Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2023/2024 Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
joe pesci youths GIF

joe pesci youths GIF

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weekend Results

Langley 3-1 Vancity Pro
Ares 1-3 Caps U19
Abby 6-0 Khalsa
Tigers 4-0 Slurrey

Anyone know result for Micro / Columbus?

leftbackhome

Nov 24, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know what happened between Khalsa and Ares last night? Score shows “X - X” on FVSL website, and Ares’ award-winning YouTube stream cuts off after 20 mins. Lights? Fisticuffs? Team folded?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know what happened between Khalsa and Ares last night? Score shows “X - X” on FVSL website, and Ares’ award-winning YouTube stream cuts off after 20 mins. Lights? Fisticuffs? Team folded?

severe head injury to an Ares player.

leftbackhome

Nov 24, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
And for your pleasure, another pitiful chapter in the shambolic recent history of Surrey United’s Men’s Premier Team:

The Backstory:

Abbotsford United goes out to play Surrey United about a week ago at Cloverdale Athletic. Game gets about 20 minutes in and the fog becomes unbearable so it’s abandoned. Score at this point is 1-0 Abby and all signs are pointing to a blowout. But OK, fair enough, Mother Nature can be a witch sometimes. FVSL opts for a full replay. Abby’s not happy but it is what it is. It’s worth noting, that Surrey United Women played the entirety of their game—which kicked off at the same time on an adjacent field—after waiting 20 minutes for the fog to pass.

The Present Story:

Full replay is scheduled mid-week, 8:45 pm, at Cloverdale Athletic once again. Both teams show up ready to go and things look promising. Game gets to about 75 minutes and the score is 3-2 Abbotsford. Of course, that’s when the lights go out at the field. Evidently, the dorks at the helm of their squad only booked them until 10:15 pm (what a great display of math skills).

Now the FVSL (in their infinite wisdom) wants the last 15 minutes of the game played at the start of the return fixture in Abby on the last weekend of the league schedule. So just to be clear, both teams will be playing 105 minutes of football, at the business-end of the season, all after BC Soccer’s bizarre push last year to keep games short because of “player safety.”

Am I missing something here? Two kicks at the can (granted, the first one was a little out of their control) and they bottled it both times, and now Abby is having to pay for it.

To make matters worse, I even overheard some of the Surrey United brass on the sidelines grovelling about how embarrassed they are by their Men’s Premier Team. What a shame. A once great team beggared by complete and utter idiots.

Anyways, laugh for a bit if you can muster it. Here’s to Abby absolutely dummying them over those 105 minutes!!!

Last edited:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Men’s league is tough. It takes someone outside of the club “usually” to push it as a passion project.

It’s rare nowadays for kids to feel attached to their club after youth. Especially with the modern day BCSPL where kids change teams on a whim. Little Johnny isn’t starting or the coach is mean. Not to mention the club taking in players from other clubs constantly, happily pushing out the ones who have been there for 10 years and paying thousands. I don’t think many kids care about coming back and playing for their “club” in men’s.

I went and watched two Surrey United games and they had called up 3-4 youth players in one. To hear them on the sideline was nuts. 30 min in the game bitching to their parents, they call me up and aren’t even playing me this is a joke. One took off his gear at half and watched with his friends from outside the fence. The other bitched and talked shite for 60 min. Ran onto the field and said “watch this” with 30 left. Proceeded to do nothing.

I remember just being honoured to be called up and bust my ass for 20min. Then think how cool it was to be in the room and be handed a beer by a guy that seemed like my dad. Times are different and when you get a group that’s good and has their shite together enjoy it. Be thankful for the guys pushing to make it work and run.

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Men’s league is tough. It takes someone outside of the club “usually” to push it as a passion project.

It’s rare nowadays for kids to feel attached to their club after youth. Especially with the modern day BCSPL where kids change teams on a whim. Little Johnny isn’t starting or the coach is mean. Not to mention the club taking in players from other clubs constantly, happily pushing out the ones who have been there for 10 years and paying thousands. I don’t think many kids care about coming back and playing for their “club” in men’s.

I went and watched two Surrey United games and they had called up 3-4 youth players in one. To hear them on the sideline was nuts. 30 min in the game bitching to their parents, they call me up and aren’t even playing me this is a joke. One took off his gear at half and watched with his friends from outside the fence. The other bitched and talked shite for 60 min. Ran onto the field and said “watch this” with 30 left. Proceeded to do nothing.

I remember just being honoured to be called up and bust my ass for 20min. Then think how cool it was to be in the room and be handed a beer by a guy that seemed like my dad. Times are different and when you get a group that’s good and has their shite together enjoy it. Be thankful for the guys pushing to make it work and run.
If only Foden had been cloned…

Most clubs let the monkeys run the zoo…. Which is why we have entitled mofos thinkin they’re hot shite, when in reality, they’re heartless, marginally talented and have no concept of overcoming obstacles or adversity because mommy and daddy always fix it for them.

When was the last time you were wowed by a local player… the best ones get the fcuk out of Dodge because they don’t wanna play with or against guys who run their mouths rather than leg it out.

Actions always speak louder than words…. Well maybe not to this generation…

Damn I sound like my grandpa…. Lmao

leftbackhome

Nov 24, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tbf, in this one instance (the Abby v Surrey one) the players weren’t the problem. They managed to claw back from 3-0 down and bring it to 3-2, and had the lights not gone out, they had the momentum to maybe go on and get something out of it. Abby wasn’t their best, but Surrey seemed to be marginally better than they have been in months (errr, years). Whether the players they have now are Surrey products or not I don’t know; I know a few are Trinity players. But wherever they’re from, what chance have they got when their technical area can’t even make a phone call to make sure the lights stay on for 15 minutes longer? Honestly, the lights went out, and it was like “well, I guess that’s that, let’s go home,” rather than “we’ve got Abby on the ropes and we could get important points here.” It was the same with the fog abandonment—they had no interest in even trying to finish the game. And based on stories I’ve heard, this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to their faux-pas’. As others have said, why would the club’ best youth players stay when this is the status-quo?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0