Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

General Strike

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Province of B.C. will be slowed down or even shut down in protest of the Liberal Government, by the organized workers throughout B.C. In reaction to the Liberals and the contract that they have imposed on the HEU workers, other Unionized Workers of B.C. will walk off the Job on Friday April 30th.
I hope that not only organized workers, such as city, transit, public schools, university, health care, etc.; but also other non-unionized workers join this protest against this government. They are ripping up contracts, who knows what they could do next to any worker in this province. Fight back on Friday.

Chris Johnson

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A friday which will be 26 degrees..... hmmmmm

Sounds like a good idea to me.... anybody else here work at city of van??

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday yes, but we were told by our union reps this morning that this was just the begining.

It is about time we did something to let the evil Liberals know that it won't be tolerated.

Now, who wants to march down Canada Way with me and tip over cars?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cerebral smallsy said:
hmmm, a friday for a general strike. go figure. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter what day it is, this is a protest against this government and the shitt they think they can pull on the workers in this Province. Not only are they asking most of these workers to take a 2-5 dollar an hour cut in pay, but they have the balls to ask for it to be retro-active back to April 1st, so the employees go back to work and pay back the money they have already worked for, and still have no assurance that they will have a job in the future.

I am not getting paid today, but I am not off to the beach, I am heading down to Royal Columbian Hospital to help support these workers. How is that for a Friday.

On this note, I don't think the walk out in Burnaby by the CUPE members will affect the WhiteCaps game tonight, it is only during the day, and workiers will be on the job tonight.

hos on his soapbox

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just like a big pendulum.

The unions have been sticking it to the people of BC for 20 years, especially with the morons from the NDP who catered to them just for votes. (BC Ferries as an example) Now the dollars are so out of whack that they need to readjust the books. I don't agree with them going back for $ retroactively and the whole process should be done at the bargining table. That being said, the people of BC are being screwed by the Unions and they should get back to work.

Leandon'tletthemotherinlawfindoutaboutthis

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't get me started on the Ferry workers.(I'm related to 2 of them) Most of them are the biggest canine-fornicators on the planet.

friedbread

Jan 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I support the strike and all, but do we really have to close the city golf courses down. I've got a sunday tee time at riverway, and there is no way i'll get a tee time now for tommorrow. guess i'll have to start on the second hole..... :(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
friedbread: even if there had been a strike, and the courses were still open, you still wouldn't be able to get a tee time with all the Union workers opting to whack a ball on their day off.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0