Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 1-1 Milan

Meaningless game in the long term effect of things. However we got screwed out of 3 points in the worst way I've ever seen.

We dominated the game from start to finish, we just lacked on that final ball, and 1-0 was a little unfair on us but I guess we need to take better care in the final 3rd.
The game ended 1-1 with them scoring the most frustrating goal I've ever seen. Corner for them cleared out, one of our guys came together with their guys, foul given our way. Wrongly given our way I'll admit that though. Then after we had gotten all of our players up, including keeper to take the free kick, and as we're about ready to launch the ball forward he changes his mind without properly letting anyone know. Their player then knocks the ball into basically an open goal, ref gives the goal, and then blows the final whistle.

Worst part is the ref tells us sorry I made a mistake, 10 seconds after calling the game. Gutted, and frustrated that we can't get that elusive home win.

Damn I hope you report the ref

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 4 - 1 PMO Titans

Good hard fought game from both sides. Although we definitely deserved all of our chances I feel the game was closer than the scoreline indicates. Dynamo went up around the 35min and PMO quickly equalized with a great diving header off a corner. 1-1 at half. We got stronger as the game went on and had plenty of fresh legs to keep the pressure up, I think PMO only had two subs and it probably started to get to them in the final 30min. We were up 2-1 and our D mistimed a long ball and their striker made a beauty turn and was in on a break from 30yrds out. Our (backup) keeper made a huge save and got to the rebound to keep the lead. TSN turning point. We got a couple more and the game finished up 4-1.

One day to ice the knees and then back at against Mission Tuesday.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2-0 Mission

Closer game than he first time we played them I feel, even though the goal difference was the same. First half was quite open with both teams getting chances, unfortunately they took one of theirs while we didn't.
Second half started out the same but as the game went on they started to dominate more so, and were deserving off the 3 points I would say.

Thanks to the firefighter on their team for helping with the concussion our guy suffered, he's at the hospital, and hopefully should be okay.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2-0 Mission

Closer game than he first time we played them I feel, even though the goal difference was the same. First half was quite open with both teams getting chances, unfortunately they took one of theirs while we didn't.

If our keep didn't get his finger tips on your breakaway it may have been a very different game. Enjoyed the game, class group. Hope your player is alright, it was quite the clash of heads.

BigBadRedBull16

Jan 31, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, 3 Unmarked guys CLEARLY offside of a ball played into the 18 after a block from Red Bulls Defender on top of the 18. even the shooter was shocked and took advantage of the chance putting it low. play the whistle i guess is the lesson to be learned.

tie goal came with about 2-3 minutes left. red bulls should've finished the multiple chance they had. game would've been put away. SAME Gutted feeling Mission had on their missed call. a tie like that hurts more then an outright lose.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tim, what happened in the Knights/Sparta game? Wasn't there. Was it like the last game, just a classic battle with missed chances on both sides?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission (1-0?) Surrey

No communication throughout the week from them.
Received this text message, after texting to say the changing rooms were open.

Talked to Thomas who said he had heard nothing from them. Referee also showed up, so I guess that's 6 points for us. Lucky for us as we were missing key guys, but I'm confused as to why they didn't contact me earlier in the week to say they needed to reschedule?

Attachments

• IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0