Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Girl Guide Cookies Suck

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know the political-economic forces that drove the Girl Guides to change their cookie supplier a few years ago, but whatever they were, they resulted in a tragic event of culinary proportions.

My wife brought home a box from school the other day, and they just don't measure up to the old ones. It saddens me that the children of today and tomorrow will never know that Girl Guide Cookies were once something to look forward to buying. Now they're just something to avoid, such as those little league baseball players selling boxes of stale chocolate almonds in front of the liquor store.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you referring to the Vanilla and Chocolate mix or the Mint Chocolate ones.
Personally i would rather have them give me a choice of chocolate or vanilla instead of forcing me to by a mixed box.

Then again, we are just talking about cookies.

Damn expensive now too!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Checked the box...

Nope, still made by Dare. That part hasn't changed. The recipe definitely has. Talked to La Señora about this (she is a cookie expert, as she wrote the program to track cookie sales for them), and she definitely agrees - they have gone downhill.

Still responsible for raising over $.5 million in funds in BC every year, though...:eek:

Trece

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0