Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2: Results and Banter Feb. '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 2-1 LUFC

A competitive, back and forth match today but a well deserved win for the Lions. Next week vs. DFC and then a wait to see if ER can run the table and take the title...looking forward to a competitive match with the Celtic!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
I'll explain this one just for you, my dear Frodo...no more comments about mothers. That goes for all of you...I've blown that offside before, and am not tolerant of that at all now.

~Shaven
shaven said:
....after the 'love fest' that this post is originally for Blaz (who let his Mom on this site???) I thought it fair ball ;) .

~Shaven
Blahzay said:
Actually Shaven that wasn't my mom it was yours, I had to show her how big, skillfull and fast I am last night :eek: and with such an ugly mug as hers you better believe I was fast :eek: :eek:

Shaven:
Both post #182 by Shaven, & post #192 by Blahzay are posts about moms... what's the deal here...double standard? When I read the first one by you, I was quite surprised to hear you making reference on this topic.... but even more surprised to hear you coming down on Frodo a few posts later for the same thing.

By the way, where is the scores for the weekends cup games... any updates on that yet?

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All scores have been posted on the FVSL site under Schedules/Current Weeks Results. Do you need a link or do you think you could find that on your own?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
All scores have been posted on the FVSL site under Schedules/Current Weeks Results. Do you need a link or do you think you could find that on your own?

Uhhhhh... I think I need a link to it :rolleyes:

... that was sarcasm by the way... I was actually trying to find the game winners over the weekend in the Cup schedule.... I was hoping to find who plays who next. I thought there may be a TTP updated schedule, because the FVSL website hasn't been updated yet. It's a pain trying to go back and forth matching up the winners with the "Game #'s".

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
Next weeks schedule hasnt been updated yet but you can see who won their games over the weekend. Here is the link to that. Sorry about the sarcasim as I thought everyone knew where to find the info.

http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/master_schedules/WeeksResults.htm
Nope.... no problem about the sarcasm, I was giving it right back when I said I needed a link to it... I alrady know about that link, I thought someone had posted last week about TTP having thier own thread with a more up to date cup round match up. One that would have the match-ups for next round already. As I said, the FVSL isn't updated, and it's a hassle trying to figure who plays who next, by just looking at the scores.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just looked to see whalley lost to delta metro. Is their any team in that division that can win consistently. All I know is if anybody comes out of that division to make div 1 they are going to get relegated the very next year. If team can't bring their best consistently then their is no hope in div 1. if the hurricanes play whalley with a full team it will be a serious blow out.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru,

Check in the premium members only forums, there are links to the pool standings that are as up to date as I can make out.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive
I don't understand this annalogy... This group is very competitive. The two teams you mentioned are very even in the standings, it wasn't like Whalley lost to a crap team.

Is this the same Hurricanes who went to PKs with a Div 3 team on the weekend? Not to mention The Titans going to PK's against the lowly group C Wolves!
Hurricanes Vs Whalley in the next cup round... I think the Hurricanes have reason to be nervous!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Guru,

Check in the premium members only forums, there are links to the pool standings that are as up to date as I can make out.
Thanks Lemur..... I mean Regs :rolleyes:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru, once again as it has been mentioned numerous times the hurricanes were missing 7 starters. i don't think too many teams can win with 7 missing starters and they are lucky they played one of the worst teams in all of fvsl mens. The ND titans are not the best team around by any stretch, not the most talented by any means, they make none stop subs. if their coach didn't care so much about everybody getting even time I think their team would be alot better. Personally I have decided div 2 a is not that strong, I think their are some decent teams, Eagleridge, titans, royals?, but we should beat these teams every single time we play. however I am sure 2 of the final 4 will be form 2a. I also think div 2c is suspect the lions at the top of the table give me a break.. Their team is very average. I have never seen the hades play so i will not comment, and from what I hear whalley is very different then in years past. I hope port moody wins the division just so I can prove how much better we are then them.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive
I never read anything about the missing players...
I think the misconception here is that it wouldn't matter which group the Hurricanes were in, they would be top (A, B or C)... and although they're not right now in thier own group, they "should" end up there. The team on top right now is Poco, and you walloped them. I still think Group C is a tougher group to be in, and if it didn't have the parody it has, either the Lions or Hades would be way out front now. They aren't because the other teams can rise to that level, and have done many times. No question the Canes should win the cup, but over the past year there has been alot of bashing of group C, and I think the cup round has shown we're just as good as the rest.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco is a tough team to maintain discipline against. By far the dirtiest team we have played all year. You really gotta hold in some anger to avoid taking redcards against them. It's cuz of our Cup game against them 2 weeks ago that we were without so many injured starters for our Cup game yesterday...

