Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 9

Celtic vs Dynamo
Surrey Utd vs Sparta
Milan
vs FV
TWU vs Knights
Royals
vs Red Bulls
Pomo vs Mission TIE

Celtic vs Dynamo : Always good games between these two squads over the years, should be a good battle again on Saturday, with Celtic seeming to get their numbers and grove back. Weather may suck but the beers will cold.

Sparta to roll over Surrey Utd. 3-0

Milan to take out the struggling FV 2-1 heard the commitment levels at FV are causing the struggle. If these get their numbers, they can compete with anyone.

Knights coming of their first loss of the season will get back on track with a 2-0 win over TWU

Royals continue their winning ways and possible run to promotion by taking out the red bulls wings 3-0

Pomo and Mission will be a defensive affair finishing in a 1-1 draw.

Random game reports to follow.

Celtic vs Dynamo - 0-3 Even though Celtic picked up their first points I still feel Dynamo might be a little too strong.

Su vs Sparta - 1-3 Sparta come back from behind to win.

Milan vs FVRD - 0-2 FVRD start getting wins.

TWU vs Knights - 0-1 Trinity are an underrated squad, but I feel they're a little too young to deal with the Knights big boys.

Royals vs Redbulls - 2-0 Redbulls aren't a bad side but they seem to be struggling to find the net recently, 0 goals in their last 4 games, and this week doesn't get any easier against the best GA in the league.

Pomo vs Mission - hoping to have guys back this week but looking unlikely against another tough opponent.

Last edited:

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 1 Dynamo 2

I read the long winded drivel written by the Langley guys about the game . I decided to let it go , keep quiet , and put the game behind us .

Well today that changed . I actually can't believe what I'm about to write as in all my years , all the passion, the blood, the broken bones I've seen and been apart of during the heat of the game on the field - not once did any player go to the police after a game and press charges .

Dynamo coach captain and long term players, I actually have given you more credit than you deserved . I enjoyed our battles with you guys over the years as our game were always so clean and tight 1-1 ,2-1 , 1-0 , 2-2 ect .

I really don't know how you can explain your players behavior . He represents your team . To go to the rcmp after the game for a play where he got a red and cheaper our guy then got tossed . If you start a fight and get koed you take that ko and learn from it .

I don't think your guy belongs in organized team sports if the mildest of altercations leads to her running to the cops .

Sad day for the Langley Dynamo as you will never wash your hands of this .

What happens on the field stays on the field .

Good luck to you the rest of the season Dynamo , looking forward to playing you again.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 1 Dynamo 2

. If you start a fight and get koed you take that ko and learn from it .
200.gif

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I have been on the wrong end of horror tackles, seen several guys break their legs or ankles. Seen guys throw punches and benches clear. I've had several trips to the hospital for stiches from either hard or dirty tackles. I've gotten in guys faces and given out a fare share of heated shoves.
For example, after getting a flying elbow to the face one game and cutting my entire forehead open, my whole face covered in blood, I grabbed the guy, threw him to the ground and gave him a boot in the back. I wanted to punch the guy's face in but I did not because A. I did not want a huge suspension and B. When you cross that line you never know what can happen.

Did our guy go in hard, dirty on his tackle? Yes. Did he deserve to get punched in the face or, as he did, get slammed head first into the ground? Maybe.

But our guy 100% DID not try to fight your guy!

If one guy tackles another guy with a dirty tackle and the other guy does a dirty tackle both guys get reds and are sent off. Or instead, they look at each say "ok you want to fight" the other guy says, "sure" . They fight, both get reds and are suspended.

However, here in lies the issue, our guy did not start a fight with your guy, he did a shite tackle and then he and your guy started to chirp and your guy hip tosses head first into the turf.
Both guys get red and are sent off.
So......your guy crossed that line and initiated a physical confrontation. However, the danger when crossing that line is you run the risk of someone getting seriously hurt. Our guy went to the hospital with a serious concussion and told us afterwards he wanted to file a police complaint.

He did NOT press charges.....

To be honest, at first, I did not agree filing a police statement. But as I thought about it, I thought yeah, I would want an official record of this event in case something were to happen as a result of this head injury.
I was in a car accident with a relative, hit by a drunk driver. Both of us got a concussion, his was much worse. To my surprise, a couple days later he died from bleeding on his brain.

We play rec beer league soccer. Most of us have families and are out just to compete and drink with friends after. I am guilty at times of loosing my cool. But in light of this incident, it has me questioning is it worth it to even play? I mean fcuk, what if some guy horror tackles me, I react and I slam him and he breaks his back or something and is off work for a year. Damn rights that dude is pressing charges.

All you guys liking posts and commenting, think about it.

Rangersgers

Sep 12, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I have been on the wrong end of horror tackles, seen several guys break their legs or ankles. Seen guys throw punches and benches clear. I've had several trips to the hospital for stiches from either hard or dirty tackles. I've gotten in guys faces and given out a fare share of heated shoves.
For example, after getting a flying elbow to the face one game and cutting my entire forehead open, my whole face covered in blood, I grabbed the guy, threw him to the ground and gave him a boot in the back. I wanted to punch the guy's face in but I did not because A. I did not want a huge suspension and B. When you cross that line you never know what can happen.

