Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - February 2005

Who has the worst kit in the FVSL Masters Division?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
H O S , is the avatar okay now! :rolleyes:

Avatar looks FANtastic Coach, as a fan, is there anyway that the Cup will be around this Friday night when I come out to see the BIG Slurrey United vs. Mighty Rangers Cup tilte at the NAP. I would love to pour one of my Pilsner Tallboys into the Cup for a drink or two. Well even if it is a home, I am looking forward to the Big Slurrey Darby, perhaps knvb will come out to see some of the footy and have a few bevvy's.

Coach, when will the Avatar have TWO Cups in it?

hos

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Avatar looks FANtastic Coach, as a fan, is there anyway that the Cup will be around this Friday night when I come out to see the BIG Slurrey United vs. Mighty Rangers Cup tilte at the NAP. I would love to pour one of my Pilsner Tallboys into the Cup for a drink or two. Well even if it is a home, I am looking forward to the Big Slurrey Darby, perhaps knvb will come out to see some of the footy and have a few bevvy's.

Coach, when will the Avatar have TWO Cups in it?

hos

Congratulations on your league title FireRangers! You guys are worthy.

Now do us all a favour and give your number 1 fan what he is looking for. :eek: Is it true HOS is chained naked to the benches in Changeroom 2 at NAP donning a pleather balaclava and a Gala apple in his mouth? I wish we had a groupie like him. HOS, if you want a change of scenery, Cloverdale Athletic Changeroom 1 has some nice benches, and we'll throw a "Pink Lady" apple to go with a real leather balaclava. We'll even turn on the heat. :cool:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU 3 - 0 PoCo

Nice day for soccer in beautiful POCO. McLean Park was the venue and it certainly seems to attract a rough crowd. Syringes strewn all over the entrance to the park. I couldn't resist. Took some home and analyzed them in my CSI lab. Preliminary results are positive in that no HIV or Hep virus strains found. However, high levels of estrogen were found, and initial DNA samples lead to a populus centered both at Newton Athletic Park (Changeroom 2) and Walnut Grove. Interesting.

The game itself was OK. We didn't play particulary well, but the goals were of the spectacular variety. Howeser hit one from 25-30 yards out that was literally a missile....top corner! Farquhar headed the first one in and Bey rocketed one in from the six yard box. All beauties, especially Howes'. We missed several hundred opportunities. Regs graced us with the swivel and some wise words for the referee. "Ref, tell me what I did wrong please!" "Tell me so I know and I don't do it again".

I played for a few minutes and I didn't feel too bad. I used some of Farquhar's horse liniment. Surprised it worked, the expiry date was April, 1946.

I don't know who we play next but Wednesday night training will be a showdown.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref was a knob and ruined what little fun could have come out of that game :rolleyes:

Case in point: Their left-back nutbar gets called for the upteenth foul he's committed and as the ref is finally pulling out a yellow for him, nutbar pulls a Rooney and let's loose at the top of his lungs "Oh, fcuk off!!". Right to his face. The ref? Cokcs his head to the side buts that's it. Nothing. :mad:

So I hear it is league games this weekend again. That's fantastic! Way to take advantage of the great weather for games that mean something...

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 4 Sapperton 0

PAU finally showed what we're capable of in a game against Sapperton. We buried 3 in the opening 20 minutes. Scored by a bunch of little, fast, skillful guys. After that it was cruise control, with everyone getting lots of minutes and/or rest (though we only had 14 players).

Sapperton had a player sent off with about 20 minutes left (frustration set in?), which certainly didn't help their cause. They had a couple of chances that JP set aside, but in all honesty, we coulda had a few more.

We showed that we are worthy "bridesmaids" and exposed Sappertons shortcomings - offensive firepower. You can't argue with their defensive record, but their lack of goalscoring is obviously the reason for their league position. I believe they're about a half a dozen players away from competing with the top 3. This isn't meant as a slag, though if it's interpreted that way, then fine.

I know we were missing the likes of Brown, Watkins, Moore, Miller, Schrak, Newton, Bellefontaine, Dutchy (?) :mad: , but kept on rolling. In my opinion, to be competitive at the top of the table, you need 18 quality players. Surrey Fire/Rangers can roll out 20 quality players, and Surrey United may not be as deep, but they are the Western Canadian champs, and ooze quality throughout their lineup. Sapperton can be competitive in most games, but lack the horses to challenge for the league title.

Can't wait for the Surrey United / Surrey Fire-Rangers tilt. Winner gets Sapperton, loser gets PAU. My prediction...too close to call. Hoping for a rough and tumble affair.