curious said:
clones 1 poco 3
ugly game today at poco .wing ma was the ref. wow is all i can say down to ten men in the 30 min mark and a struggle from there .poco finished we didn't
full marks to poco for the win

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be honest i believe it is whalley that has reason to be nervous. In our last two meetings against their club the combined score has been 10-2 for us. Now i am not saying we will blow them out next weekend as they have a stronger squad this year, but so do we, hence making it an interesting match. I am hoping that all our guys from injury will be back for that game as we will need them. I am positive that atleast two will be returning to practice this week.

guru said:
bulljive
I don't understand this annalogy... This group is very competitive. The two teams you mentioned are very even in the standings, it wasn't like Whalley lost to a crap team.

Is this the same Hurricanes who went to PKs with a Div 3 team on the weekend? Not to mention The Titans going to PK's against the lowly group C Wolves!
Hurricanes Vs Whalley in the next cup round... I think the Hurricanes have reason to be nervous!

makaveli

Feb 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
Poco is a tough team to maintain discipline against. By far the dirtiest team we have played all year. You really gotta hold in some anger to avoid taking redcards against them. It's cuz of our Cup game against them 2 weeks ago that we were without so many injured starters for our Cup game yesterday...

You think PoCO is a tough team to maintain discipline against? A little one sided statement i believe. And as far as blaming PoCo for not having your starters two weeks later, its not like you were being beaten up in that game, to not be able to play two weeks lateer, please!! Maybe it's cuz all the teenage select players couldn't make it out to the game because of their minor soccer game. We all have games where we are short some players, like our friday night game with you, but thats life. But oh well, good luck in the rest of the cup!

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about we arrange a rematch then if you guys feel so confident with all your players. Anytime after we finish winning the league is good for us, i know you guys dont have much to play for right now but we still have a lot going for us and will be free to play in about april. With our full team going up against your full team i would honestly predict a 12-0 victory.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
How about we arrange a rematch then if you guys feel so confident with all your players. Anytime after we finish winning the league is good for us, i know you guys dont have much to play for right now but we still have a lot going for us and will be free to play in about april. With our full team going up against your full team i would honestly predict a 12-0 victory.

I know you don't really believe that but whatever...you talk so much sh*t but in reality I'm sure you are just a bag of cokcs. just so you can whack!!

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
How else would you explain the studs up tackle from behind with the ball already out of bounds, that took out our starting sweeper? How else would you explain the play on a free kick with the ball on the other side when your big burly defenseman, with a culdisac on his head, took out our starting centre midfielder with a cheap shot away from the play? As for playing without starters, we are not making excuses. We said off the bat that our game against the Minors would be close cuz we were missing 7 starters. The guys we had gave it all they had and we pulled it out. We only brought it up again to reply to the comments about how bad we seemingly suck. Tell us we suck if you can beat us is all we ask. No matter who we are missing we will find ways to win from here on in as we have no intentions of slipping down the stretch. But please, someone try to beat us before telling us how bad we suck!

makaveli said:
You think PoCO is a tough team to maintain discipline against? A little one sided statement i believe. And as far as blaming PoCo for not having your starters two weeks later, its not like you were being beaten up in that game, to not be able to play two weeks lateer, please!!

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricandycane, if you guys talk as much smack and are so high and mighty on the field as you are here it's a no wonder you guys got a kick around by poco or any other team. Modesty is sometimes the best medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0