Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL CAT] Results & Banter - October '05

Who will be in first by the end of October?

• GEU

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Poco

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Delta

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Whalley

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • PAU

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU-9 Whalley-2
From a watching stand point these guys are killing teams and this was done with some call ups to start from the opening whistle. Anyways Whalley's keeper( the first one) made some great saves and deserves some credit as he was all alone back there today. Question... has this league gotten worse? or are these GEU guys just that dominant?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canuck3c said:
Hey Lilhank
Whalleys big back line is waiting and will be lokking forward to the challenge, cause hey they have only gave up 5 this year through 5 weeks so hey all i got to say is bring it on!!!! :D
I'm not even gonna comment. :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have some great minutes out there from some lower division call ups.
Score could have been much different if Whalley hadn't hit 3-4 posts and crossbars today but i don't think we would have lost this one, just hurt our GA.

No goal today was really worth talking about, so I'll leave it at that.
:)

On to Langley next week.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J D Walker said:
i'm callin it out right now....... 4-0 geu. anyone in need of a good laugh, come out and watch whalley's keep get lit up.

You got that first half score right.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley will do OK this season if they play the whole 90 minutes like they did today. Very few teams would keep playing down 7-1, but they kept coming. The score was a little one sided but the game was a little closer. The game was more of a 4-1 kinda game. DMU looks to be the only team able to play with GEU. Off to Langley next week.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Score could have been much different if Whalley hadn't hit 3-4 posts and crossbars today but i don't think we would have lost this one, just hurt our GA.

On to Langley next week.

UH Yoda didn't you see my cracker :rolleyes:

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:

On to Langley next week.

how can you say no goal was worth talking about with the thorpedo getting one he will still talk about this when he's 70

all credit to whalley for keeping at it the big dif today was finishing theirs hit woodwork and ours went in again the result did not reflect the game they are the only team to score 2 on our defence up to now

huge thanks to jovo and tony for helping us out today

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, did Hector have a goal?
My bad.

;)

PS: Special thanks to Clubbin for making it out to the game, and giving the coach a heads up that he was coming.

:rolleyes:

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ArroyoBunk said:
our manager is out of town t, and the secondary contact didn't hear anything from you guys. i don't know who you talked to but i sure don't think he was with our club.

arroyobunk,

I only contacted the number listed on the FVSL website for the Rapids, I didn't know he was out of town.....I should have got the league to contact your alternatives just in case......I am absolutely sorry about this shite, take full responsibility for the debacle. :eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 6 Scores and Standings

This weekends scores (updated peculiarly fast on the FVSL site)
Chilliwack Rapids 1 GN Sikh United 0
Delta Metro United 4 Poco City Dominion 0
Dewdney FC 1 Peace Arch United 2
GEU Ultra 9 Whalley Rangers 2
North Delta Lions 1 LUFC United 1

Here's the latest standings:

Team PTS
1 Golden Ears United 18
2 Delta Metro United 13
3 Peace Arch United 10
4 Whalley Rangers 10
5 Chilliwack Rapids 7
6 Poco City Dominion 7
7 North Delta Lions 6
8 Dewdney FC Razorbacks 3
9 GN Sikh United 3
10 LUFC United 2

J D Walker

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bluebird said:
all credit to whalley for keeping at it the big dif today was finishing theirs hit woodwork and ours went in again......

........... and again, and again, and again..........

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Question... has this league gotten worse? or are these GEU guys just that dominant?

Don't think that the league has gotten worse. GEU looking good on paper, with results, up to this point. Can't really argue that. No one knows what the future holds though. Things can change overnight sometimes.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
*shaking head in exasperation*

Arroyo stated it best already, and I'm certainly one for giving one the benefit of the doubt...but HOW...is it possible to put TWO SQUADS together...and still not have enough people to come out to play the greatest game in the world...WEEK IN WEEK OUT?! Forget about the whole "didn't relay the information properly" thing...but just on the whole principle of it...I mean, are the GN/Sikh guys aware that they signed up to PLAY soccer...EVERY week??!!? Do some of their guys think that they signed up to be fans? To drink beer every weekend on the sidelines? To pick and choose the games they want to come to play at?!?

I don't fcuking get it.

Really hate "winning" a game because a team forfeits. I personally would rather lose a game PLAYED than win one unplayed.

Disgraceful.

Whatever the reason was...I hope it's worth the whole league talking trash about the program that GN/Sikh are running at the moment (at least at the PDD level/Premier doesn't seem to have the same disfunction).

HOPEFULLY, GN/Sikh can sort things out in the weeks/months/years following to start to actually represent...instead of consistently sheeiting the bed organizationally.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The answer to your question is quite simple really....you don't have two Squads being joined into one....that is pipe dream, as you will always have turnover in a club. A lot of changes happened for both GN and SUFC.

I am absolutely fcuking irate that for the first time in my playing years that we had to forfeit a game. However as per league rules you can't play if you don't field 7 players. I could have more players from Div 2 called up but their game was in mission, so no chance for them to play either.

What the fcuk are you talking about week in week out ??? We have had enough guys for every game so far, and how can you turn this one instance into a black mark for the whole club??? If you think this is from a lack of oganization, then you are dead wrong. Your two cents and other talk really amounts to nothing......its an internal matter and we are more pissed off than anyone else about this.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd hate to be the one guy that showed up for the game.
I imagine he's the guy they didn't want to come to the party, so they told him the game was still on.

Poor guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0