Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Geoff "Penno" Penniston

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geoff Penniston, Founder and Chairman of the Nations Cup Soccer Tournament, passed away last night after a short battle with cancer.

Penniston ("Penno") was a past President and coached the Richmond Olympics Football Club for many successful years, and was subsequently instrumental in the forming of Richmond United FC.

Penno's love for the game of soccer and his ongoing passion to develop and showcase local talent is best personified by the Nations Cup Tournament which is sure to be Geoff's lasting legacy. Having founded and organised this wonderful soccer event nearly 30 years ago, Penno touched, directly or indirectly the lives of generations of local soccer talent by creating a unique soccer experience for players and spectators alike.

Members of Richmond United, wish to take this time to acknowledge Geoff Penniston's contribution to our soccer community.

Jeff Wilson

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a better Legacy then the Nations Cup .... to me it's a Summer Tradition
and Imagine creating a Tradition .. just incredible

we all owe Geoff ... he would have shrug off any thanks i'm sure .. his fashion

Rest in peace Geoff

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember Geoff coaxing me in to driving all the way up to Williams Lake for my first men's tournament way back when I was 18.

RIP Geoff, you'll never be forgotten.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RIP, Geoff. He is definitely in a better place now as his last few weeks were to be blunt very difficult for him. God bless and condolensces out to close friends and family.

On behalf of Club Ireland Football Club, thanks for all you did for football in our community.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never had the chance to meet the man. Sounds like he was an incredible guy, especially starting a tournament like the Nations Cup. Thanks Geoff, RIP.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will miss Penno dearly. He coached me when I was 18 at Richmond Olympics and I have had the opportunity to continue to be around him with the Nations Cup organization. His passion for soccer and the enjoyment of being with his friends has been inspirational.

We have talked many times about the World Cup and the joy of being part of the experience. I have been saving to go to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and spending time with him at the event. I will miss not having that opportunity but will make a point of toasting Penno at the event.

The Nations Cup will miss something this year without him but the joy of tournament, his legacy and his memory will be forever celebrated.

RIP Geoff,

Mike MacDonald and Family

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would love to buy a round on behalf of this fine man. Let me know the numbers to this world cup and I will donate a round. This is one weekend I truely look forward to every year.
Thanks Geoff

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is now confirmed that Geoff's service will be held on April 6th at 1300 hours at the Richmond Funeral home, 8420 Cambie, Richmond.

Hibseattle

Nov 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thoughts and prayers to Geoff's friends and family. He was instrumental in the merger of Olympics and Labatt's and his United legacy will live on.
Geoff Pegg

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jesus !thats sad, maybe you can have a wee chat with the criminal upstairs!
what a great tourney you became!

R.I.P
Gary & Dave Corr

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rip Geoff this tournament was a huge part of my life growing up watching my dad play for scotland and then playing myself. I will conduct a 1 minute silence in his memory at the Calgary Nations Cup.

Sneds

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0