Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

General Banter

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mwsl

This thread will definately be lighting it up on the posts count in no time, so I thought that I would start the band wagon in motion.

The RUFC ladies are off to a great start in their newly demoted, re-building third division campaign. So far we have drawn 1-1, and won 8-1 & 2-0.

We are looking to gain some confidence this year, re-build and look to make a good run in 2nd div. next year(where we should be !!).

Let's here from all the ladies from all the divisions on how you're doing !!

Cheers, Mackers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should I?

Because of the explosive amount of posts to come, should I dedicate a whole sub-forum to the MWSL?

~TB.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shouldn't you ??

Regs,

That would be up to you I guess, but I would like to see it !!

Maybe it'll draw some attention from the better halves and intice them to start posting instead of just lurking which we all know is going on, right Dark Angel ?!?!?!

Cheers, Mackers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forget Dark Angel...

If it'll get that Poco bird whose picture has been floating around TTP to start posting, I'll make it a "front page forum".

Oh wait, we already have a Beyond the Chick Tourney Forum... I'll see what I can do :D

~TB.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here then, I'll help.

Premier A:

Surrey 6 Westside 3
Alumni over Burnaby 3-1 I think...

Premier B:

Kerrisdale v Metro Ford ppd.

Some jerk wrecked Champlain Heights field by driving all over it.:mad:

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain Heights...

Kurgan,

Isn't Champlain Heights in South East Van, I thought Kerrisdale played out of the Westside ??

Cheers, Mackers.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't Peg a Surrey team?

Alumni A, Westside and Kerrisdale are all Premier teams out of the west side of Vancouver so maybe there's a scheduling conflict. Not to mention the other divisions.

If you thought the VMSL was fcuked, check out all the wannabes who run women's soccer in the city...:(

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have no idea. Every season it's something else. This year's fcuk-up has the MWSL setting a 5 goal limit on goal difference. So what happens at the end of the season if teams are tied on points and goals? That may be unlikely, but it's the principle of the matter.

Sweet!Checkoutthatavatar!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tie-breaker

I heard if they are still tied, they count up the number of subs made by both teams over the course of the season... the team who made the least number finishes higher.

Did you guys know that UBC Alumni is now under the Sportstown umbrella? Might help explain why the Sportstown mens team wears pink uniforms.

~TBwhoneedstogetSexualChocolatebackonheretostirthepot.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sexual Chocolate

Regs,

Maybe AJ will come on and post if you made that Sub-Forum for MWSL like you were talking about........still waiting..........

Keeper,

The five goal difference only applies to the website, the real score is recorded on paper but they will only display a score with no more than a 5 goal deficit on MWSL, the memo said, and I quote, "there is no benefit to running up the score on an opponent" Didn't you get the memo !!

Cheers, Mackers.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm only a fan . . .

. . . so I didn't get a memo. However, I spoke to Besty (he's coaching the Div 1, Westside Shooters) and he quoted me that same passage. There is a benefit to running up a score, though: as I mentioned before, if teams are tied on points, more goals makes for a better goal difference.

If they're still keeping track of the true score, then are they merely trying to prevent hurting their feeling. C'mon, they're big girls now -- they can take it.

Are you coaching one of the Richmond teams, Mackers?

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
YUP...

Keeper,

Don't get me wrong , I totally agree with you about the goal difference thing, the MWSL is a totally different animal when it comes to how they run their league, I don't like it all !!

Yes I do coach the RUFC Women's team, we are currently in Div 3(newly demoted from Div. 2) but are working our way back !!

Cheers, Mackers.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spelling ?!?!?

Regs,

By the way, it's MWSL not MWSSL !!

Just so you know.

Cheers, Mackers.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've got my attention

Okay let's turn the topics around...

I'm not here to cause a stink, but to post some thoughts around our Metro Women's Divisional Play.

Hey Mackers, if you are looking for a striker, I know where you can find one!
Someone needs to post some updates about some contriversial games and such. I am only one person that can make it out to so many games on Sundays.

First off, I hate to say it, but our BC Women's reps are not ready for the Nationals. Not to mention injuries, but fitness will be a key with them. (as if I am one to talk)

Next off, I am proud of Westside's intensity level since the start of the season. Hopefully they will be a contender for the BC this season.

Good 'ol Alumni, well, they may be with Sportstown, but they were wearing "Saveco" shirts the other day. What is up with that?

Kerrisdale, a new season, with a brand new look. Well, I hope to see some progress made with a great coach. Look for them in 2003/04.

I'm hearing a rumour that the 'ol Cliff Ave girls (Surrey FC) are on fire. I guess it is all the clinic coaching from a pro player that helps here. Let's take note, look for the new team to be the next BC champs. Now, let's hope that the Breakers training and games don't get in the way again!

As for the rest, I can't say much about the Div. 1 teams that have come up to Prem. B. I do know however, there are teams in Div. 1 that throw games on purpose, just so they don't have to be pushed up to play against teams like Alumni and Surrey FC.

I have seen some nice soccer in Div 2 and 3 this year. I think it is due to guys like Mackers that come out and not only support their women, but use their experieince to make them better teams!

I was happy to see the team that I help coach win on the weekend. I do however take offense to the SHATTY team that decided because they were losing, to make fun of my brother on the sidelines. I'm just hoping for some class, they definitley give the Burnaby/New West region a BAD BAD name!

Sexual chocolate~speaking my mind
notbitteratallbecauseIdidnotfindaplacetoplayinpremiersoccer:confused:

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chocolate de sex...

AJ,

A striker, interesting, I am always looking for new talent, soccer players that is :D , especially if the striker is, say......mmmmmm.......YOU !!

What's with you not playing again ?? You are more than welcome to come with Richmond United although i'm sure your team would get first dibs if you decided to play. What's with your team playing out in Burnaby, I though you were a Richmond team ??

I don't know if my experience is helping but I hope so, I love to see the improvement and enthusiam in our girls when they train and play. The lower divisions really need better coaches to help the newer girls understand some of the basics. I see some of these coaches and they are just boyfriends that have no idea what they are doing, kudos to them for stepping up but it really doesn't help the girls in their progression.

Anyways, sexual, it's good to see you on this forum, hopefully we can encourage more MWSLers to log in and start some ranting and piss-taking. A good start would be if Regs could change the spelling, then maybe they'll be able to figure out which forum it is ;) , ;)

Cheers, Mackers.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said

Trying to get the honey on this site is proving more difficult than I first thought. Hopefully after getting her hooked up with a new computer and high-speed internet might get her motivated. So far, it's a task just to get her used to Outlook rather than surfing to Hotmail all the time.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mine too...

My bird...oooops.....fiancee, has a little trouble around the 'puter as well but am trying to get her to come on and say a bit about her team. She has left my team to venture into the First division so needless to say there was some dissention in the household ranks for awhile, but things are a little better now, I just call her a "Turncoat" from now on and feel much better.

Maybe she'll read that to give her incentive to come on in and tear me up ??

Cheers, Mackers.

lookingformoreladiestopost

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry...

Regs,

Sorry, I forgot to thank you for changing the spelling of the Forum, hopefully that'll stir up some interest and we'll see some different people posting here !!

Cheers, Mackers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry is right

With you continuously stating you're lookingformoreladies in here, my work in correcting spelling errors will go for nowt.

Perhaps if you ever sort your missus out and get her signed up on TTP as Turncoat, we can work on changing your username from Mackers to Overcoat.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0