Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter-Dec.'05/Jan.'06

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
BigBag is a Big Wind Bag. By the looks of it you could have used some of the old 'Bonesmokers' to help you through this transitional year. More than a few teams keep 'Old Guys' around and bring in new guys. But I wonder if attracting players has anything to do with having a good coach that doesn't need to belittle his players to 'get the best' out of them. Then again your the one or your coach is the one with all the certificates. What would I know about anything anyway

Gross stick your a complete twat!

I didn't remove the older players. They quit before I got there, of their own accord. Obviously they didn't want to be there. The club asked me to keep their spots open and I obliged!
Get your facts in order before you have a go! I'm quite happy to have the old bonesmokers I've got. At least they stayed around during this transition period.

Why don't all you Cnuts fcuk off! and let the senior players figure this shite out, if we need any input from the recreational players we'll let you know!!

Poco City Coach

Let that be the end of all this crap!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For a few years Poco has needed to get some good young blood in to push the old guys or push them out, for whatever reason it didn't happen. Hopefully now, even though its been a tough year for them that this is underway. In the time that I played there I wondered why there was an absence of good young guys coming through. With a club like Metro Ford there were always good young players around but they always got chased off, I don't know if that is still happening. Poco just never seemed to very many. I understand they are affiliated with the youth club now, thats a good start. Hopefully the Big Wind Bag can turn this around. It is a shame to see them where they are, hopefully next year things will get better.

Windbag, good luck to you. Keep in mind that this is about Taking the Piss. If you can't take it, don't read it.

I would say I'm only a partial Twat, but you are entitled to your opinion. But speaking of compete twats any truth to the Sid assistant coach rumour in Poco?

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One old bonesmoker who is a complete wanker and dirty cnut is Kirby from Poco. Time to hang em up big man, too old and too slow.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored,

Why again does some sort of affiliation w/ MF not work for Poco? Seems that they would be sending away a number of players every year that aren't ready for the big team, but could play FVSL Premier?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford worries about the Metro Ford Wolves and that all. Unless there is some change at the top, the Azzie and Price old boys club nothing is going to change there. Metro Ford got rid of their Valley club (Tayside). After Tayside won promotion to Premier, Metro Ford blocked them going up (wouldn't want to have 2 Premier teams), then they gave them the Valley spot and then they pulled out of the Valley the next year - and in August by the way. Just after the fields are allocated for the season, nice one. There is no chance of Metro Ford doing anything for the local players if they aren't going to play for the Wolves, full stop.

Maybe with the big Wind Bag (x-metro ford) coaching they can attract some of those players that just need some time and seasoning to develop. The Vanvouver Metro League is full of very good x-Metro Ford youth players that didn't fit in with the Old boys club at Metro Ford.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lovely conditions at John Oliver yesterday, as if it's not hard enough to play on soggy grass but the sideways freezing rain was a nice addition. Luckily for Teddy's wife, my hands thawed out around 10:00 last night. Looking forward to another wet one in Chilli on Friday.
PS. Nice to see the "Bag of Dicks" revival Utah

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Big bag of dicks

Nukes. no one on this green earth needs to call out that Dutch oven!!! Let the donkey sleep...
Originally posted by old bonesmoker
The Vancouver Metro League is full of very good x-Metro Ford youth players that didn't fit in with the Old boys club at Metro Ford.
Inter are arguably the best team in the vmsl and they are full of them... Corraza, Jomo, Kindel(s) and Van Shaggen to name a few... The Wolves are finally having a good season this year... Fletcher tells me every September they'll be good, but since '98 they've been mince!!! I guess they're doing something right... The turnaround has been in motion since the firing of sid from the CAT team I'm sure!!!;)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next POCO is GEU. There four or five best players two weeks ago were the old war horses. Once they move on I do not see the next premier group in the mix.

