Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier predictions, and other discussions about whatever.

Who will win the Fraser Valley Premier League this year?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Slurrey United

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Slurrey City

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Delta United

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • GN Sporting Club

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Townsend Park

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correction

Correction to my last post...Craig Forest did not have a tactical removed, but rather a testical .

DWMC- whohastostoprellyingonspellcheck

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DWMC - young punk.

I actually did take one tour of duty playing with the over 30 boys. 2 years ago. While the players were all very skilled (at least one or two ex-pros on each team), the fitness level and seriousness were not what I was looking for. Thought I would give it another go with the young-uns until my body said not to.

Funny - every Monday morning it says not to....

See you at the far post DWMC.

Hey, there are still a few teams with shots at the premiere title this year. Poco still should still be the favourites. I would say that the top contenders would be Dominion, with a dark horse being that team that plays at Reeves Park.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE: Young Punk

Monkey: As you know, I may be a young punk in age, but sort of an old fart in every other area. I don't think you'll be seeing me at the far post this year, but perhaps next year after I change my mind on retirement next summer. BTW: answer your PM, you Donkey!

Bullocks: I still don't know who the HE double hockey sticks you are, but how did the SC Peg lads fare today?

DWMC

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clean sheet

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Bullocks: I still don't know who the HE double hockey sticks you are, but how did the SC Peg lads fare today?

Dude,

-> SC Peg 6 - Aldergrove 0.

What a trouncing. For some reason we started flat in the first half and were only up 1-0 after 45 minutes. Aldergrove didn't really string any passes together and were never really a threat. Actually they had one chance where a man sprung free in the first half at the top of our 18, but our goalie made a charging save and that was the end of that.

After the start of the second half it was evident that Aldergrove's fitness was nowhere near what it should be for premier IMHO. They were even more sluggish and their kick-and-run style didn't even penetrate our 1/3 of the half. They got a couple corners but that's all.

We netted 5 goals in the second half, but it could have been much much more. Actually Aldergrove's goalie was pretty good between the pipes considering his lack of defensive help. We had two Rangers up with us and between them they scored 3/6 of our goals. The other 3 goals were split between our two big men up front who can't seem to stop scoring as of late.

Next week it's GN Sport for us ... the team who tied(?) Aldergrove (how did that happen?). Bollocks is looking to take it to those boys ... I'll tell you that! We're sure happy to see that ALU-Poco result. Thanx Skytrain. :D

... and I hope Poco remembers our first game where it was 4-2 for Poco and we had one goal called back. Also, Poco's 4th goal in that match was a questionable handball ... so the game could've been a 3-3 tie .... and SC Peg is getting better. ;)

Anybody watch that Peace Arch game?

Bollocks

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: DWMC - young punk.

Originally posted by Fat Monkey
Hey, there are still a few teams with shots at the premiere title this year. Poco still should still be the favourites. I would say that the top contenders would be Dominion, with a dark horse being that team that plays at Reeves Park.

Fat Monkey,

Don't discount out us SC Pegasus boys yet .... we have a horse as our logo my friend. ;)

Bollocks

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a weekend

Just checked the scores, looks like the weekend tightened up the league. Good to see. Little more entertaining than seeing PoCo alone at the top.

Was nice to see flags at half mast in PoCo from the result of Friday nights game. Brings a tear to the eye.:D

Fat Monkey, DWMC

Get a room.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: score of the game

Originally posted by Skytrain
Final score on game should be:

Skytrain 1 - PoCo 0 :(

Nice way to make my 100th post. Skytrain scored a great goal off a deflected shot. Nodded it back to the keeper, who at the same time was coming out to get the ball. Just no communication during the whole mess. OG was in the first 10 minutes of the game.

That just breaks my heart.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where did they go?

Where have all the Poco guys gone? They lose a shocker, and then pull a Razorbacks. Come on boys. Sliver? Any comment on Friday? Bored? How about a comment Dalglish.:rolleyes: Anyone?

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still Here!!!

Hey TR,

I'm here, but still smarting after our Friday night loss. I'll get my predicitons for the coming weekend up a little later.

PS. I saw you on the side lines on Friday night. You don't look as huge in person as you do on your avatar. Have you lost a little weight:confused:

Sliver

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob says....

What is it that they say.....the camera adds about 100 pounds?:)

About the game. I was a little shocked with Poco's lack of finishing. Do you think the Friday night game time threw you off, or was it Allouette's steller defending?:rolleyes:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: TheRob says....

Originally posted by TheRob
I was a little shocked with Poco's lack of finishing. Do you think the Friday night game time threw you off, or was it Allouette's steller defending?:rolleyes:

Niether, it was a case of taking a team to easy. Thought it would be a cake walk. Might get back on track though, and start scoring goals. Not looking fwd to practice though tonight. Coach might decide to do extra running:(

skytraingaveonegoaltomakethegameinteresting
forthefansbutitbackfired

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU post

Just posting to let people know we are still playing even if we are getting sh*tkicked right now. Have a nice fu#*in' day!:mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:GEU post

Bertrum,

I believe there is a lack of confidence with the keeper right now.
He has been very hesitant in his decisions lately.
The first TP goal should have been stopped. Thought he could have came out and got that one.

I have also heard that some of the coaching decisions were a little suspect. ie: taking a defender (biggest guy on the pitch) out just before a free kick at the 18yd box to put in another midfielder. (TP scored the game winner on this free kick)

Any thoughts?

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are correct sir

As in the words of the imortal (sp?) Platinum Blond "Situation Critical". Their was a meeting of the minds on Monday night. Personel changes should be taking affect this weekend. If not their's trouble. PS Taking off the BIG MAN at the end of the game was a disgrace. Even Skippy (the ref) said "why is your coach taking him out of the game?" Bertrum gettting pissed off. Can't play a game were their is no tactical style, kick and run ain't gonna cut it. Maybe for the first three games but not the rest of the season. Bertrum OUT!:mad:

FatJoe

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 7 predictions

Razorbacks 1 - Peace Arch 2
A win for PA unless the Razors pull some horseshoes out of their ass.

GEU 2- Surrey Utd 2
Both teams slumping. SU has bottomed out, it can only get better. GEU on a bad slump which will continue.

Aldergrove 0 - Townsend 6
No comment.

GN Sporting 2 - SC Peg 1
SC Peg will finish in the top half. However, they will not gain 3 points in this round.

PoCo City 2 - Delta 'A' 2
Poco City 4 - Delta 'B' 1
Depends on which Delta team is fielded. It seems that many of their players play for College teams on the weekends.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Week 7 predictions

Originally posted by FatJoe
Razorbacks 1 - Peace Arch 2
A win for PA unless the Razors pull some horseshoes out of their ass.

I don't think Razorbacks have any lucky horseshoes or rabbit's feet left. they used them all up last week against PoCo

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally some postings other than the boo-hoo GEU ones.

Fat Joe: Bang on with your predictions except one.
Can you guess which one?

Actually, I can't see GEU losing to Surrey U either.
But, there's trouble in farmer's paradise.....

Seems like someone still isn't over Friday's loss yet either.
Thank God as it's kept him a little humble for at least a week or so anyway.

Rangerenjoyingnotrumpetsthisweek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0