Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's Cat Division?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Peace Arch

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Poco City

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wack vs PAU

0-0 draw even though the wack played two men down for the last 20 minutes. pau looked terrible and never really came close to taking advantage of the gift(s) from the ref.
you bring 20 men and still can't beat a nine man team? atrocious... next time bring 30 suckers.

Pinturicchio

Dec 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wack vs PAU

ArroyoBunk said:
0-0 draw even though the wack played two men down for the last 20 minutes. pau looked terrible and never really came close to taking advantage of the gift(s) from the ref.
you bring 20 men and still can't beat a nine man team? atrocious... next time bring 30 suckers.
True, PAU's play was atrocious, not up to the usual - in fact the other night we beat a team 4-0. On the other hand, I have never seen such an impressive Chili team - I counted at least two passes to their own players and one fellow managed to run from the 18 to midfield without tripping over either of his left feet. Well done lads, the sky is the limit!

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
pintrookieo

"the sky's the limit"... thanks for the vote of confidence

i mostly just wanted to acknowledge the wack's valiant effort given the unfavourable circumstances, but now i'm glad you took offense, jackass. :eek:

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Bunk, just be thankfull for the point your welcome. As for the "gifts" by the ref you must out of your mind idiot. Our keeper gets booted in the face thats a gift, two yellows from your player who cannot keep up with ours decides to hack him down thats a gift. Get your head out of your ass next time you decide to comment. As for the 30 players we need to bring our 11 is just fine Cloverdale athletic should be some indication of how out classed your team is. Anyway cudos to Chilli for playing hard right to the end they wanted the game more than us and we just played like shite.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda hopefully the gloves fit ya.Did you want the powder blue jersey? It's nice having a backup keeper for this upcoming weekend we at GEU have no worries with Yoda between the pipes. :eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought i held my own against Dewdney FC in an exhibition ealier this season.
Still waiting for a response from a PM to secure our keeper for sunday.

Crossing my fingers.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 3 - Langley 1.
Well played game by both sides. Langley carried most of the first half, and we held most of the second. Langley seemed to run out of steam at the end.
Nice to get our first win in 5 games.
Reffing sucked as usual.

On to Poco next week and a must win.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
GEU 3 - Langley 1.
Well played game by both sides. Langley carried most of the first half, and we held most of the second. Langley seemed to run out of steam at the end.
Nice to get our first win in 5 games.
Reffing sucked as usual.

On to Poco next week and a must win.

I'm confused Yoda, what part of the second did Langley carry? I remember maybe seeing that line that separates our half from yours maybe once. I was permanately stationed in my 18 for a huge chunk of it.
It was a good game played hard but in a good spirit. Felt like September with the weather.
Still chuckling to myself at the image of Dude being runover by the ref and then completely OVERREACTING.
Is it wrong that I see humor before compassion in Dude writhing in pain muttering incoherently? I may need sensitivity training.

Rikki

Sep 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over reaction? U try having ur sholder out of place and see how u feel when the only person on the field that should really be paying attention to the game is in the way!Yes GEU did hold the second, however Coach was trying to play everyone and not the starting 11, if the starting 11 were in affect, I would be suprised if anyone in the Cat Div could beat us.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As I ever so politely:rolleyes: told the official, it wasn’t so much that he was in the way, but more that he took two sudden steps backwards and hammered me. Would have been a non-issue if it weren’t that he connected with my bad side.

Hey, at least my spazz gave the sideline something to laugh about.

In all three matches against GEU, we’ve carried the 1st halves, and they’ve controlled the 2nd. This one hurts, through, as I felt we were in fine control going into the second w/ a lead. We played too defensively, and it was inevitable that GEU would tie it w/ 15 left. By then, it was too late to change momentum back. The play did even up a bit after, but GEU did well to get the winner on a counter, then scored the 3rd in the final seconds with all of us pressing for a tie. A well earned result.

I’d really like another shot at that one. One thing we can both claim; neither team let the ref- who was having some sort of horrifying dream out there- ruin what was a hard fought, competitive match.

