Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Last day of the torch relay

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
It's nuts on the seawall right now with Arnold carrying it.

The city looks pretty good with the sun coming up right now - do you think they planned Arnold's run time with this? Pretty slick marketing angle as you know EVERYONE outside of Canada will see this portion of the run.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody else find it ironic...and hypocritical, of VANOC and the IOC, to choose Arnold for one of the glamor spots of the relay??? After all, he is one of the most famous steroid users of all time, and the Olympic movement is all about "clean" competition...is Ben Johnson going to be afforded the opportunity in the future? If they wanted the tie-in to the Special Olympics it should have been his wife to carry the torch...but oh yea...the IOC does not like women.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if they won't let Steve Fonyo carry the flag cuz of his private life issues, i'm sure Ben would not get the chance.

Did Schwarzenegger compete in the Olympics?

I did find it odd that he carried it on the last day after guys like Nash, Buble, Linden especially, and other true canadians that actually represent Canada, instead of someone who's had a few expensive lunches with the Prime Minister over "Going Green"

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody else find it ironic...and hypocritical, of VANOC and the IOC, to choose Arnold for one of the glamor spots of the relay??? After all, he is one of the most famous steroid users of all time, and the Olympic movement is all about "clean" competition...is Ben Johnson going to be afforded the opportunity in the future? If they wanted the tie-in to the Special Olympics it should have been his wife to carry the torch...but oh yea...the IOC does not like women.

OLDtimer, i printed out a copy of your post and gave it to Arnie..

his response below

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 62

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard they (protesters) blocked off the route to the verteran's site, if that's true they need to use some good ol' physical force to move them.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
couldn't find any evidence on him competing in Olympics.
12 World Bodybuilding titles, and youngest to win Mr. Universe at 20years old, but no olympic medals.

He is quite involved in the Special Olympics with Maria, but i think that's as close to competing as he's been.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard they (protesters) blocked off the route to the verteran's site, if that's true they need to use some good ol' physical force to move them.

they'd just claim police brutality.

honestly, i think everyone in Canada, or maybe just BC should give every single extra cent to homelessness, the government should stop all spending on everything except Essential Services, and put all the extra money towards homelessness. Screw the roads, water, sewer, electricity, and lets just fix this issue. I think we should all just give up anything fun and enjoyable and focus on this issue until it's dealt with.:rolleyes:

Go No Fun Canada Go!

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the protesters.(losers) The only thing they have done with blocking the run is show thier complete lack of respect for all VETERANS.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0