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, I know its Monday, so what! :D

Wish we could have put up a better score line but 5-1 was deserved on their part and the previous posts pretty much cover the game. Tommy Brown did a fine job in net as I limped on the sidelines hiding my beer under my jacket and yelling obscenities to anyone that would listen... :p
Congradulations to Rangers on winning the league, well deserved boys!...I popped over for a few Bevies and Pizza afterwards only to discover that they DON"T do Pizza all the time????? (and I didn't eat any dinner)..well, after a few pops I got over my dissapointment and had a good time hanging out and enjoyed the festivities...suddenly I looked around and I was the ONLY AllBlack in the room and the Rangers were starting to sing "We are the Champions"....:rolleyes: ...(wonder if ScUm did the same thing when they won the League?!?!) :D....I did notice a few ex-Firemen sitting in the corner yawning, :eek: old hat for these boys.......Anyways, this was my cue to slip away...tummy was grumbling and I had to do the unthinkable and go Rotton Ronnies for a burger....woke up the next morning with a headache AND a sore stomach... :mad:

Oh well, could have been worse....I't could have been Peace Arch... ;)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
twoleftfeet said:
suddenly I looked around and I was the ONLY AllBlack in the room and the Rangers were starting to sing "We are the Champions"....:rolleyes: ...(wonder if ScUm did the same thing when they won the League?!?!) :D....I did notice a few ex-Firemen sitting in the corner yawning, :eek: old hat for these boys.......

I think you know the answer to that question. Not once in the "many" times we won the league did we sing in chorus celebrating a league win or any Cup win for that matter. We like to have debates and discuss matters. One year we discussed the Green River Killings and possible suspects and clues. Another year, we discussed the new millenium and Nostradamus. Another year, we discussed the 9/11 disaster. Another year, we discussed vasectomies. Another year, we discussed feminisim and the impact on families and wives finding themselves. Another year, we really lived on the edge and discussed threesomes and wife swapping ( I lead that debate). Another year, we compared notes on various core strengthening techniques. Another year, we discussed private insurance in comparison to ICBC. Heated. Very Heated! Another year, we discussed Dave Cobb and Orca Bay and whether he would like to play with us. He is an SFU alumni you know. Another year we discussed the following year and whether we need to get some young blood. Another year we discussed whether we should introduce Fireball into the cooler. Another year.....................you get my drift. :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Regs it looks as if we play league games first, then get back on with the cup.
Question is, do we play Delta first or you boys since the Delta game was supposed to be first?

So PoCo it is!!!!!!! And another Friday night special.

Question- is a 10 am Sunday morning game better than a friday night tilt?
Really what do people prefer???????

I am not a fan of Sunday 10 am. The whole day is shot.
Game-Pints-Trouble!!!!!!!

Friday night games and the weekend is free!

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday Night Specials
I agree Coach, best night of the week, a game under the lights, bevies with your mates after and a full day with the family on Sunday. What could be better. It would be nice to see any Masters team that can find a lite field to sort it out for next season.
Sapperton could get Queen's Park, SU could get their turf, Aldergrove could play alternate Fridays at Neil McLoed, Delta has lights etc, etc.....

I know that turf is a little hard on the body, but next to a rough heavy grass field there's no comparison, I think the game is played so much better on turf than grass. What do you think? :)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although I like the fiday night.
I do like the nice grass fields better.
Don't get me wrong the turf is okay, but i will take a nicely groomed grass field any day.
Parkside and even South Surrey seem be bumpy fields where the ball is always hopping.
I know Mr Regs like the grass fields too, but still i will take the friday nights over the sunday 10 am shockers.

JMO.

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Great Turf Debate

Well, altho at first the Turf is hard on the body after a few outings the body does adjust...I think all the contact between all you fckukers is a tad bit worse than the Turf will ever be... :p I have to admit playing Friday nites was a bit of an adjustment but I am very used to it now and the time is definetly more user friendly for those of us with Families....I don't think you can ever replace a nice sunny day on a nice grass pitch for a game of footy but when was the last time you played on a NICE grass pitch??

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday Nights!

I'll put my two cents worth in here! Although, I do not mind playing on Friday night, I'm gonna stick with tradition on this one. I would perfer to play all our games on the grass, on Sunday Morning with the occassional Friday Night Special. Thus the term "Special"!

So in the spirit of The Saperton Lads - 5bt loves GRASS :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm a converted fri nighter. I still enjoy playing on a Sun afternoon, but I agree with coach that 10 am game+ pints = worlds colliding. Fri nights allow for a game and a few hours with your mates and then the weekend free for the family and other stuff...truly the best of both worlds! :D
(The turf doesn't seem to bother my two reconstructed knees...at least no potholes and divets..I like how it brings out my skill :rolleyes: )

from a former-once-again-someday-master
:)

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday nights are great ,but Friday at 9 pm at a feild with no showers is not so great. Game ends at 10:45 pm , change and a few pops and next thing you know it is midnight . Mind you the women at Gabby's always look a bit better after midnight :) !! Now if it was say 7 or 7:30 and they had showers well that would be perfect .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0