Did our guy go in hard, dirty on his tackle? Yes. Did he deserve to get punched in the face or, as he did, get slammed head first into the ground? Maybe.

If one guy tackles another guy with a dirty tackle and the other guy does a dirty tackle both guys get reds and are sent off. Or instead, they look at each say "ok you want to fight" the other guy says, "sure" . They fight, both get reds and are suspended.

However, here in lies the issue, our guy did not start a fight with your guy, he did a shite tackle and then he and your guy started to chirp and your guy hip tosses head first into the turf.
So......your guy crossed that line and initiated a physical confrontation. However, the danger when crossing that line is you run the risk of someone getting seriously hurt. Our guy went to the hospital with a serious concussion and told us afterwards he wanted to file a police complaint.

To be honest, at first, I did not agree filing a police statement. But as I thought about it, I thought yeah, I would want an official record of this event in case something were to happen as a result of this head injury.
I was in a car accident with a relative, hit by a drunk driver. Both of us got a concussion, his was much worse. To my surprise, a couple days later he died from bleeding on his brain.

We play rec beer league soccer. Most of us have families and are out just to compete and drink with friends after. I am guilty at times of loosing my cool. But in light of this incident, it has me questioning is it worth it to even play? I mean fcuk, what if some guy horror tackles me, I react and I slam him and he breaks his back or something and is off work for a year. Damn rights that dude is pressing charges.

If someone on my team called the police for that; they probably wouldn't be on the team for long. That's so weak, I'm not even from this div.

clubbin

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I play on the Knights and I was standing right beside the incident. I watched those two guys chirping at each other right before your guy next play makes a 5 yard sprint with a elbow to the face of our guy not even looking in his direction. After watching that and hearing that little tough guy called the RCMP just makes me shake my head. Leave the bullsh*t on the field and have a beer after, not stick your tongue out after a scuffle and run to your bench and call the cops. Just a joke

clubbin

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I play on the Knights and I was standing right beside the incident. I watched those two guys chirping at each other right before your guy next play makes a 5 yard sprint with a elbow to the face of our guy not even looking in his direction. After watching that and hearing that little tough guy called the RCMP just makes me shake my head. Leave the bullsh*t on the field and have a beer after, not stick your tongue out after a scuffle and run to your bench and call the cops. Just a joke

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome back @Jock.

On another note. IMO it seems like two wrongs don't make a right here and I'm going to say that I'm sure the Knights player didn't go into this intending to concuss anyone. Regardless of team or player, if you're going to go into a reckless challenge the chances of a response are pretty high in any sport, especially involving grown men. We've all played against each other for a long time and I can say pretty confidently that 99% of us, don't go into anything to hurt anyone. If you do, go fcuk yourself and stop playing sports. In this case it seems like a men's league scuffle, which isn't out of the ordinary and the Dynamo player got an unlucky injury (I hope he's ok) I can see if a player ran half way across a field to two foot someone knee high and breaking legs, that may cause for larger measures to be taken. This is just a unfortunate turn of events. So why don't we all realize that we have families and jobs to go to during the week and keep the bullshit on TTP.

Also I'm not sure how but I'm sure the Royals had a hand in all of this somehow.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
R-Tee with another long bullshit post typed with a tampon . You and your team clearly stand by your little lady rat who went to the fukcing RCMP after the game . I still can't believe that .

Just this past summer my striker was punch in the face going up for a header ...... koed blood everywhere ambulance fire truck 15 grand in dental - not fukcing once did the coward idea of getting the police involved come into any single guys head on my team .

There was a brief bit of hope that maybe you picked up a guy and he went rogue and tried to press charges without your team knowing , but your vasectomy of a post proved otherwise R-Tee.

Now the league knows who Dynamo are .

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Filing a police report is not "an official record" in the way it appears you mean it would be - it's simply a record of one guys version. If the police go and ask the other guy what happened then his version is recorded. It's not worth anything more than that. Both guys could be lying when making their report, or simply not recalling the event accurately, and whatever they tell the police is what would be written.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Filing a police report is not "an official record" in the way it appears you mean it would be - it's simply a record of one guys version. If the police go and ask the other guy what happened then his version is recorded. It's not worth anything more than that. Both guys could be lying when making their report, or simply not recalling the event accurately, and whatever they tell the police is what would be written.

Well it's a registered version of his events anyway

And @Tim Berners-Lee your example of your buddy getting punched in the face while going for a header during a play is a completely different example you fcuking dipshit.

The only thing that made a difference here is your guy hurt our guy during a non-soccer play (after the play). Same hip toss could happen a 1000 times and our guy does not get concussed like he did. But unfortuntley for your guy and ours, this event resulted in serious head injury and that is a risk one takes when you cross that line.

Why was bertuzzi charged for punching Steve Moore? ONLY because Steve Moore got hurt. In hockey, guys get punched in the head all the time. If Moore wasn't KO'ed by bertuzzi's initial punch he would have braced himself when bertuzzi's fell on him. Instead, bertuzzi falling on a KO'ed Moore broke his neck, and that's what can happen when you cross the line.

I'm done with this. Hope nobody has to figure this shite out the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0