love it down there.

Where does Bellingham United play out of?
Civic Field?
Has anyone ever watched them play?
Is Drew Smiley still the GK there?
I've got no time to Google...:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They play at Civic, yes.

Smiles doesn't play anymore but was signed last year I believe. His jersey clashed with their understated black&white strip :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0