The Lions for all their hardship in their first 2-3 years always showed promise. Devoted coaches, young tight group, and most importantly they also appeared to care, be it in a relegation battle or any other match, early or late. Pretty sure we have beaten them 6 times plus Pak, and am willing to bet collectively by less than 10 goals. Personally don't see the same from any of the 4 teams in the relegation battle or GEU for that matter. DMU has huge potential. They have 2-3 kids that are very good. The three teams likely heading to provincials through leagues all have a healthy mix of young and old, and agree with the banter about POCO, in as much that you can't clean house of all the old guys overnight. Better chance of the program disappearing than rebuilding overnight. It ain't the same, playing U-18 or college.

I believe our head stats guy, young-guy, was right that our point yesterday secures a provincial spot for us. Now between PAU and the LION's. Lions have to win both games remaining, although no easy task being the Wack and PAU. PAU has POCO in the other game. PAU definately the favorite.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very sad the way things have gone for Poco this year. You always hope that you can rebuild while still maintaining some form and pick up enough points to compete. When that amount of experience all leave at the same time, it is really going to hurt you. One thing I did notice when we played them at Gates the other week was that some of the younger players I had watched in previous seasons did not look interested and didn't impress the way they had before. Hopefully the new regime will get it right in time to stay up.

Congrats to Chilliwack and Langley taking the first two of four spots available for the BC's.

With nowhere to go but 5th spot this year, we must hope for a repeat of 2003 to see us through.

Cheers

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
I believe our head stats guy, young-guy, was right that our point yesterday secures a provincial spot for us.

No piss take here but how do you figure you've wrapped up second place??

You guys have 36 pts and with a loss to Chilli this week and then the SURGING Storm, it look as though you'll finish with 36 pts.

If the Lions and PAU win their games against their other opponents and draw one another, then they also end up wth 36 pts.....hummm.....

So the question?! In what order do they decide the tie breakers?

If it's Head - Head then Langley & PAU. If its goal difference (yet to be determined as the season isn't done yet) then we'll have to wait and see.

FYI....I tried looking up on the FVSL Website and had no luck. Does anyone know where to find this info. As well, would the finalist of the Pak Cup get priority over the fourth place finisher in the league for the final BC spot if it came down to it??

Inquiring minds want to know....

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knees United said:
No piss take here but how do you figure you've wrapped up second place??

You guys have 36 pts and with a loss to Chilli this week and then the SURGING Storm, it look as though you'll finish with 36 pts.

If the Lions and PAU win their games against their other opponents and draw one another, then they also end up wth 36 pts.....hummm.....

So the question?! In what order do they decide the tie breakers?

If it's Head - Head then Langley & PAU. If its goal difference (yet to be determined as the season isn't done yet) then we'll have to wait and see.

FYI....I tried looking up on the FVSL Website and had no luck. Does anyone know where to find this info. As well, would the finalist of the Pak Cup get priority over the fourth place finisher in the league for the final BC spot if it came down to it??

Inquiring minds want to know....

Ok, as I read it. We have secured a top three, not top 2. Top 3 in league this year get berths. Pak winner gets fourth, and as in the past if the Cup winner is one of the top 3 the 4th would go.

LU 36, PAU 32, ND 32. Assuming we finish with 36, and PAU and ND win, takes you both to 35. A PAU win, ND finishes with 35. A ND win, we finish ahead of PAU. A tie, we all have 36. Now the tiebreakers.

From the FVSL Website:

The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams.

No matter how you read this, LU takes ND, PAU takes LU, and if a tie last game, nothing separates PAU and ND due to two ties. Now if it is head to head given the tie, LU has 7 points, PAU would have 6 and ND would have 2. Not sure if I am interpreting this correctly, but my earlier assumption was based on us having the tiebreaker advantage over the Lions.
Now if I was a betting man, I still think we would be ok, but there is a shred of uncertainty now. Thoughts.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
why is the Pak cup thread closed? I was just looking at the draw which I am sure many have noticed the bottom half of the draw is fukcing soft. GEU premier have about as nice of a draw as you could ask for. NDFC not that we are a threat anyway but we defnitly have pretty much the toughest draw possible.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pak cup thread is now open again... it was merged with a different thread that was closed and was left that way by accident afterwards.

~Peg6Poco2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0