Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ID Cards

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard a rumor at practice last night about player ID cards. Our coach said he received an e-mail from the league saying a team who played anyone without the proper player ID cards (not drivers licenses) last weekend will be penalized points. Wondering if anyone else has heard about this, maybe Crafty and the boys could get themselves some more free points!;)

P.S. Wasn't trying to start a new thread just an amateur and posted in the wrong place!:(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millsy,

The new topic is actually good and I wish more people over here would start new threads when they have a good topic for discussion...

Cheers,

~Regs.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Neil's e-mail
"A you are all aware, teams have been informed numerous times since the AGM 2002 (even before that, as a matter a fact) that the league was going to impliment mandatory league ID cards. Final deadline for implimentation was given as games on the weekend of January 10-12, 2003.
There are still a few teams who have failed to provide the league with photos or alternately attend at NSHS to have photos taken. As a result, these teams still do not have ID cards. This means that all their players were ineligable for play on the weekend of January 10-12, 2003. Any of those teams who won their matches on the field will now find that the games will be awarded as 1-0 forfeits to their opponents.
Once again...blah, blah...."

That was the most important part.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We know that the Royals got a win because of this, and now Demolition(who plays LUFC Div. 1)hasn't heard a thing about ID cards since last year. I wonder how many games were forfieted because of this. I think that if it was a lot, the league should probably extend the deadline. I know everyone had ample time to get it done, but forcing forfeits this late in the season is a pretty crappy way to decide things.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cardgate.

I just checked the FVSL Website and it looks like 8 games were forfieted because of the ID Card issue.

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know we had a few scrambling teams in our club trying to get the cards in at the last minute. But to loose over this is very tough. In our "Cat" game, I asked the ref if he wanted the cards. He said that he didn't need them. I told him about the e-mail as posted by Argyle, and he seemed like he knew nothing about it. I don't know whether he was just playing dumb, or maybe not all refs knew about the new ruling. In the end there has been numerous discussions and e-mails from the league indicating that all teams MUST have the cards.

One last point, if you have transferred a player, even within your own club, you need a new id card for that player.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE: Cardgate

Our SUFC Div 4 team also won by forfeit because the other team did not have their id cards. I think there was ample time and proper notice supplied by the league. I was at the AGM and have received a lot of emails from Neil recently about this. The teams that lost points had most of their squads without id. I know our ref checked all our players, and the league said it was at the refs discretion to check.

However I didn't know that players transferred within their own club had to get new cards ? Interesting point Dalglish, I will have to follow up on that.

I like the cardgate name for this scandal , classic !!!

Big T:cool:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Free Points !!!

Originally posted by MILLSY
Wondering if anyone else has heard about this, maybe Crafty and the boys could get themselves some more free points!;)

:(

Excellent idea Millsy - I'll look into it right away. Our affiliation with the FBI, CIA and MI5 should help with this one. The more free points the better.

Cheers:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
these guys are good

We emailed two pictures to Neil on sunday to be put onto ID cards and they arrived in the mail by tuesday morning. Not bad considering these guys must be swamped with all the player movement between teams.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I realize that the league is trying to stop teams from playing unregistered players, but wouldn't a players drivers licence and their registration form be fine. With both of these items you have two signatures which should match, plus a photo of the player. Is the league just trying to waste money, is there a surplus?

Save the money ($1.50), and get better refs($1.50 is about what these ones are worth)...:confused: :mad: :rolleyes:

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle,

I agree with you that a drivers license and the reg form should be enough, but then you get those one or two guys that always show up without their wallets. Then what? At least with the league forcing the ID cards, everyone registered will be eligible to play any game that they are not suspended for! (provided the coach/manager doesn't forget the ID cards)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone asked why this progressive implementation is taking place more than halfway through a season?

Does it make too much sense to give everyone until the start of next season?

Other than the fact that this idea of ID cards has been around since I had hair and outweighed RF, what's the rush?

~Regs.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, right???

What's the world coming to when the Gestapo actually has a valid point???;) The ID Cards have been around for years in every other league in BC... I know word travels much slower in wooded areas such as Maple Ridge and Aldergrove, but I heard Abbotsford just opened a MacDonalds???:eek: Now that must be exciting???

The story with the ID cards is actually quite typical of the FVSL... Too lottle too late... Why must they impose such rules this late in the season??? I thought the league began in September???

Maybe if Neil Fudge is lurking out there he can give us an explanation??? How about PNE??? Anyone from the league or their officials???

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Regs, right???

Originally posted by Guinness

The story with the ID cards is actually quite typical of the FVSL... Too lottle too late... Why must they impose such rules this late in the season??? I thought the league began in September???

Actually the league would have implemented the rules for Sept if the teams could get their shite together. I don't think the league is to blame, its always the teams complaining that they need an extension. I know they were supposed to enforce this in Nov but someone again asked for more time. I blame the teams and their officials for causing this mess. I know our id cards were done back in Oct.

I agree with Dalglish that there has always been ways to get players to play without id. This way forces the team to stop using suspended players or outside "ringers" for games.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
Has anyone asked why this progressive implementation is taking place more than halfway through a season?

~Regs.

Regs,

They did that last year. They went through the season trying get teams to implement the id cards but had no luck. Therefore before the season they specifically stated to all teams that this was going to happen, no matter what. Ample warning and ample time was provided , there should be no excuses. I think if it was up to the teams they would always say lets do it next year.:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point being is that you set the deadline for the first game of the season... if teams don't have their shite together by then, then they don't play... it doesn't get any simpler than that.

I'm sorry but you just don't go around setting new rules/policies/deadlines part way through a season... you are just asking for problems in my opinion.

~Regs.

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious as to what happens next year with these ID cards, do we have to go through this all over again or are the cards good for next year. Also what happens if you transfer teams do you take your card with you, in another words are they FVSL ID cards or team specific ID cards. I think all teams have had more than enough time to get pictures etc. done no excuses, we have played 15 games already this season.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MILLSY

Originally posted by MILLSY
Curious as to what happens next year with these ID cards, do we have to go through this all over again or are the cards good for next year. Also what happens if you transfer teams do you take your card with you, in another words are they FVSL ID cards or team specific ID cards. I think all teams have had more than enough time to get pictures etc. done no excuses, we have played 15 games already this season.

Just shut the hell up!:D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0