Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA FIXA

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first thought I had this morning about the US meddling in world affairs, again, was, "I'm OK w/ this one". :D

Could this possibly mean that Qatar gets their World Cup pulled? Too late, likely, for Russia, but...who knows? Maybe the best means of justice is to pull the tourney from both, then let's the rats eat their own in the ensuing legal squabbles.

And squeaky clean Canada, having just hosted the Women's WC, swoops in and offers to host 2018 on short notice.

And we finally get grass in BC Place. :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently traffic sports was working closely with the CSA on their 2026 bid... that doesn't bode well for us...

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could this possibly mean that Qatar gets their World Cup pulled? Too late, likely, for Russia, but...who knows? Maybe the best means of justice is to pull the tourney from both, then let's the rats eat their own in the ensuing legal squabbles.
And squeaky clean Canada, having just hosted the Women's WC, swoops in and offers to host 2018 on short notice.
:D
It might help Canada's chances for 2018 if we all stand up and applaud Blatter and his criminals, er cronies, when they show up at BC Place. We could also start a fund to grease a few FIFA palms.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about a BC bud for Tourny contra? We could have the HA run the security.
Great idea Freddy. The only thing that would cause a problem is guaranteed parking spots for the old boys club. @Sir M can u confirm parking spots won't be an issue for the bikers?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Putin has chimed in. Of course he had to. What a donkey. If there were any two things sure as shite on this planet, it was that Russia bought the Olympics and WC.

Man, I hope it gets pulled from Russia now. That would be a kick in the balls.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Putin has chimed in. Of course he had to. What a donkey. If there were any two things sure as shite on this planet, it was that Russia bought the Olympics and WC. Man, I hope it gets pulled from Russia now. That would be a kick in the balls.

I have not heard a lot of rumours that Russians bribed FIFA officials to get WC (or Olympics); it has been mostly about Qatar since day one. Anyway, this investigation will shed more light (hopefully).

Now, if you are suspicious how Russia got WC 2018 (or Winter Olympics 2014) why are you not suspicious of how Brazil got WC 2014 (and summer Olympics 2016) or South Africa WC 2010 (or Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010) or Germany WC 2006 or... do I need to continue? The investigation apparently goes back to 1991.

Whether we like it or not some kind of bribe always exists where the big money is. The good thing is that some of that dirty stuff finally sees the daylight so ordinary people like you and I can see how rotten professional sport generally is (and what happens behind the closed doors).

Re guy that "has chimed in": Love him or hate him, the fact is that he brought again some balance into this World. Before him it was always one side running the show in every corner of this planet. Balance is good thing (in everything and everywhere).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now, if you are suspicious how Russia got WC 2018 (or Winter Olympics 2014) why are you not suspicious of how Brazil got WC 2014 (and summer Olympics 2016) or South Africa WC 2010 (or Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010) or Germany WC 2006 or... do I need to continue? The investigation apparently goes back to 1991.

Re guy that "has chimed in": Love him or hate him, the fact is that he brought again some balance into this World. Before him it was always one side running the show in every corner of this planet. Balance is good thing (in everything and everywhere).

I'm realistic. I don't think any Olympics, including Vancouver, could have been awarded w/ out some palms greased. I think some cities / countries had to grease more than others, but that is only my own crazy theories going to work.

I also agree about balance. I don't love or hate Putin. Actually, I've never even met him! I also think he would have authorized any necessary action that would prove to be best for his nation. Who knows.

The interesting part of this is if the IOC gets dragged into this. They may be, if the investigation uncovers some parallels. Then it would be even more interesting to see if Salt Lake City passes scrutiny. I don't think they'd be spared in an investigation...nor would Vancouver. There have to be some pretty high ranking politicians not sleeping well right now.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The folllowing report in todays Vancouver Sun shows that our CSA reps, including two CSA Prez's from BC seem to have done nothing to try to combat corruption in FIFA. Both the CONCACAF people mentioned in the article have been charged with corruption.

" However, the Canadian Soccer Association has a long, sorry track record of saying little, at least publicly, about FIFA corruption scandals.

When a major match-fixing scandal was revealed a few years ago in Canadian semi-pro soccer, the CSA announced that its response was to have two of its executives fly to Zurich to get lessons in integrity from FIFA officials.

For the past 20 years, Canadian soccer officials have, for the most part, chosen to vote with and for proposals put forward by Warner – the former head of CONCACAF who is being extradited from his native Trinidad and Tobago to New York at the request of the FBI. Warner was pushed out of FIFA in 2011 stemming from a bribery scandal. There is even video of Warner urging fellow-CONCACAF delegates (but not Canadians) to take the $25,000 in money paid by the disgraced FIFA executive Mohammed bin Hammam leading up to the 2011 presidential election.

Yet the CSA continued to support Warner almost until he left FIFA. Their approach was generally the same with Warner’s replacement – Jeffery Webb. Webb was cast as a “new broom,” a man who would bring CONCACAF on from its long, history of corruption. Canada was enthusiastic in its support of CONCACAF. On Wednesday, Webb was one of the FIFA executives arrested.

One Canadian stands alone in her outspoken opposition to FIFA: Alexandra Wrage. She is the tough, forthright lawyer who was seconded to FIFA to clean up a corruption scandal in 2011. She compiled a series of recommendations to ensure FIFA’s governance was transparent.

