Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL 2009/2010 season

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Dad received a call from I believe Kevin Uppal last night regarding the up coming season and the number of teams in the Master's division. The information I received from the old man was rather vague as he was partaking in his nightly ritual of a couple of pints while hot tubbing in the buff with my Mom when the call came in. Needless to say I have nightmares about my parents habits now that they are pensioners but I was wondering if anyone out there in TTP land had more information on the subject.

From what I could make out from dear old Dad was there was going to be possibly as many as 18 teams. For the 2009/2010 season there would be only one division with each team playing each other once. For the the 2010/2011 season the Master's would be split into 'A' and 'B' divisions based on the standings from 2009/2010. Comments anyone?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL AGM Meeting

Tuesday June 9th, 2009 6.45pm @ Langley Legion

All rumours put to rest then.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought you were a pensioner Millsy? I think a split would be the best but only for a Premier Masters division in the "A" and the rest are in the "B" . I only say this as next year the Tigers may want to go up but obviously not in the "A".

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the perspective of a team coming in, I like having a shot right away at going to the A side. This is likely the fairest way they can run it.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playing each team once is not a bad idea, the only problem is that once again you will have 7 or 8 competitive games and then 8 or 9 blow-outs, especially if more teams are entering and the quality of players is spread even thinner around the league.

If the league could, and it may not be possible, but have some of the weeker teams from last year that want to stay in the "A" side, play against some of the new teams coming in that want into the A side. Teams that win are in the A side of 8 to 10 teams, a very competitive league with close games every week, no blow-outs, well except when you play the Mighty Rangers.

These games could be played in pre-season and may have to be drawn out of a hat, but at least you get two sides.

hos

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playing each team once is not a bad idea, the only problem is that once again you will have 7 or 8 competitive games and then 8 or 9 blow-outs, especially if more teams are entering and the quality of players is spread even thinner around the league.

I can't imagine that the talent will be spread thinner, especially in the Tigers situation where the talent is as thin as it gets.
Don't most teams move up as a team, rather than someone piecing together a Masters team?
It appears that 2 teams will be moving up as a whole, possibly 3, with 1 team scrambling to field players.

So there will be 4 new teams that i know of.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It won't matter where the teams are as I heard the new Poco City team will be the team to beat from what I have heard. Us Dewds will have a tough time competing against that team.

JTL

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
12 teams last year, so that means 6 new teams. Let the 6 that played in the FVSL Masters A side be, that are in the top flight next year, then decide how many you want in the top flight, and let the other 12 teams play to be a part of it.

Most likley, 4 or 5 of the teams from the B side last year want to stay there, and 4 or 5 of the new teams want to start on the B side (especially teams from north of the river), so you have 8 teams that play A side all year and 8 that play B side.
14 league games each team, plus a league Cup that everyone is involved with, just like this year, sound too perfect.

hos

jtl, be warned, you are in trouble next year when you come to Newton.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well i believe there is a Poco team, Possibly a GEU team, Dewdney team, and Lords of Langley.

Not sure where the other 2 would be from though. Unless Stepchild has made new friends and has another one.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Lords? I take it you signed Roxy?

JTL: Chiropractor Challenge, see my sig link. Utah, dig beneath the lint, see my sig link.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
12 teams last year, so that means 6 new teams. Let the 6 that played in the FVSL Masters A side be, that are in the top flight next year, then decide how many you want in the top flight, and let the other 12 teams play to be a part of it.

Most likley, 4 or 5 of the teams from the B side last year want to stay there, and 4 or 5 of the new teams want to start on the B side (especially teams from north of the river), so you have 8 teams that play A side all year and 8 that play B side.
14 league games each team, plus a league Cup that everyone is involved with, just like this year, sound too perfect.

hos

jtl, be warned, you are in trouble next year when you come to Newton.

By the sounds of it, you don't want us to come to Newton. Us being a new team you would rather us play on the B side according to your post so stop saying things that don't make sense. You were never that bright really were you.

JTL

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0