Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Oct '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was i crying? Did i complain about anything other than we didn't play well?
Did i say they sucked. I gave them credit for the win. What more do you want?

They had 3 chances on net and finished 2. We had 10 and finished 1. They made the most of their opportunities and we didn't. Simple. I'll repeat it again WELL DONE PAU.

Heck i'll even admit our defense wasn't sharp today and they took it to us for the first half until we sort of settled down.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You didn't see us near our best either, missing 7 players today, and we still beat you being a man short for half the game. So stop your crying.

Actually, we beat you being a man short. You didn't score when you were a man down. But we did. ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We did get a couple of new players, including one really skilled striker, but mostly, we've started to play to our strengths... simple passes and off the ball movement... kinda what the game is about... ;)

We were missing a few guys today (as Maximus stated) and our only 2 subs were injured - one guy with a nagging groin injury and me nursing a really fukced up calf.. didn't stop me from *almost* potting a goal in my time on the pitch... if only the ref didn't call it back:mad: for dewdney being a bunch of crying girls who can't play physical and like to throw hissy fits... i especially liked the display of #14 who had a bigger tantrum than I've ever seen my 20-month old son perform... and that was after he got the call..:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure you are the first to say we can't play physical. The hissy fit was better than the punch that guy deserved for not even being close to playing the ball.

and soccer is not about simple passing and moving off the ball. It's about beer...........and i'm crying in mine.

PAU to finish out of the top 5 at end of season.

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, we beat you being a man short. You didn't score when you were a man down. But we did. ;)

That is the smartest thing I have ever read. Oh, and we had more than 3 chances. Unless you consider a missed breakaway and an air ball from 2 yards out not chances.

You know, I think it's time somebody called the waaaambulance on Yoda. Go cry in your beer some more. You guys are too old to be top three, and so are we, but we are the Div 2 callups that everyone thought would get relegated and you lost to our B team so go suck on your mom's teet some more.

Booyakasha.

Madhandle

Mar 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
port moody 2 sporting 1

we love to give the other team forwardss breakaways in the first 15 min....

gunners are a real good team... well done kids..

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 rangers.
rather poor showing/outting by rangers in maple ditch tonight........guys who were there played well and showed character!
first off we forgot our transfer sheets for 2 guys and didnt have a players regi number....lose 3 starters before the kickoff in a depleted roster of 14
we went up 2 at half, should have been more. gave them a chance, GEU scored a scrappy rebound goal to make it close. we defended being tired and happy to sneak out with a win. character win for the boys.
We were missing lots of starters too....as mentioned.....and we still won. Funny how that is....
Yoda, I feel your pain.;)

Manwich

Oct 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Dynamo 1 - 5 Aldergrove Warriors.

this was a drubbing, not much more to say. dynamos will be in div 2 next year without question. doesn't matter who they were missing.

also, is no one else tired of the "we were missing 3 or 4 starters" excuse. man up, every team is missing guys every week. MAN UP .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
also, is no one else tired of the "we were missing 3 or 4 starters" excuse. man up, every team is missing guys every week. MAN UP .

Absolutely agree. Unless you were missing at least 6 starters don't even mention it.

PS: we were missing 7 starters yesterday

Hatman16

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

If your referencing what steppy said, he never moaned about missing players, it was 3 players at the game itself that were sidelined due to paper work.

You right in the fact that week in & out teams are missing guys, teams with lots of depth usually can pull threw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0