Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and banter - DEC. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
It's really unfortunate that all these teams can't be in the same group with the top 2 or 3 moving up. Then we would know who is really valid to talk sh*t. Although I think maybe I would rank the bear cats a bit higher get rid of PM lions. being that I have not seen the teams from C play I can't really say if their rankings should be a bit lower or higher but it seems pretty good. Although I would put DFC "giant killers" in the group just so we could rip them apart. I don't really feel the cup will give a real indication of the strongest group because its single knock out and whoever gets hot and a bit lucky from any group could win it.

Absolutely right, Re: the cup rounds. Its a real shame that they wont show difinatively that we could kick all your arses. :knvb:
we'll have to wait till next year to show our stuff.

B

Blahzay

Soccer Mom said:
interesting, i don't really care for this type of stuff, and i know the royals haven't been playing so well our last 5 games and our GF/GA isn't that spectacular either, but don't we get a little more respect? i mean come on blahzay, we did beat you guys on your turf...guess we'll have to see what happens in two weeks.
The reason why I ranked the Royals 10th is because you guys lost to ERU and the ND Titans, both of whom have looked good lately, I also took into account that #19 is done and I thought he was your best defender. Yes the Royals beat us 2-1, not to make excuses cause you deserved the win, but we were missing 5 starters that game and I puked in the forest before kick off, yeah, that's right, I was hangin out with G-Fizzel and the boys the night before. :rolleyes: I do believe that NDFC's next 2 games are the most important of our season and our game should be competitive. By the way, how is your pitch?

PS. Gumby, DFC Celtic could make an argument for HM. but your record against the lower teams is too suspect.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
The reason why I ranked the Royals 10th is because you guys lost to ERU and the ND Titans, both of whom have looked good lately, I also took into account that #19 is done and I thought he was your best defender. Yes the Royals beat us 2-1, not to make excuses cause you deserved the win, but we were missing 5 starters that game and I puked in the forest before kick off, yeah, that's right, I was hangin out with G-Fizzel and the boys the night before. :rolleyes: I do believe that NDFC's next 2 games are the most important of our season and our game should be competitive. By the way, how is your pitch?

PS. Gumby, DFC Celtic could make an argument for HM. but your record against the lower teams is too suspect.

fair enough. the score in the ERU game didn't really show how close it was, the royals weren't dominant, but definatly dictated the play most of the game, ERU scored 2 quick ones in the last 10 mins. ah well, royals need to start producing goals as a team, it's not just the offence or the defense.

and yeah, #19 was definatly a presence on the field and we've missed him a bit, but we're trying to make due. his replacement is a solid player, doesn't have the same presence but he can get the job done.

our field is fine, maybe shaven can back me up? it's nothing spectacular but nothing to complain about, except the corners, the corners are the worst corners i've ever seen, in that one yard you have to take corner kicks are total pot holes, it's harsh.

by the way, i got word tonight i'm being moved back to left D. it's time to change things, one last time :p

gumby

Aug 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:

Well I'll give you that...BUT I must add(in our defence) that we've had many a pk against us to ruin what would be a stellar goals against average. And we could kick the shite out of your top ten teams(or defend them into submission :D ).

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Say what you want but if our teams ever played each other we'de shitkick you. It wouldnt even be a game, in fact i think the ref would intervene and just shut down the game at half fearing you guys might fall into depression. Who do you play for anyways?
Scoop Dawg said:
After reading many of the Hurricanes posts I discovered that they always seem to
want to play for flats of beer and I came to the conclusion that they cannot purchase
the beer themselves as they have yet to turn the legal age. I stress that no one
take them up on this lame attempt at bootlegging because we do not want to corrupt
todays youth as they are future.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those are fairly correct, except for the top spot which should be held by us. But then again if you wouldnt have put your team up there, that would be pretty sad on your part. So those are pretty accurate power rankings (except for the top spot ;) )
Blahzay said:
Below are the rankings of whom I believe is the top ten teams in all of Division Two. It is based on points, GF/GA, record in last 5 games, division difficulty and TTP banter or basically just whatever I think;

