Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier - mid season review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings as of tonight. Nov.05.06

1 Peace Arch United 9 7 0 2 25 11 21
2 Aldergrove United 9 7 0 2 24 11 21
3 Chilliwack Rapids 8 5 2 1 28 9 17
4 Port Moody Fury 9 3 3 3 14 15 12
5 North Delta Lions 9 3 2 4 17 14 11
6 Delta Metro United 9 3 2 3 13 16 11
7 LUFC United 7 3 0 4 7 13 9
8 Golden Ears United SC 9 3 0 6 13 21 9
9 Poco City FC 9 2 2 5 10 18 8
10 GN Sporting Club 8 1 1 6 7 30 4

Biggest suprise - Aldergrove and Port Moody in top 4
Biggest Disappointment - Langley's 0-4 start
Looks good on them - GN battling relegation

After seeing every team at least once so far, I've give my wee opinion on who's who and what's what.

PAU - team chemistry and a new system have positively affected our record... Too early to get over excited, but we have been getting stronger as the season has gone on... Will contend for title.
Aldergrove - suprise suprise, they have came flying out of the gate and keep getting results... They are for real, but have had a few good bounces to help their work rate... Baldy has been over looked for years and has finally got scoring now that he's off the backline... Will be a contender for league title and almost a lock to qualify for the BC's.
Chilliwack - Seemed to stumble with a couple of early ties (very un-characteristic), but are still the team to beat... However, they were not the dominant force last week against PAU... Big in size and mentally strong they are a lock to qualify for the BC's and will be battling for the league title come February.
Port Moody - Another big suprise in the premiership... Didn't win promation through Div.1 league title, but have proved they are a worthy contender... I personally believe they'll finish out of the top 4, but are a team of the future with pace and youth.
ND Lions - Neck and neck with DMU, had a great result early in Chilliwack after adding a few useful players from Whalley... However, have caught the injury bug and that has murdered them lately... Not the promising young team of the valley any more, they need to step up or will struggle down the stretch... Unless they can turn it around, a BC birth not in the cards this season.
DMU - Another very young side after losing all of their vets to the VMSL... Sitting in position out of the relegation zone, but a bad October has hurt their good start... Another team of the future, but no BC's this year.
Langley - Worse start in years... Lost some vets to Div.1, but have added some young talent over the last couple of seasons... They are still a threat for a BC spot, look for them to have one of the best second half point totals in the league... Key match is Chilliwack next week.
GEU - Good start, but have lost 4 of their last 5 games... Battle well and have adjusted with a younger quicker line up than the typical Big thumping teams of the new millenium... Should finish out of the relegation zone if they get a few results in the next month.
Poco - Growing pains of adjusting to inserting young blood into a once loud and proud team... Gone is the swagger and success, but Bigbag should get a few more favourable results in the upcoming weeks... Aging players must buy into team concept and realise the developement factor... Should finish in 7th or 8th.
GN - This traditionally un-organised club have not won since week one... Starting matches with less than 11 men is a complete embarassment to everyone in the FVSL... They have been a cellar dwellar for a coulpe of years now, it is their time to be relegated unless they can get some college kids to be reliable week in and out??? I'll pick them to finish rock bottom.

Honestly.

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i see us quite possibly finishing 4th unless langley puts it together and strings a lot of points together in the second half, we beat north delta and tied dmu in a game that we easily should have won, i was not impressed with them much at all and dont see either of them passing us.

i never saw PAU but i liked chilli a lot more than aldergrove and i think chilli will be ahead of them at the end of the season.

poco looked a lot better tonight than what there standings show, i think they will be a few spots higher by the end for sure.

gn=relegation
dmu=playing in the relegation playoff

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice review Guinness.
pretty much agree on most of it.

PAU and Chilli to battle for the league title.
Aldergrove is for real, and to finish 3rd. But should be a contender for years to come.
Langley, WILL have a very strong second half. especially with some Trinity players joining them.
that should round out the top 4.
G.N. will get relegated or even fold before the season is over.
and Delta Metro will finish 9th.
the others will take points here and there, but I don't see any of them being very consistent. Maybe GEU winning a few more in the second half.

offtotrainwiththemexicansandtherangers

LION

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. PAU - strong, big, quick. have enough to win the league this year.
2. Chili - I missed chili the first time around, but from what I heard there much like last year.
3. Aldergrove - as much as i hate this mucker team they seem to be finding ways to win. Will drop more point in the second half but should stay near the top.
4. Langley - Trinity players will help. Definately not the team from the past but the league is weak enough for them to finish top 4.
5. GEU - After the PAU game we seem to finding whats going to work for us. Look for a much more defending, boring style, but i think we will knock off a few more wins, and finish .500 or above.
6. Pomo - Young team that likes to run. Still a little soft on the ball but it will come. Good addition to the league.
7. Poco - Will get a few more results in the second half but not enough to make anyone turn there heads. Always a dangerous team to play though.
8. DMU - Started off strong but now i think we know what to expect. Another young team, but just not physical enough. To fight against a D.1 Team for rel/pro.
9. GN - no comment.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
posted by: Outkast
1. PAU - strong, big, quick.

Finally someone has posted what I've been telling them about me for years!
SERIOUSLY. :rolleyes:

BTW, you missed where the shitty Lions will finish!

JunctionKing

Sep 28, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
pau is the best team I have seen so far this year (my first in premier). All around the talent is pretty decent and pretty much every team we've played has showed a lot of class. Looking forward to a great 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0