Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New FVSL website

Sharpshooter

Nov 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the heads up gametime. Are there only 18 games then for the teams with 12 teams? I would have thought that to fairly decide relegation/promotion scenarios that we would be playing each team twice as normal.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anybody know the promotion and relegation rules for 2013/14?
The league has not updated and their rules are still based on 10 team divisions.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would bet it would be something like this.

Premier: 10th will go down, 9 will play div 1 second place for the final prem spot
Div 1: 1st will be promoted, 2nd will play premier 9th for final spot.
In Div 2. 1'st and 2nd will go up as well as 5th and 7th. Then 2 new teams will fill in and one will fold, while the other is likey relegated to div 3 at the end of the year.
Div 3: 1st from 3A and 1st from 3B will automatically be promoted. If it is the same from last year the team in second with the highest point total will be promoted to div 2 (if it is the same)
Div 4: 1st from A,B,C with promotion. Un sure of their relegation positions.

Im sure if a team is hammering teams in their division but finishes 2nd, like Coquitlam Titans and Sparta did in 3A last year, both would be promoted and a division would be fitted with more teams.

Last edited:

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awesome!:D
Do you think the divisions will stay with 12 teams or will 3 teams from each div (2,3,4) be relegated and the league builds a div 4D or div 5?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I doubt they will go to a div 5, it would be a shock but you never really know. It isn't bad to have more teams in a division, it makes it a little better when you can play more games and not wait for cup play if your team finishes early and has to wait for provincial games, or if games need to be made up.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I doubt they will go to a div 5, it would be a shock but you never really know. It isn't bad to have more teams in a division, it makes it a little better when you can play more games and not wait for cup play if your team finishes early and has to wait for provincial games, or if games need to be made up.

I think prem is goin to be 8 teams next year and 15 in div 1 and 12 in each after that unless the league starts popping new teams into div 2 n 3. I could be wrong though. mr. president can you confirm ?

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any new news on the rumor that winter league and summer will switch play so all leagues in the province play at the same time.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think prem is goin to be 8 teams next year and 15 in div 1 and 12 in each after that unless the league starts popping new teams into div 2 n 3. I could be wrong though. mr. president can you confirm ?

Premier is going to 8 teams. 3 relegated and 1 coming up from div.1. Not sure about the other divisions but premier will be playing each other 3 times. An attempt to make the division more competitive week in and week out.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier is going to 8 teams. 3 relegated and 1 coming up from div.1. Not sure about the other divisions but premier will be playing each other 3 times. An attempt to make the division more competitive week in and week out.
This will be good for the league. The quality of play has steadily declined over the last few years. Hopefully this helps ,probably wont but its a start. The FVSL should approach a few of the valley based vmsl premier clubs and offer them some incentive to switch leagues. It's a far stretched idea but it would instantly bring some credibility to the premier division. As of now there is none.

TA

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
This will be good for the league. The quality of play has steadily declined over the last few years. Hopefully this helps ,probably wont but its a start. The FVSL should approach a few of the valley based vmsl premier clubs and offer them some incentive to switch leagues. It's a far stretched idea but it would instantly bring some credibility to the premier division. As of now there is none.

TA

4/5 of the valley based teams in the vmsl currently sit in the top half (ccb, su, Langley, CMF) I'm sure if you asked them they'd just say no thanks. Even with peg struggling right now I don't even think they'd make the jump over...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
saw on the site, that the cup draw was last night, any word on when the draw will be posted on here or the site? thanks.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0