Edit: should add that both goalies were on fire. Our guy (Brian Roman) made some great saves on a couple of clear opportunities inside the 18, likewise, Milsy made at least one mind boggling reaction save off McNeil in the late going to preserve the win.

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rikki said:
Yes GEU did hold the second, however Coach was trying to play everyone and not the starting 11, if the starting 11 were in affect, I would be suprised if anyone in the Cat Div could beat us.

Rikki Tikki Tavi,

Your kidding I hope! You guys had one shot and a corner kick in the second half.

Millisesque.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 300 - LUFC 1

The score above reflects the last 45......

We played a strong first half and should have been up 2-Nil. However it was 1-Nil and our guys CLEARLY showed their inability to keep pace over 90 mins. I keep telling them all, imagine if they trained....

GEU tied it up and had us in our own end for probably 90% of the 2nd half. It was only a matter of time until they notched a couple more.

Good Job GEU, they deserved the win.

As for Dude's Crash and burn, it was reasonably amusing to watch.
Dudes got more character and heart than anyone else probably in the Langley "system". People with that much passion are likely to express it awkwardly at times...

Rikki, thanks for pointing out my "coaching".

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's not forget that in all this, Millsy earned himself an assist on the game winner. Well done Mills. It's nice to see the support from the other team come to our aid when we need it. I was dissapointed a few games this year when we struggled for players. But you can't ask for much when it usually means their second game of the weekend.
Paulsation also had a great game in the middle of the pitch for 90. I tried to set him up for his first goal of the season but the only thing he could hit was the keepers hands.
Also great games from Scott and Nick, as usual. Nice to score more than 1 goal in a game too.
Not as nice as seeing Poco lose though.
BUt how the hell is PAU at the top of the league? Shocking.

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rikki said:
Over reaction? U try having ur sholder out of place and see how u feel when the only person on the field that should really be paying attention to the game is in the way!Yes GEU did hold the second, however Coach was trying to play everyone and not the starting 11, if the starting 11 were in affect, I would be suprised if anyone in the Cat Div could beat us.

Is this what people who lose say? :confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Either that, or they say:

filling the net said:
It's not that we think were the best, it's that no team yet has proven they have 11 better guys on the field then we do.

I know...it's funny what some people say after they lose.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU - LUFC....Post Game Reaction.

A couple of things I didn't have time to mention in my previous post:

For one, great play by our keeper stopping some big ones and obviously to Millsy for at least one great stop on McNeil from in close.

Blair Roman, who has been on fire since the break (4 Goals in 5 Games) has been one of our best players lately playing in the unlikely position of Stopper. Who'd have thought that a guy with swivel-feet would be playing so well. He used to be Blair "The Shank" Roman.

LFC also played a solid game, good to see him out on the pitch.

On to Aldergrove next weekend for our season-ender. Need a win now to stay in the top 4 I reckon!

PS: Did anyone ever find out if the ref actually forgot to bring his cards?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU/Langley

It looked over to me from the sidelines :rolleyes: as GEU could not score.Langleys keeper made a few huge saves and then the last 15mins wham bam thankyou mam.All this seemed to happen during the time Dude and the ref were rolling around on the ground together. Dude I think he lost his cards during the center circle wrestling match check your short pockets they may be there. :eek: I thought GEU's first goal could have been saved as it was a header that rolled in at 1 mile an hour but hard to tell. 3 good battles with langley this year and one great wrestling match can't beat it. :wa:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rikki said:
Coach was trying to play everyone and not the starting 11, if the starting 11 were in affect, I would be suprised if anyone in the Cat Div could beat us.

I know, i agree Rikki, we didn't have our starting 11 on the pitch either when we scored our 3 goals against you guys. Maybe we should just decide that, once one of the teams pulls a starting player that whatever the score is, is the final one? That way the standings would reflect what your starting 11 can do instead of your whole team.
:rolleyes:
Or maybe you guys could just go to practice and get in shape so that coach didn't have to put those weaker players on the field in place of you?

LFC played terrible, he was too busy watching the girls in tight tops run the track. How do you think i was so open all the time? My swollen ankle was throbbing to me this morning saying "wow he played good up until he whacked me."
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0