Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fever Pitch

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gents... just a quickie.. Fever Pitch, one of the best footie films has just started on channal 39....great flick!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks

Forgot to post this last nite...

I saw your post immediately Gaff and tuned in, you're right, it's one of the better futbol movies :D

Can I smoke?

... long pause...

No. But you can stay the night if you like.

Fasty, pick me up at the airport tomorrow would ya?

~TB.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

Yep.

'...Bet you any money you like, you're not playing 1st division football when you're 50...'

'...are well, thats the smoking innit...'

'...no Steve, its not the smoking, its the crapness...'

Classic.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
quality...

Keeps,

You should get Fever Pitch out for a look, it's probably one of the best football films ever made and it's made that much better by the fact that it doesn't include Sylvester 'paddle hands' Stallone. Your bird will even enjoy it and on that you have my guarantee. My success with the gentler sex is somewhat legendary, after all. Ask anyone. Apart from my ex wife who, incidentally, perceived our joint viewing of Fever Pitch as the highlight of our marriage. Take from that what you will.

Teary eyed in Fulham, Fastshow.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've read the book, but I wasn't aware that there was a movie. Is it easy to find my local Video Update? Something tells me I'm going to have a tough time finding it.

Keeperwhosecomputerisnowseriouslyfcuked.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Review

From my girlfriend last night:
Who told you I would like this? Who?! Who?!
I found a copy at her local Blockbuster, and needless to say, she didn't enjoy it as much as I did. Granted, as a movie experiences go, it was merely alright; as a documentary on the human condition of English football, it was great.

My thought as to why it didn't ring as highly with the the little woman is because, in general, women (e.g. my girlfriend) would want a great relationship movie with a soccer backdrop. Fever Pitch is a great soccer movie with a relationship backdrop. Good for me; not so good for her.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0