Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's Cat Division?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Peace Arch

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Poco City

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was unfortunate that Brian's poor clearance landed right on Billy Jackson, wide open.

I'd humbly have to disagree with the assessment that they "owned" the middle in the first. They certainly did in the last 10 of the second, when momentum swung their way after their goal, but prior to that they couldn't buy any time (I'm referring to the 2nd half only there). In the first, we felt we had them contained fairly well. Matt Hume did well to push through and take away what seemed to be a fifth midfielder, or shallow striker. One can't give BJ any space to work, and granted, every time I gave him a bit of space, he found an open man. But I was able to do the same when I got the ball too. Our strikers did well to run to the open spaces, making outlet passes easy for us.

The pace of this game was great. Very fast, back and forth. I’ll attest say that it was higher in the Cat game than in the premier match. The 3rd game of the season series will be a blast!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude

I'd humbly have to disagree with the assessment that they "owned" the middle in the first. The 3rd game of the season series will be a blast!

Perhaps my statement of ownership was a little exagerated yes. I concluded that something was wrong in the middle of the park because of the large gaps in it that poco was stepping up and into. It was not the fault of the guys in the middle, you guys had your checks 9/10 times. I think there was some confusion between our Sweeper and Stopper when we got deep, I also had a hard time getting all our strikers to buy in and chase down the tailing defender or last midfielder. It took several promptings and usually they were too late.

How did Crees do in the Premier Match dude?

The third Poco vs. Langley match should be a good one, Langley needs the win to split the points for the 3 game series. Hopefully both squads will have full numbers next match.

PS: I think I might have to change my name or something since my Suburban packed it in last night....cnut truck.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crees and I both got time up front- not together mind you. We were able to create some havok and pressure, but alas, no goals.

He ran hard. He's a good kid, and I see him in the show in a few years.

PS: BJ also has some good things to say about Ricky (our Cat sweeper). "Smart little player". About a minute later, the wee man snookered old Billy for the ball. it was grand theft!:D

buhner

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
All banter for the FVSL's Cat Division can take place here. When the teams are sorted and posted on the FVSL Webpage a poll will go up.

that is right there

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU/Langley?

So is this game still off tommorrow? Did they just lay 1 inch of turf on top of 20 inches of plastic out there in Langley to hold the water in or what? :rolleyes:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
game for geu

Well, I was out of town during the field closure events so was out of the loop. I heard the field was re-opened on Saturday despite the townships blanket weekend field closure. I called Mr. Nicely there and he said that he had already called all his players with news of the cancelation, so we left it at that.

Cheers.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC vs SUFC

Any SUFC members out there, whats the field status for this Sundays match at Strawberry Hill??

Thanks.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: LUFC vs SUFC

Originally posted by suburbanator
Any SUFC members out there, whats the field status for this Sundays match at Strawberry Hill??

Thanks.

Like I said in the Div 2 thread its been in crap shape all year.....we'll find out if it will be closed today....last time the PAU - SUFC game was moved to North Surrey, we'll let you guys know if it gets changed.

Rikki

Sep 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DUDE

i just read the post u gave about the game two weeks ago and i have to disagree about the poor clearence it was and even poorer pass after repeated "kick the ball out" chants coming from the sweep, in conclusion sorry bro but ur wrong bad pass and poor defending however the mistake was on his behalf (the defender) not Romons:wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The chant to clear the ball is neither here nor there. I can't honestly recall if he was under pressure or not, but regardless, the clearance needs to be better.

That said, everybody is entitled to make the odd error, and Brian spends a good chunk of his time cleaning up ours. He's been very, very solid for both Premier and Cat. He'll only get better.

Props to the sweeper too for trying to deflect blame.;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: RIKKI

Originally posted by Rikki
i just read the post u gave about the game two weeks ago

Wow, our Sweeper / potential team captain finally has a voice on TTP?

Everyone is going to make a mistake or two a game, it just glares more when its a keeper. A good keeper rebounds from a soft goal or miss-kick and finishes the match with solid play, which he did. Anyhow.....on to SUFC.

Probably will see some roster changes this weekend reflecting what I saw, or didn't see at practice.

Rikki

Sep 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OMG! I have just been opointed new bar manager at the nightly job and had no choice but to go to work....ok ok a phone call should have been in order but sometimes things slip when ur under the pressure of owning a percentage! Regardless money on sun and hopefully a starting position but hey faith is faith and when u do something it should be with total conviction.............:( :wa: .....at least we forget......the banna
Talk to u soon.....the ever wondering sweep!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU/Aldergrove

Good hard fought game by both sides with GEU winning 2-0. GEU dominated from front to back but on this day had trouble scoring . There 6ft4 keeper made some big saves to keep them in it also. On to Poco next which should be a great tilt.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sufc 3 - lufc 3

SUFC pretty much Beat Langley today, though the result was a draw. SUFC from the get go was the hungrier team with the Langley guys having a shocking 1st touch on a shocking pitch. This field is by far the worst we have seen this year (Yes including BROWN Road). Langley's only offence came late when SUFC was down a man (and down two men for a while!). SUFC deserves credit for the point they earned, they held on well during the last 20.

Nice goal by DUDE on a cross from Hauser and an equally nice goal by a slightly unmarked SUFC striker finding a VERY small hole in the top left early in the game.

Another TIE for our guys which is a killer.

Rikki

Sep 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know what to say!!!!!!!!!! What the hell were we doing out there today i dont think anyone got up for the game this morning....a couple of bright spots.....Dude was the man, Trever Crees however didnt play well ......so frustrated.......:confused:

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFC - Langley draw

Good game for the most part but both teams played like the shits at certain times in the game......we came out strong and our first goal was a cracker...langley came back on the turnover by us and scored on the rebound....Dude did you get that one ??

We came back and got a lucky one as our striker shot it and it deflected over the goalie.....a huge miss by langley to tie as the striker had all the time in the world on a breakaway and decided to rifle the thing off the crossbar....thanks !! :D

At half we lost 3 guys who went to the u-21 game and we still had 11......we scored a great 3rd goal off a nice run from our left mid...who juked and megged a couple of defenders before laying it off......nice finish into the top corner.......after the left mid setup the goal he left for the other game too.....down to 10....Langley then got on back as Dude roofed a cross....and then we went down to 9 men for the last 20 cuz of an injury.....they were all over us and they got one but not the winner.

Sub - yeah strawberry is just the shits right now and i think with the rain in november it will only get worse. I think someone played on this field in the rain and fukced it up.

I have to agree that Dude was defintely the main man for langley today :D Nice to meet you finally :D.....next time I hope we can keep 11 on the pitch for the full 90.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: SUFC - Langley draw

Originally posted by Big T
Dude did you get that one ??

I have to agree that Dude was defintely the main man for langley today B]

Dude's hair is pretty enough without you making his head swell up. Dude got a nice one yes, the others were scored by Slick Rick and Dino (the same guy that rang the crossbar).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0