FIFA ignored almost all of her recommendations. It is now facing the consequences of ignoring her ideas."

Read more: http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...ce-on-fifas-ills-speaks-volumes#ixzz3bRjcz2fA

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm realistic. I don't think any Olympics, including Vancouver, could have been awarded w/ out some palms greased. I think some cities / countries had to grease more than others, but that is only my own crazy theories going to work.
I also agree about balance. I don't love or hate Putin. Actually, I've never even met him! I also think he would have authorized any necessary action that would prove to be best for his nation. Who knows.

Yes, of course, those comments are fair. Quite a difference if we compare them with the previous ones in which you slammed Russians only.

Simply, no one (in this modern World and era) can get to organize a big event without some kind of bribe and/or political favour.

Not sure why exactly but all this reminds me of a well known joke:

"Bernard Shaw was at a party once and he told this woman that everyone would agree to do anything for money, if the price was high enough. `Surely not, she said.' `Oh yes,' he said. `Well, I wouldn't,' she said. `Oh yes you would,' he said. `For instance,' he said, `would you sleep with me for... for a million pounds?' `Well,' she said, `maybe for a million I would, yes.' `Would you do it for ten shillings?' said Bernard Shaw. `Certainly not!' said the woman `What do you take me for? A prostitute?' `We've established that already,' said Bernard Shaw. `We're just trying to fix your price now!' "

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The folllowing report in todays Vancouver Sun shows that our CSA reps, including two CSA Prez's from BC seem to have done nothing to try to combat corruption in FIFA. Both the CONCACAF people mentioned in the article have been charged with corruption.

" However, the Canadian Soccer Association has a long, sorry track record of saying little, at least publicly, about FIFA corruption scandals.

When a major match-fixing scandal was revealed a few years ago in Canadian semi-pro soccer, the CSA announced that its response was to have two of its executives fly to Zurich to get lessons in integrity from FIFA officials.

For the past 20 years, Canadian soccer officials have, for the most part, chosen to vote with and for proposals put forward by Warner – the former head of CONCACAF who is being extradited from his native Trinidad and Tobago to New York at the request of the FBI. Warner was pushed out of FIFA in 2011 stemming from a bribery scandal. There is even video of Warner urging fellow-CONCACAF delegates (but not Canadians) to take the $25,000 in money paid by the disgraced FIFA executive Mohammed bin Hammam leading up to the 2011 presidential election.

Yet the CSA continued to support Warner almost until he left FIFA. Their approach was generally the same with Warner’s replacement – Jeffery Webb. Webb was cast as a “new broom,” a man who would bring CONCACAF on from its long, history of corruption. Canada was enthusiastic in its support of CONCACAF. On Wednesday, Webb was one of the FIFA executives arrested.

One Canadian stands alone in her outspoken opposition to FIFA: Alexandra Wrage. She is the tough, forthright lawyer who was seconded to FIFA to clean up a corruption scandal in 2011. She compiled a series of recommendations to ensure FIFA’s governance was transparent.

FIFA ignored almost all of her recommendations. It is now facing the consequences of ignoring her ideas."

Read more: http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...ce-on-fifas-ills-speaks-volumes#ixzz3bRjcz2fA
Who will Canada be voting for , if the election goes ahead tomorrow?
Blatter?
It would be really interesting to find out where our Governing Body puts its support.
Anyone know the answer?

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 or 4 years ago, Canada Soccer agreed to a CONCACAF deal that would see the Carribean and Central American countries get two chances to qualify for the lucrative and prestigous 100 anniversary of the Copa America in 2016 in the US (thru the Carribean Cup/Centroamericano Cup and the Gold Cup) while Canada's only hope would be thru the Gold Cup. The U.S. and Mexico automatically qualify. The US attorney general is now investigating it and it's $110 million in bribes according to SI.

At the official announcement of the tournament, CONMEBOL and CONCACAF confirmed that all ten CONMEBOL members will be joined by six CONCACAF teams in the tournament. United States and Mexico will automatically qualify. The other four spots will be given to Costa Rica, the champions of the Central American Football Union by virtue of winning the 2014 Copa Centroamericana, Jamaica, the champions of the Caribbean Football Union by virtue of winning the 2014 Caribbean Cup, and the two play-off winners among the four highest finishers in the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup not already qualified.

In the case where the champion of the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup is not one of the already qualified teams, they will qualify directly to the 2016 Copa América Centenario.[21]

We are the only major soccer country to only have 1 chance of qualifying. Victor Montagliani and the CSA agreed to this and has only deflected the deal by saying we need to "focus on qualifying instead of bellyaching about the process". Really Vic? Really?

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CONCACAF Announces Actions taken by Executive Committee

The Executive Committee appointed Victor Montagliani, the President of the Canadian Soccer Association, Justino Compean, the President of the Mexican Soccer Federation and Sunil Gulati, the President of U.S. Soccer Federation to a Special Committee charged with the duties of evaluating and sustaining all of the business operations of the Confederation in the wake of the indictments brought against certain members of FIFA and CONCACAF.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to discourage the discussion here, far from it, but I'm already growing weary of article after article by soap-box editorialists. (is that even a word?)

That is all, carry on :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0