Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Offseason Banter Spring/Summer 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
seems like there is a lot of movement this offseason. Early top 3 predictions to get into the BCPL??

gotta say, ACBC is a frontrunner if they can get there shite straight.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This year will be crazy with the top 3 teams moveing up. Look for one hell of a race as everyone wants to say they are in the new Super Premier League. Great Idea Thomas and well done getting this new division started.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Overall, I like the idea and the initiative to improve the level of play at our level, but honestly, I think you take the top three sides out of the Valley and the "FVSL Premier" as we know it, is toast. After 1 maybe two (stretch) seasons go by, I sincerely don't think you'll have the kind of player moment and transfers to the FVSL "on the bubble" teams you may think you will (and it would sorely, sorely need)

I think overall we’re condemning the FVSL Premier to mediocrity and taking away the ground it/we/they have made on the VMSL over the last 4 or 5 years.

IMO. Tell me I'm wrong, convince me otherwise. I think the same thing for the VISL as well, though I don’t know it nearly as well.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, that all said;

To be better as a whole, I think we need to unify everything anyway. A BC premier and a BC League 1, which would mean the FVSL and VMSL become like anything else, simply rec leagues to house all the Div 2, 3, 4 or 5 (Poco sides. :) )Use those names and leagues for people who only want to play close to home. They can still have the own league cups, Imperials and Pack’s but you want a shot at the BC’s and nationals you have to be in the BC Premier or BC league 1.

Maybe a type of provincial cup tourney at the end of the year for all teams trying to get into div 1 type of thing… I'm just spitballing now.

Politics’, chest pounding and pride will never allow it I’m sure... We have such a massive inferiorly complex that we would kill anything positive to say we’re 7th place in VMSL Div 1 rather than call a spade a spade and say we’re top of the table FVSL or VMSL rec 1 or 2.

Who cares, i'm too old for this shite anyway. Trying out for one of these teams now I'm sure I would get the same feeling cloughie does when they take down the "All you can eat" signs when they see him in the parking lot.

:knvb:

I know. I know... if I had a boat it would be called the C-nut...

Hawkvalley

Mar 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse it will make it way more fun for guys in the Valley. Next year three clubs will move up from div one in to premier and down the line.If the side is good,it could only take them three years to move up from the bottom level. That's darn good. VMSL is impossible to move up,it takes five to six years. I personaly think four clubs from Valley shoud go in in to BCSL. Valley league is just as good as VMSL.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You misread. Who's saying you'd make the team?

I'm taking my Olive branch and going home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0