Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results and Banter ~ Jan '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slider

Sep 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On an unrelated note, the McKinnons have signed with DMU and look to push past Celtic for the league lead
-FU bored give us our damn beer

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slider said:
On an unrelated note, the McKinnons have signed with DMU and look to push past Celtic for the league lead
-FU bored give us our damn beer

Good lord, there's TWO of them??? :eek:

~Shaven
:D

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No he isn't but that would fit well.

We have a Dad and his 2 boys playing, their uncle also plays.
A group of three brothers - the McKinnons
and the brothers St. Germain(2).
All we need is Anson Carter and George Laroque and we have a starting 11.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, Chris, Jay and his two boys, and Greg and Jeff? Wow. With the excection of Chris, Jay and his two boys, and Jeff, that's an all-star line-up! That said, haven't seen Greg in a number of years...

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
So, Chris, Jay and his two boys, and Greg and Jeff? Wow. With the excection of Chris, Jay and his two boys, and Jeff, that's an all-star line-up! That said, haven't seen Greg in a number of years...

No, Guru, his 2 boys and Uncle Snowman.
Jay, Wes and Nick Mckinnon

Yes, Greg and Jeff although Greg hasn't played all that many games but I think he'll be in the line-up this Saturday for what may be the final mean-something-Celtic-League game of the year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wes, right. I guess the Old Man is named Chris, right?

Uncie Snowman, now there's a role model.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They all like beer and they are all vegie-tarians.
He is someone to aspire to, the favorite Uncie in fact (and there are 16 uncles too)

#7player

Sep 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
They all like beer and they are all vegie-tarians.
He is someone to aspire to, the favorite Uncie in fact (and there are 16 uncles too)

sounds to me like someone may have a little crush on someone......how cute

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember a Burnaby Summer League game, way back, like 1995 when I was playing with you guys on the "French Quarter Pub" team, and Old Man McKinnon suited up with the boys. "Mr. McKinnon, Square!" "Mr. McKinnon, man on!"

He used to coach us back in the Cape Horn plastic maroon no-breath jersey days.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr McKinnon coached me for a long time, he's definately a class act. I can't believe he still watches his sons play.

My dad says I'm too shitty to waste his time to go and see. :( *sob* (insert piss-take here)

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Christ get Celtic out of here. Off to Div 1 with you.
QUOTE]

Wishful thinking. Rumour has it they are staying in Div. 2 for the duration of their careers'. They are beyond a doubt the best team in all of division 2. Half the time they are not even fielding a full line-up and their coach doesn't play to win (everyone plays equal time). I am sure they would be one of the better teams in Div. 1 as it isn't that strong.

JTL

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting JTL while I do agree Celtic are an excellent team, and I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to stay in div 2. Your claim they they are the best team in Div 2 is a bit of a stretch.

At the begining of the season Celtic was talking about absolutely walking away with 2c. Domination? Hardly. 6 or 7 1 goal victories, and while the WEEK 15 win against Delta puts them in the drivers seat, I'll bet not one player on Celtic are looking past a skilled Arsernal team.

I don't mind them in 2c, played with half thier team at one time or another, and when Guru doesn't think I'm the devil incarnate i get along with them quite well.

I'm just not going to bet them any more ****in beer.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL,

What's the deal with the Tigers/Coachmen match from week two? I keep hearing that the decision was overturned because some guys played with reds, and we are supposed to get the points, but don't see it happening. Is this what you have heard or has nothing been decided.

MOTW = Tigers vs. Poco in 2B. There is still a shot at the top for both teams. Then next week we've got Aldergrove. Two huge games in a row for us.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW two big games in a row for the mighty Tigers of GEU....is that why you guys get five guys out to practise??? whats going on with the Wolfs?? I heard a rumour that they are folding after this year, and same with two more GEU teams Titans and Div3 Bulls??? any of this true? and with the crusaders coming down to Div2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0