Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div. 1] Results and Banter - October '05

Which team will go undefeated the longest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man that damn teachers strike really affected my spelling. Glad there back to get me on track again. :D

middleofthepark

Oct 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa said:
Mr Hoffman

Middleofthepark, sorry to see you get hurt last night. Though the display afterwards was worth the drive to Moody. :D

Its called passion for the game balsa. That was a cheap, vicious tackle (studs up on the ankle from behind) with no intent for the ball by a player who couldnt keep up with me on the edge of the 18 yard box. Pardon me if I get a little upset because of it. But I don't recall injuring someone ever being classy way of dealing with an opposing player. I think your guy has been watching a little too much karate kid. Luckily I'm a firm believer in Karma, so it'll come back to him.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job Highlanders not sure how you guys were able to play after rookie night because I know I did't pull myself off the couch till about 10:00 pm the next day. I did however pull myself on the couch but that is another story for a different thread.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I never said it didn't suck to get hurt and I have no comment on the tackle......Yes maybe he couldn't keep up but I can assure you that that player would never intentially do that....other players yes but him no. But the tantrum was worthy of some 2 year olds. Passion is great and you showed you wanted that Lollipop more than anything. You must have a stack of toys that your parents got you at Toys R'Us.

kick_it7

Mar 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well middleofthepark - I tried to appologize last night and I guess it wasn't well received. But now you are whinning a little...studs up?- I think I was playing in turf boots. Vicious? I don't think I have gone into a vicious challenge in 5 years. I couldn't catch you - well it appears I could catch enough of you!!! And you are right injuring a player is never classy - but preventing a shot from 18 yards in a 1 - 0 game...I did what I needed to do. So please stop with the melodrama. As for Karma...can I get fries with that?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the sidelines the tackle didn't look intentional nor all that bad.... sh*tty luck (kinda like the outcome of the entire game) but I must agree with Balsa ( :rolleyes: doesn't happen much) that the drama was worth driving all the way out to POMO....
most people get up, walk off and tend to the injury. You hopped off like rabid 1 legged animal, proceeded to toss a chair while cursing then finally looked at the ankle.

If I had a Grammy you'd then be in luck. :D

On the other side of things.... nice work from the old guys! Adam was on fire which seems to fuel everyone else! Hope it continues like that!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The muttering & cursing while doign the 1 legged jig was close enough.... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I meant an Oscar.... :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sporting 2-1NDFC

well i said if we played like we have been playing we would struggle with sporting and we did. WE came out flat but still were controlling the play when sporting scored a goal against the play. we came back and started getting some descent chances then sporting scored a goal that was about 5 yards offside the guy had a breakaway from about 15 yards inside the half. Can't really blame the ref he has no linesmen all he can here is our sideline and defense screeming offside and has too make a decision. the rest of the first half we were in absolute shambles yelling at the ref each other it was ugly. second half we come out and score one 20 minutes in. 5 minutes later sportings forward decides to spit on our keeper and gets a red card..very classy. with about 10 minutes left a ball is sent across flicked on lands on my foot I take a touch, push it too the left about 5 steps, me and the keeper are racing for it and I slot it in..then the ref calls offside as there team is screeming at him. Now needless to say it was close and I may have been half a yard offside but where is the make-up call and why call it after I take 2 touches push it too the side and score. If your going to call it call it when I touch it the first time, not after the play. anyway tough loss a definite tale of two halfs

surfer

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is anyone else discusted with the reffing in this league?I was under the impression that when you move up divisions to play div.1,cat or prem.you should get a qualified ref that actually watches,and keeps up with the play.Besides Martin ,90% of the refs should be replaced.Benson has to go!

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
surfer said:
Is anyone else discusted with the reffing in this league?I was under the impression that when you move up divisions to play div.1,cat or prem.you should get a qualified ref that actually watches,and keeps up with the play.Besides Martin ,90% of the refs should be replaced.Benson has to go!

I find I don't notice the officiating as much when we win....weird isn't it? :confused:

C-thru

Sep 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
its amazing how the level of competition increases when you come up to canada from the states (bellingham, mt vernon, etc), yet the reffing goes from great (and linesmen) to sad little men with whistles. Granted everyone of the refs have the ability to ref a good game, just not consistantly...ever.

Playing in the mexican league down in Mt Vernon, WA costs $5 a game for ref/linesmen fees per game for a div 2/3 level of competition. Downside to that is the 1-3 field sized brawls that happen if you piss off the wrong player or team. Used to have at least one player from each team red carded every other game for fighting.

How much are refs paid in FVSL?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot. $75 a game I think? $50 when running the line.

Anyone have the exact numbers?

Fil,

You say 4-2 for us on Sunday. Does this mean that our mystery signing has signed? Who is this new wonder signing anyway? I heard that it was Nial Thompson, but I don't think he could crack our lineup. It has to be someone else. Do tell.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say 4-2 with the team we have...
If wonder kid signs, I'll say 14-5 for the Rangers.
EVEN THEROB will score then....

No news on Wonder Kid...he is waiting to hear from his mom if he can stay up late on Fridays for our games.

It was much easier to sign him when the teachers were out on strike.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Who is this new wonder signing anyway? I heard that it was Nial Thompson, but I don't think he could crack our lineup. It has to be someone else. Do tell.

Thompson - he's 31 now and washed up.......wonder kid my arse :rolleyes: :p

4ST OUT!!!!

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
a couple comments about the moody/highlanders game as it has already been talked about a bit, my 2 cents:

evenly played possession, that one forward of theirs named adam killed us, scored 2 goals and got an assist on the other and coulda setup a couple more if he passed the ball a bit more. upcoming opposing teams watch out for this guy.

as far as the rough tackle thats being talked about, i had a good view of it and I thought it was card worthly but the ref thought not and we lost one of our best players, our starting center midfielder, for the rest of the match, which hurt us. card or not, it sucked

as far as the comments about the officiating in the league so far this season, i thought last night's match was well reffed by keith, i think he's the best i've seen in the FVSL in awhile, hopefully we get him more often.

as far as the moody outlook is from here on out, we play GEU fri night this week, couldn't be a better time to play them, time to get some confidence back.

brandon

surfer

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
heanjob said:
I find I don't notice the officiating as much when we win....weird isn't it? :confused:
winning or losing,the officiating in this league sucks.If you are up they make up calls as they see fit to try to even the game.They ignore vicious tackles.They card guys for clean hits on 50-50 balls.The sad thing is the level of decent that they are willing to take,without even taking a number.This isn't new in this league,and probably won't change untill they implement age restrictions.If only arts&crafts day at the care home was on sunday.How do you know what winning is like residing in Surrey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0