Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div. 1] Results and Banter - February / March / April 2006

Will Aldergrove be back in 2007?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div. 1] Results and Banter - February '06

One was my fault sent your player in...WTF I couldn't have done that again if I tried, and the score could have been different if the guys on our team could keep the ball down, looked like they were trying to kick feild goals, and considering we played with ten men in the second half it wasn't to bad, the five guys he called up from div2 didn't play that bad

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

GN gets a lot of abuse about being a gong show but what about GEU. I know you guys have a solid premier team and a solid cat team but consitently being unable to field 11 guys in div 1 thats an embarrassment. between the div 1 team and div 2 teams geu could have a very solid div 1 and a very solid div 2 team. Instead the fat tigers is the closest thing to a team outiside of cat. I feel sorry for GEU's div 1 keeper

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kevin Hector said:
One was my fault sent your player in...WTF I couldn't have done that again if I tried, and the score could have been different if the guys on our team could keep the ball down, looked like they were trying to kick feild goals, and considering we played with ten men in the second half it wasn't to bad, the five guys he called up from div2 didn't play that bad

Yeah.. Some of the shots were off ( Thanks to our 'forward' / 'ref' who had atleast 3 clear chances in the 18 yrd box and shanked them all) But your goalie alone mad probably 5 - 6 wicked saves. He played well.. You guys did play well though.. Good Game though.. :wa:

Hey Kevin Hector were you the Center D or the Sweeper that night ? ?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Kevin Hector were you the Center D or the Sweeper that night ? ?[/QUOTE said:
He was the striker on the right side for most of the game.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

NDFC 0-0lowlanders,

we pulled some sporting domination but had not finish. A clean hard fought game which was frustrating not too win. there defense played a solid game, a ton of our chances came through the mid, but if you can't score you can't win. looks like whalley beat the rangers today...... If any of you have played on there shocking park lately you would know it could happen to anyone. If we had of won last night we could have had a slight shot at second place.

alphlex

Apr 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

bulljive said:
I feel sorry for GEU's div 1 keeper
meh, I'm used to it by now. It does have its benefits tho, I'm better now then I was at the begining of the season

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ya we lost, tried to sit our starters against a team a bunch of monkies should have beat..............oops, our coach took the loss, but what a shite show that field is. Anyways, we are 1/12 in points since 06, good year so far. They acutally tried to trash talk us after the game, good luck in div 2 next year when they get beat by everyone but us in the what ever the hell challenge to see who comes up or goes down.
As for the game, that team is horrible. Never seen so much or so far kicks off the park during the game. :eek: It worked, but they actually had the nerve to trash talk all game..............are you kidding me, they are shiiiit. GEU (no slag) is better than thay are.
Troubles in Rangerville.......CJ?!?!?!?!

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

moody over raiders 2-1 in moody, i wasn't at the game again as i've been away for almost 2 months now so dont know anything that happened, i'll be finding out later on today. 1 game left against north delta, should decide which team finish's above the other, looking forward to that match.

brandon

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

bulljive said:
NDFC 0-0lowlanders,

we pulled some sporting domination but had not finish. A clean hard fought game which was frustrating not too win. there defense played a solid game, a ton of our chances came through the mid, but if you can't score you can't win. looks like whalley beat the rangers today...... If any of you have played on there shocking park lately you would know it could happen to anyone. If we had of won last night we could have had a slight shot at second place.
Second may be out of the question, but you WANT to finish third. If you know what I mean.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

First thing about the ND vs Highlanders game was that BOTH teams were a bunch of whiners........

The young lads definitely had the legs but our D did a great job at limiting most of there chances to shots from outside the 18. I also see why ND have had a strong D this year also. It seems they play 5 in the back with one guy coming pretty late if the opportunity arises. Seems to work for them. I thought the result in the end was fair. Sure ND may have had more posession but as BJ said .........finishing wins games.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stepchild said:
Ya we lost, tried to sit our starters against a team a bunch of monkies should have beat..............oops, our coach took the loss,

Is the coach going to split the money with the rest of the team?

Early Valentines day was great:rolleyes:

Troubles in rangerville? I dont think so.

Thesunwillcomeout,tomorrow,

Zaurrini

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BrandonSampson said:
i wasn't at the game again as i've been away for almost 2 months now so dont know anything that happened, i'll be finding out later on today.
brandon
Ya , I guess it has been 2 months now that this team has looked better? How Ironic?:D

Figo76

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Heard Whalley Beat Rangers. Way to go Whalley. Any post-game reaction?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So it appears official...congrats to Aldergrove on Promotion.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed

I'll second that motion.

Well done Aldergrove.

Having played more years than I'd like to mention in this league, I had many battles with Aldergrove during my tenure in Premier in my 20s.
That would be circa 1970. ;)
And also many battles in Div. 1 and Masters now too.
I've seen so many great players come and go for that club.

As I said in the Premier thread this is a long standing FVSL club - It's nice to see them back in the show again.

Congrats,
RF

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I just want to say congrats to Aldergrove on having a great year and playing with class.Good Luck next year guys.

Can anyone tell me how the relegation works?Is it 2 or 3 teams that are going down?

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

1 team up and 1 team down, from premier to div 1, with the second best div 1 team able to challenge the 2nd to bottom premier team. i'm not sure on the format of that but i believe its a home and home total goals. the question is whether the rangers are going to grow some balls and challenge this year :p if not hopefully moody or north delta can because i know the raiders aren't either. and also whether fvsl will let the next place team challenge if the rangers pass it up, im pretty sure they've done this in the past.

(yes i know north delta and moody would get spanked in premier obv but were young and gotta play the better teams to get better, we both drew the top 2 premier teams in cup play, we're looking forward to the challenge as much as they are i'm sure)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

My understanding is we (NDFC) can't go to premier because the lions a team from our club is already in premier. Apparently olny 1 team from each club can be in premier, not sure but I have heard this from a few sources. We are looking to make premier eventually but I hope we don't get the shaft once we qualify.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Promotion

As Kokanee said it the Premier thread the one issue you need to address is the CAT team situation.
It's huge.
Unlike our balls apparently...;)

The one thing my team always considered was the ability to do that and be fair to the league.
Look at these teams that get promoted and take it and don't have a solid club system in place.
They're back down the next year.

My two bits,
RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0