1. North Delta FC (2A)
2. Surrey Hurricanes (2B)
3. Poco City United (2B)
4. LUFC Clones (2B)
5. North Delta Titans (2A)
6. Whalley United (2C)
7. Eagle Ridge United (2A)
8. Eagle Ridge Hades (2C)
9. LUFC Dynamo (2C)
10. Tsawwassen Royals (2A)
HM. Columbia Bearcats (2B), Port Moody Lions (2C)

Feel free to either agree or rip it apart.

B

Blahzay

gumby said:
And we could kick the shite out of your top ten teams(or defend them into submission :D ).
Let me just put it this way. How much better were the Hurricanes and Titans over the Celtic last year, and as good as they are, they aren't dominating Div 2A&B while the lower teams in 2C (who are among the worst in the FVSL league) are beating your team. Believe me when I say NDFC would run your U19 silver team into the ground!

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane players: I'll talk to the guys on sunday at our game and let you know soon after what they think about playing for flats. how many did you have in mind? 2? 3? 4?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
our field is fine, maybe shaven can back me up? it's nothing spectacular but nothing to complain about, except the corners, the corners are the worst corners i've ever seen, in that one yard you have to take corner kicks are total pot holes, it's harsh.

Agreed, the corners are shite, but they've been that way since the summer...If the heavy rains come before Sunday, the east goal mouth will become a mud pit, but if the rains hold off the pitch should be decent. A lot of leaves make the south side of the pitch a bit slick when wet, but all in all South Park ranks about average in terms of pitch decency; not bad, not great, but decently playable under average conditions. Should be fine for this Sunday.

~Shaven

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stal18 said:
P.S. The Legand likes men

C'mon! At least spell my nickname right! But A for effort....Giorgio always comes out to play...it's just he gets injured 10 mins into the game :rolleyes:

Cya sunday Stal18 :wa:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
Below are the rankings of whom I believe is the top ten teams in all of Division Two.

It's your opinion, ripping it apart would be pointless. I am disapointed however with the zero respect given to 2C teams.... and not just by yourself. Thanks for taking the time to prepare such a list however, as I don't know enough teams to form an opinion.

I am prepared to wager regarding teams from 2A 2B and 2C and their performance in the upcoming Cup. I am sure some of my 2C group "friends" might agree with me. We are a strong team that came from a competative division, if we are truly worse than 8 teams in division two then the FVSL REALLY should turf the Cat program cause it sucks. I don't think we are the best team in 2C, (PM Lions, Whalley and Eagleridge are all strong teams), we are reasonable contenders and we have not performed even closely to our ability on a week after week basis.

The Clones know us pretty well, so I will ask Curious... Where do you think we fit in that Top 10? AND... would you play us with confidence knowing you'd win?

Anyhow thanks for the post.

PS: Once the Cup Draws are released I will post a Poll for 2A,B, and C....
PPS: Regs is there any wagering opportunities this year re: tokens and the cups or do you need to me a premium member?

PPPS: You wankers without membership.. Get sorted out.I want your tokens.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
It's your opinion, ripping it apart would be pointless. I am disapointed however with the zero respect given to 2C teams.... and not just by yourself. Thanks for taking the time to prepare such a list however, as I don't know enough teams to form an opinion.

The Clones know us pretty well, so I will ask Curious... Where do you think we fit in that Top 10? AND... would you play us with confidence knowing you'd win?

thanks sub i shoudnt answer but i will . spot 1 & 2 are correct canes ,ndfc toss up who's best spots 2 through 10 are very competitive and on any given day can beat one another. lufc vs lufc we stop trevor and kevin we win thats my answer :D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks sub i shoudnt answer but i will . spot 1 & 2 are correct canes ,ndfc toss up who's best spots 2 through 10 are very competitive and on any given day can beat one another. lufc vs lufc we stop trevor and kevin we win thats my answer :D

Like I said, I don't know enough teams in the other groups after only one season here to have an opinion. I wanted your opinion.....since youve been around for a short while ;) Its good to know who's top though....

