Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & Banter Jan 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal14 said:
actually, he was going for the ball. and he couldn't be found cause he was also on the sideline trying to stop his head bleeding. he had to get stitches in fact. you sore losers can say what you like about the rest of the game, but that play was clean. it was a freak accident where two guys collided with their heads. both of them got a piece of the ball and then their heads smashed each others. wish it hadnt happened, but it did. move on.

I hope you hacks enjoy div 2 next season! You can go back to where your style of play is more accepted!

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Rangers 3 - TWU 1

Ugly game ... they are young and fit. The pace wasn't terribly fast but having only 12 guys caught up to us for a bit. Nice work Whiteboots to put them away late and sew it up for us.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Struggling for numbers tonight, and it showed.

TWU took it to us in the second half , only to see whiteshoes score two goals in the final 10 mins.

They scored off a well taken free kick...about 24 yards out, and the guy picked the top corner...

Our keeper made two other quality saves..otherwise TWU mave have well taken all three points.

Our lineup was so thin, that two of us tried to play injured...unsuccesfully...and HOS had to step in and give us a bit of a boost. Ask him.
HOS turned into CJ Bike once again, knocking a nice cross into the mixer...no bike, but he was a plus 2.

Good result, although a more apropriate one would have been a tie. But, good teams find a way to win.....:wa:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Struggling for numbers tonight, and it showed.

TWU took it to us in the second half , only to see whiteshoes score two goals in the final 10 mins:

Many injured and some missing, we pulled one out of bag o tricks......finally.

Hate to say it Whiteshoes, you only scored one. When u cross it, kid clears it off line (me all over him...;) )..it hits his other leg, then he falls on it and proceeds to hit it towards the net with his hand... OG if I have ever seen one. Kinda funny watching this young kid panic like that, but i thank him for the winner.
Come on whomever is playing Abby and Alderhole.:D

Should be interesting to see what lineup we have sunday as we will have even less guys available and no old boy call downs!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
I hope you hacks enjoy div 2 next season! You can go back to where your style of play is more accepted!

There style of play:confused: they have no style of play and even Div2 isn't that bad, yeah we have a few teams from Surrey that think they're playing rugby, but not all Div2 teams are ankle bitters;)

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
Come on whomever is playing Abby and Alderhole.:D

That would be us Steppy. Would love to get a W against Abby on Sunday but this team is plague with injuries. Taking 3 points from Abby will be a tough go. Dont know what kind of team we will be able to field but numbers will be minimul. :(

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
There style of play:confused: they have no style of play and even Div2 isn't that bad, yeah we have a few teams from Surrey that think they're playing rugby, but not all Div2 teams are ankle bitters;)

KH

Of course not all teams are like this, but there is a hell of lot more of them in div 2.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
and no old boy call downs!

Stepchild:

Whenever you want to utilize the benefits of membership and it's privileges, discovering you're a tad short earlier and getting Coach involved sooner so he's not sending emails out at 3:00 on a Friday afternoon will more effectively help your sorry ass.

Get on the program,
RF

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did the Highlanders do Friday night?? I am stuck here in this hole known as Toronto and wondering how my squad faired.

My god I appreciate Vancouver and BC more every time I come to this town. :)

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa said:
How did the Highlanders do Friday night?? I am stuck here in this hole known as Toronto and wondering how my squad faired.

My god I appreciate Vancouver and BC more every time I come to this town. :)

Not so good Balsa. The 3 points would have been nice but we tied 1-1 with Columbia. With all the injuries these days we are having a tough time with the chemistry. Different guys in different positions, trying to make it work. Could have used ya on Friday and could really use you Sunday against Abby. Need some healthy numbers.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 5-1 over Chilliwack

Wow.

Watched the entire game from the sidelines :( , and all I can think of saying is ... wow. :eek:

How was it possible this Chilliwack team beat us in the Pak Cup ?

We played with two subs, one who has only played in a few games this year, and CJBike suited up once again as a striker.

Wow.

Eddie M scored a cracker from about 25 yards out to start things off....and whiteshoes followed about ten minutes later with an equally impressive volley.
From there we basically took it to them. They maybe had 10 minutes of possession the entire game.
We were up 5-0 with ten to go, when we had a 60 second let down,and they scored off a long cross.
CJBike tried one scissor kick, unsuccessfully, and had a free kick that the keeper did well to knock out for a corner.

WOW.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 1
Abbotsford 1

They came out with only 9 men and still gave us a hell of a match. We had 1 sub and they still kept up with us just fine.
Abby came at us pretty hard all game with all the energy they had left but didnt get too many chances. We however had several chances but were unlucky to put a couple of them away. Abby is a very fit, young team and they all had great touch and skill. All in all pretty happy with a single point compared to all of the ones we have thrown away lately. Next week maybe a little redemption vs Sub and the boys.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PM GUNNERS 3 - LUFC DYNAMO 2

We opened the scoring and played a really good 1st half. They scored the next three, including 2 in a span of about 2 minutes.

We scored a late second goal to make it close.

Good fit squad, but I figure we deserved a draw for our effforts in the 1st.

Funny, every time we have any momentum the ref has to shite himself and leave the park in a hurry. Kick off 1PM. Final Whistle 2:30... wheres the half time break? IMO we got robbed of 7 minutes....

Dear FVSL...please stop giving us 60 year old referees that have already done one game just prior to ours.

Anyhow GG Gunners, they used our 3 minutes of poor play to score three goals.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
Highlanders 1
Abbotsford 1

They came out with only 9 men and still gave us a hell of a match. .......... All in all pretty happy with a single point compared to all of the ones we have thrown away lately.

EXCUSE ME?

11 men v 9 men, and you are happy ?

What am i missing here....am I on hidden camera :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0