Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Inter-Provincial Championship

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, the Ontario teams who went to club nationals this past weekend were from Ontario League 1...the same semi professional "D3 Professional" league that they talk about in the articles. I'm assuming that VMSL, VISL, FVSL or PCSL teams could qualify for it.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, the Ontario teams who went to club nationals this past weekend were from Ontario League 1...the same semi professional "D3 Professional" league that they talk about in the articles. I'm assuming that VMSL, VISL, FVSL or PCSL teams could qualify for it.

I *think* the teams that are at nationals are the ones from the Ontario Provincial Elite division. They make it by winning the Ontario Cup. Some clubs have teams in both OSL PE and L1O, so it can be confusing. I'm not sure if players in the club are allowed to play on both teams or not.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is. I just checked the line-ups of the Vaughn Azzurri team from the National Club Championships and the names are very similar as the LO1 team I've read about. Guys like Andrea Lombardo (former TFC player), Jonathon Lao (Can Nat U20 player/TFC Academy and played in Germany) and Joseph Di Chiara (played in the Russian Premier League in 2011) as well as Andrew Ornoch (Canada Nat player) played for the Azzurri at "amateur" Club Nationals last weekend and show up on their LO1 rosters during the LO1 season.

Whether their LO1 teams are like PCSL summer teams but how they go from semi-pro to amateur status in the same week is very suspect when it comes to national amateur tournaments.

I also remember hearing that the LO1 team played at Nationals last year.

If so, why shouldn't the VMSL/VISL/FVSL/PCSL champ get a shot at qualifying for the Voyageur Cup and playing against FC Edmonton/Ottawa Fury/WFC/TFC/Impact?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0