You play outside Half correct? I will make sure you get a chance to try and shut down either one of those two blokes... and I know Rick would like to play you as well.... Just don't hurt him.

PS: Don't forget the AGM on Monday!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats the latest report on Eagle ridge united there latest results are impressive. We have to play them at sands unfortunatly, we tryed to get the turf but nobody in team management ever gets things accomplished(uncle Buck) fukcin wanker. Its like div 2 soccer isn't the most important thing in your life.... I think on turf we would have beat them no question but playing on a mud hole field really changes the game. However we will prevail 2-0.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Whats the latest report on Eagle ridge united there latest results are impressive. We have to play them at sands unfortunatly, we tryed to get the turf but nobody in team management ever gets things accomplished(uncle Buck) fukcin wanker. Its like div 2 soccer isn't the most important thing in your life.... I think on turf we would have beat them no question but playing on a mud hole field really changes the game. However we will prevail 2-0.

i don't see NDFC having any difficulty with ERU bulljive. they aren't bad, they're a big team for the most part, two quick, skillful and young strikers. like i said earlier, the royals dictated the play for most of the game, and they just got two quick goals in the last 10 minutes. must've been the long ass drive out there then driving half way up a frickin mountain :rolleyes: i'll say NDFC 4 - ERU 1

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:

jive, tell your D to watch #10, one of ER's strikers. As Mom said, they are dangerous, and #10's first touch is deadly to go along with a cracker shot. The reason they are where they are in the table is largely due to their ability to score on the few quality opportunities they get in any match. They beat us a couple of weeks ago doing just that, even though we outplayed them (again! :rolleyes: ). A word of caution...do not give a foul for a free kick anywhere around the 18 within about 25 yards of goal. I assure you that it will end up in the back of your net. Their strikers will place those all day...did it to us twice, with unreal finish. #10 again, surprise surprise. NDFC should prevail, but mind yourselves defensively. You'll have to be better than you were against us last week, or ER will make you pay on the scoresheet as we could not. hoodrat is your keeps, is he not?

~Shaven

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
jive, tell your D to watch #10, one of ER's strikers. As Mom said, they are dangerous, and #10's first touch is deadly to go along with a cracker shot. The reason they are where they are in the table is largely due to their ability to score on the few quality opportunities they get in any match. They beat us a couple of weeks ago doing just that, even though we outplayed them (again! :rolleyes: ). A word of caution...do not give a foul for a free kick anywhere around the 18 within about 25 yards of goal. I assure you that it will end up in the back of your net. Their strikers will place those all day...did it to us twice, with unreal finish. #10 again, surprise surprise. NDFC should prevail, but mind yourselves defensively. You'll have to be better than you were against us last week, or ER will make you pay on the scoresheet as we could not. hoodrat is your keeps, is he not?

~Shaven

hey hey, shaven, quiet down now. i thought the rest of the teams in 2A want NDFC to lose as they are in the drivers seat right now. don't be givin too much information about anyone, at least not to NDFC :p

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:

Shaven said it, just play their strikers tight, and if you have to foul, do it far out from goal. Their defence is where you can get them but if I remember correctly, their goalie was very strong. It will take a good shot to beat him. Good Luck

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
Those are fairly correct, except for the top spot which should be held by us. But then again if you wouldnt have put your team up there, that would be pretty sad on your part. So those are pretty accurate power rankings (except for the top spot ;) )

hey i understand where your comming from as on your list your #1 and we may be number #2..and thats fine cause i think if we were to play each other it would be a hell of a game a lot better than last year as we were sh*t that day..but let it be known if we ever meet the hurricanes the fight for top spot in the div would be decided....out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0