Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hotel Rwanda

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just went to see it and thought it was great. An interesting look at the legacy of European imperialism in Africa. I think Nick Nolte was supposed to be Romeo D'allaire, but then what do I know....
I think a loose paralell can be drawn to Schindlers list, dark, shocking, but good.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my book it's the best movie of the year.

I understand that the Canadian General for the UN, Romeo D'Allaire wasn't even consulted for the movie. General D'Allaire states in his book that the UN forces had more to do with the refuge and safety of the Rwandans in the hotel than Paul Rusesabagina.

Regardless, a worthwhile story that needed to be told.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hammerhead said:
I think a loose paralell can be drawn to Schindlers list, dark, shocking, but good.

I don't know about shocking....the movie is very good and it's about 80% accurate to really happened in the civil war between Tootsie's and Hootoo's. I had the pleasure of speaking to a gentlemen that lived in Rwanda during this time and the movie although deep and informative doesn't do justice to a real life story about this tragic time!

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
I don't know about shocking....

I do. Don Cheadle's got a C ockney (should we censor an entire population of East London? Isn't that~ GASP~ RACIST?) accent!

The Franchise said:
.......between Tootsie's and Hootoo's.

Aye, writing about Hutus and Tutsis is naff, let's write in a language the stupid people on here can try to understand!! :)

I can't believe someone would accuse Hollywood of changing history. That's shocking. :)

But you can't see me so you can carry on in splendid and blissful stupidity!! :)

terrytoo

Jan 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
:
Originally Posted by The Franchise I don't know about shocking....

I do. Don Cheadle's got a C0ckney accent!

:
Originally Posted by The Franchise .......between Tootsie's and Hootoo's.

Aye, writing about Hutus and Tutsis is to(o) highbrow, let's write in a language the stupid people on here can try to understand!! :D

I can't believe someone would accuse Hollywood of changing history. That's shocking.

terrytoo

Jan 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
If it wasn't for the Blowfish, Tootsie and Hootoo weren't worth the vinyl they were recorded on.

Flamin' Nora! A pisstake!!

Well played that man, well played.

Hope your inevitable ban and days in the silent wilderness is worth it! There's a much higher standard of pisstaking on this website when no one can see what you've written.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is it that Terrytoo is the Pisstake analysist. Who can and who can't. Just take your piss and move on man, don't harp on it over and over again, it is getting old. Enjoy the site for what it is and who all the different pisstakers are.
HOS has a Dream, and in that Dream, ....

Havn't seen the movie yet, but I have heard it is good, up for a few Oscar nominations too.

hos

terrytoo

Jan 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Why is it that Terrytoo is the Pisstake analysist. hos

Well you're clearly not up for the job are you, blossom?

Let's have a list of all the different pisstakers are then. So far I've found two.

If a film wins or is nominated for an Oscar it is certain to be good. Like Titanic and Cold River? I'd give you a gratis lesson in logic as well but I'm far too preoccupied in my self-appointed role as "analysist". :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0