Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] League Cup - Good Idea or Waste of Time?

Should the Premier Division have a League Cup?

• Yes - I think it's great for a team to add another prize to their trophy case.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - let's just have a third go-around on the sked and have just a league champ and provincial champ

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Don't really care - I just want to keep playing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So now that League Cup play is starting, let's hear your thoughts on the little championship.

With only seven teams in premier and no cross-over with other divisions (which I don't think is a good idea anyways), is there really a point in having a League Cup?

I heard that there was a small amount of money given to the winner and that both teams that make the final get a t-shirt. Woo-hoo!!:wa:

I know that Surrey was thinking of pulling a Coquitlam from a few years ago (when they were Bby) and looking into opting out (if there was cross-over with Selects), but some games counted as make-ups as well so that made the thought moot.

So whaddaya think?!?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs I say Surrey already asks the league to print out League cup t-shirts ahead of time saying Surrey FC 2006 League Cup Champs!! :D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the premier teams this is a waste of time. Might as well just add another round to the schedule. Or - the smarter idea - tell BCSA to use their brain and move BC's up by a month. That would make things easier on the 'Caps and Coast League teams/players.

For the other divisions, I like the Cup play. Because it allows teams to play teams from other groups. Gives a little variety to the season. And to give credit where credit is due, the last few rounds offer very competitive match ups at all levels.

What I'd like to see is the MWSL adopt an FA-style, single-knockout cup. Optional and open to any team in any division. No seeding - although depending on number of teams entered, phase in the Premier teams. Just random draw. And I'd like to see that start in October, with designated weekends for Cup play.

The FA Cup (and it's cousins from other countries) is one of the truly great things about soccer. Both mens leagues locally use the format with great success.

Would be a nice change. And with the luck of the draw and some inspired performances, you might see a div 2 team make a dream run.

Just a thought or two.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Nutmegs I say Surrey already asks the league to print out League cup t-shirts ahead of time saying Surrey FC 2006 League Cup Champs!! :D

Please do not confuse us with those FC people. Although I think I would have preferred to be Surrey FC in PEI with a natioanl championship. :rolleyes:

U-N-I-T-E-D. Surrey United - the team to be!!

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the league cup is ok. But I liked it better last year when we got to play Select (prem B) teams... mm wonder why.

This year, we should have not played it though. And just partay instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0