Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I figured the Lords picked up Picard so they would have someone who can really work the meat (on the bbq that is). Hell of a goalie too. Does van nesterman bring the mix? I'd PM you but it wouldn't help I'm just an observer.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would say:

1) Temple best all around minus their goalie who played against us.
2) South Surrey best going forward by far but a weak defence
3) both Langley teams are equal piles of manure just a slightly different smell. They tie for #3

When I watched South Surrey they had absolutely no midfield; ball went straight from their backline to the forwards. By far the best team in the air and dangerous from set pieces aside from that I have seen a lot better going forward from the other top teams, especially movement along the ground up front.

t united 99

Feb 3, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some big games in Div 1 this upcoming weekend:

1) All Blacks vs Peace Arch Rangers
2) PMSC Saints vs GEU Thunder
3) South Surrey vs SFC Caps
4) North Delta vs DFC Razorbacks

The top picks for Match of the week are:

1) Peace Arch vs LUFC Athletics
2) Temple United vs Poco
3) Surrey Heat vs Fraser Valley (Vegas odds have this one a draw)

A lot can change in the standings after next week. Should be interesting.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Temple / Poco tie would be nice. Please and thank you to all involved.

I’d like to think the smelly old Ballsacks will take care of the PA Rangers no problem, but as we’ve learned twice this season, the Rangers are a pain in the ass. No real system to speak of, a couple of stand-out players (one for sure in Joey the Hobbit), a very good keeper, and just a bunch of hard working muckers. They get stuck in, disrupt flow, and make things difficult.

Otherwise, the other big games deffinitely have top-of-table implications. Something tells me Temple is going to make life difficult for Poco, 8:00 Sunday night in Surrey. I'd say lock yer bikes, but you are coming from Poco, so you're used to it.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Heat vs Fraser Valley

A first overall pick is on the line. Will Surrey Heat get their first win - ever - in Masters footy? It's only been the better part of 2 years in the making.

Hard to imagine. Somewhere between 30 & 35 games and they've never won.

Not once.

Yikes.:eek:

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the Mission boys forfeited their game against Delta this weekend. What was happened out there this year. This was a team that went to the Cup final last year!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A first overall pick is on the line. Will Surrey Heat get their first win - ever - in Masters footy? It's only been the better part of 2 years in the making.

Hard to imagine. Somewhere between 30 & 35 games and they've never won.

Not once.

Yikes.:eek:

Maybe a case for a Masters Div. 2? I'm sure there will be even more old guys looking to get out of open play next year. What do we need as a minimum in div. 1 for a good table, 8? Ideally 10, but w/ 14 already, you could easily conceive there are at least 4 more teams looking to get in. That's a table of 8 right there, and room to accept new members into the lodge.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masters has been growing rapidly over the past couple of years - it's hard to imagine that will change. But if we stay at approx. 24 teams, why not 8 teams in 3 divisions?

If you look at premier, there's a huge disparity bewteen top teams and bottom teams. As good a season as the top teams in div. 1 are having, we would all likely be closer to the bottom than the top. So why not reduce it to 8 teams? What's wrong with that?

My divsions would break down like this:

Premier: Poco Castilians, White Rock, PA Dragons, South Delta, Delta United, North Delta A, PA United, div. 1 champ.
1st division: Abby Brickmen, Chilly-Mission, Poco Dominion, LUFC Athletics, All Blacks, PA FC, GEU Thunder, Temple, South Surrey (minus whichever team wins div. 1)
2nd division: Aldergrove (sorry, but 4 goals for all year? puhleeeeezzzzzeeee.....), SFC Caps, North Delta B, Pitt Meadows, Dewdney, PA Rangers, Surrey Heat, FV Athletics

Everyone gets a 17 game schedule (play every team twice and 3 teams 3 times). Each division has a competitive game nearly every week with this layout, and really, that's what is best at this stage of our playing lives, right?:knvb:

Comments?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd support that.

Aldergrove may disagree about being dropped down two spots, but they really do suck. How we bottled it against them last year I'll never fully comprehend.

BTW- I like your politically correct allignment in Premier & 1, you superstitious fcuk.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see where everyone is going with this, but as there has just been a split this year wouldn't it be a better solution to stick with the two divisions for another year but make it 2 divisions of 12?
I know there have been a lot of player movements and lots of things shaking out this year (including much easier challenges for certain teams - remember SFC Caps were clear leaders of Div 1 for 7-8 games), so my take would be to leave it for another year as the league has a better understanding now of a number of the newer team's capabilities.
It's never going to be perfect, but it sounds like a worse situation to go changing it again already.

t united 99

Feb 3, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree there should be 3 divisions in masters next year but the Premier should stay at 10. I think the top 3 teams (from div.1) would fair much better than the bottom 3 that are there right now. Div 1 should have 10 teams also. I would expect 2 to 4 more teams entering next year to fill up a third division. 6 teams in div.3 isn't the best, but i think for a year it would be fine.

brazil

Apr 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I GUESS IF THE ATHLETICS BROUGHT IN 25 YEAR OLDS THEY MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE AT BEATING OUR MASTERS PREMIER TEAM WHICH ARE ALL PRETTY WELL 50.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I GUESS IF THE ATHLETICS BROUGHT IN 25 YEAR OLDS THEY MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE AT BEATING OUR MASTERS PREMIER TEAM WHICH ARE ALL PRETTY WELL 50.

It took my little slag to get you out of the woodwork and post?

Whatever you say. I will say this: losing to you guys last year was one of the lowlights of my "career", ever, the lowest point in our season, and one of the most unbelievable acts of God I've ever witnessed. Keep in mind, I've seen a live volcano, I've watched guys surf down 45 foot waves and live to tell the tale, and I've seen Fat Monkey try to pick up chicks.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It took my little slag to get you out of the woodwork and post?

Whatever you say. I will say this: losing to you guys last year was one of the lowlights of my "career", ever, the lowest point in our season, and one of the most unbelievable acts of God I've ever witnessed. Keep in mind, I've seen a live volcano, I've watched guys surf down 45 foot waves and live to tell the tale, and I've seen Fat Monkey try to pick up chicks.

LOL!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree there should be 3 divisions in masters next year but the Premier should stay at 10. I think the top 3 teams (from div.1) would fair much better than the bottom 3 that are there right now. Div 1 should have 10 teams also. I would expect 2 to 4 more teams entering next year to fill up a third division. 6 teams in div.3 isn't the best, but i think for a year it would be fine.

If 4 more teams join, then I agree and my others points are MOOT.

Oh...and I hate you Dude.:p

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe there should be a non promotion league as the third division. For the boys that have been there and done, that and just want to get out and play some soccer and have a few pints with the lads. I know we have kicked the idea around with Whistle Blower, but as for there being a third division next year I don't see it happening as it was not stated at the beginning of the season that teams in the Second Division would get dropped. It should be interesting to see what happens next year with all the rumors flying around all ready!! Stay tuned for it all to play out

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Non-promotion has already been done, it's called over 40's. Check the rosters of most teams and I think you would find alot of players are over 40 but playing Masters instead of over 40's due to the fact they still want to be competitive, just not against guys young enough to be their kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0