Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hiking

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So some may find this not really much of a sport but that's only because they've never really experienced it full out.

I love hiking but am truly a beginner and have lots to learn. I started doing the Grouse Grind which I fealt was more of a trendy thing to do and realized it was not really my thing. Something about a narrow trail packed with hundreds of people at all different levels marching up and down annoying steps isn't my thing.

Then my cousin and I went to the other extreme and went to the top of the Golden Ears mountain. It was a 13 hour day(with rests during and at the top) of mixed emotions ending in the feeling of accomplishment. I want to do it again but to do this in one day was tough for me so who knows?

Should have read this before I went...

Golden Ears Trail - 12km, very difficult. Head out on the West Canyon Trail until you reach Alder Flats. This trail climbs to Panoramic Ridge where you are rewarded with an incredible view of the area. From here you can ascend to the North Ear that takes you across a permanent snow field. In order to attempt this you must have the requisite equipment and skills. Designated campsites are available at Alder Flats and Panorama Ridge. The Panorama section has snowpack well into the summer. You can expect snow to fall in this area at any time of year. The trail should take about 7 hours one way and should only be attempted as an overnight backpacking trip. It has an and has an elevation change of 1500 meters.

Anyone else done this? Or any other good spots to go?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you crazy man!!!!! knowing your luck you'll get injured walking out your front door and and miss yet another season of soccer.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So some may find this not really much of a sport but that's only because they've never really experienced it full out.

I love hiking but am truly a beginner and have lots to learn. I started doing the Grouse Grind which I fealt was more of a trendy thing to do and realized it was not really my thing. Something about a narrow trail packed with hundreds of people at all different levels marching up and down annoying steps isn't my thing.

Then my cousin and I went to the other extreme and went to the top of the Golden Ears mountain. It was a 13 hour day(with rests during and at the top) of mixed emotions ending in the feeling of accomplishment. I want to do it again but to do this in one day was tough for me so who knows?

Should have read this before I went...

Golden Ears Trail - 12km, very difficult. Head out on the West Canyon Trail until you reach Alder Flats. This trail climbs to Panoramic Ridge where you are rewarded with an incredible view of the area. From here you can ascend to the North Ear that takes you across a permanent snow field. In order to attempt this you must have the requisite equipment and skills. Designated campsites are available at Alder Flats and Panorama Ridge. The Panorama section has snowpack well into the summer. You can expect snow to fall in this area at any time of year. The trail should take about 7 hours one way and should only be attempted as an overnight backpacking trip. It has an and has an elevation change of 1500 meters.

Anyone else done this? Or any other good spots to go?

burke mountain is a good hike with a few good lakes and great fishing... it used to be a ski hill that was said to rival whistler at one point.. there are hundereds of abandend cabins up the for u and your "cousin" to rest in!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deano!

Golden Ears isn't that bad. Tough, but a day trip easy.

Next time you are up the Whistler way, I suggest Wedmont Lake. Tough hike but well worth it at the top. Should take about a half a day.

Anything around Buntzen Lake is good, and there is a ton of good short hikes out in Mission. Hoover Lake to name one.

Pick up the book 101 BC Hikes. Lots of good info in there for you.

Come to Kamloops. There is a shitload up here too.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't that the trip that someones dog went and wrecked his foot from the sharp rocks?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golden Ears? Yep. We all took turns carrying Bruiser down the hill. Poor guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0