Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2023/2024 Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo Nazario

Dec 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Men’s league is tough. It takes someone outside of the club “usually” to push it as a passion project.

It’s rare nowadays for kids to feel attached to their club after youth. Especially with the modern day BCSPL where kids change teams on a whim. Little Johnny isn’t starting or the coach is mean. Not to mention the club taking in players from other clubs constantly, happily pushing out the ones who have been there for 10 years and paying thousands. I don’t think many kids care about coming back and playing for their “club” in men’s.

I went and watched two Surrey United games and they had called up 3-4 youth players in one. To hear them on the sideline was nuts. 30 min in the game bitching to their parents, they call me up and aren’t even playing me this is a joke. One took off his gear at half and watched with his friends from outside the fence. The other bitched and talked shite for 60 min. Ran onto the field and said “watch this” with 30 left. Proceeded to do nothing.

I remember just being honoured to be called up and bust my ass for 20min. Then think how cool it was to be in the room and be handed a beer by a guy that seemed like my dad. Times are different and when you get a group that’s good and has their shite together enjoy it. Be thankful for the guys pushing to make it work and run.
Bet Surrey instagram was in their DMs saying they would start
Lots of players complain about Surrey trying their best to slide into DMs

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it’s Div 1 but what happened to land someone a 5 year suspension?!?
I got 10 years for calling out bc soccer for allowing child abusers and their enablers to go unchecked.

Zero investigation. Zero consequences

Apparently that’s bringing the game and its members into disrepute.

BC soccer discipline is a fcukin gong show of dipshits who know nada about procedure or application of policy

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arrested Development Mistake GIF

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it’s Div 1 but what happened to land someone a 5 year suspension?!?

I believe this suspension is from when the #1 team in Spring "premier" league, Wau Naar United, had some kind of meltdown in their only loss of the season and subsequently got booted out of the league.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got 10 years for calling out bc soccer for allowing child abusers and their enablers to go unchecked.

Zero investigation. Zero consequences

Apparently that’s bringing the game and its members into disrepute.

BC soccer discipline is a fcukin gong show of dipshits who know nada about procedure or application of policy
2 more years! 2 more years!

episode 9 conspiracy GIF

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 more years! 2 more years!

episode 9 conspiracy GIF
Twas a lifetime suspension reduced to 10 years….think I’m sittin at 3 and change left…. Like I give a fcuk….all I really have to say about that is…. I got more than Blatter!! I got more than Blatter!! ( said in the best rendition of Eddie Murphy Delirious I can muster)….Lmfao

If I don’t hold the record I’ll have to think of something I can do to tip the scales

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tbf, in this one instance (the Abby v Surrey one) the players weren’t the problem. They managed to claw back from 3-0 down and bring it to 3-2, and had the lights not gone out, they had the momentum to maybe go on and get something out of it. Abby wasn’t their best, but Surrey seemed to be marginally better than they have been in months (errr, years). Whether the players they have now are Surrey products or not I don’t know; I know a few are Trinity players. But wherever they’re from, what chance have they got when their technical area can’t even make a phone call to make sure the lights stay on for 15 minutes longer? Honestly, the lights went out, and it was like “well, I guess that’s that, let’s go home,” rather than “we’ve got Abby on the ropes and we could get important points here.” It was the same with the fog abandonment—they had no interest in even trying to finish the game. And based on stories I’ve heard, this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to their faux-pas’. As others have said, why would the club’ best youth players stay when this is the status-quo?

And now the match has been forfeit. As has the reverse fixture. They were supposed to happen back-to-back this weekend.

WestCoastLad

Sep 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
And now the match has been forfeit. As has the reverse fixture. They were supposed to happen back-to-back this weekend.
What an absolute JOKE of a club. Once the mighty Surrey United Firefighters - VMSL Contenders - turned Surrey United Fannies, who can't field a team for a game they begged to get replayed from their OWN light problem. What's worse is that they'll still get to go to provincials to represent the FVSL as one of the top teams. League has gone to shite. If AUSC got the chance to go straight to VMSL prem without having to play Div 1 for a year they would have been gone 2 years ago.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How’s Surrey United getting a provincial spot?
Top 4
Even if pak cup winner gets through surrey still won’t get a spot as they have games left and most likely will have problems.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How’s Surrey United getting a provincial spot?
Top 4
Even if pak cup winner gets through surrey still won’t get a spot as they have games left and most likely will have problems.

Traditionally Whitecaps decline their spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0