Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Excellent Site Update!

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the script with the new site? The only thing that will load for me are the 'fields' and 'contact us' boxes? Am I missing something?

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the script with the new site? The only thing that will load for me are the 'fields' and 'contact us' boxes? Am I missing something?

The site does not work properly for me either. You scroll over and/or click on the tabs like "schedule", "standings" etc. and nothing happens.

Azzi sent out a league email yesterday saying "if you are having trouble viewing our new web site, try googling vancouver metro soccer league." I tried this and it still did not work. I told him this story and he called me computer illiterate :)

The mere fact Azzi is referencing "google" seems like progress to me.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie:

Which browser are you using? I know that sometimes different versions (of IE for example) can have issues with dodgy coding in a site...

Checked the More Excellent Site with both IE 8 and Chrome 3; it seems to be okay.

Yes, it's true: Willy is a closet technogeek. Who'da thunk it?

Trece

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 things for Ruben to check/fix:

(1) /Styles/main.css is not loading (I'm assuming because it is in /styles/ not /Styles/ )
(2) Don't hotlink images from another site!!! http://www.mbuspartans.com/images/2009-10/soccer default copy.jpg
(3) site width is set in a table to 1075 - (a) this is too wide (b) you have nested tables within it set to the same width with varying cellpaddings set greater than zero... issues will ensue
(4) stick an .htaccess file in the web root with 301 redirects from old urls to the new ones.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 things for Ruben to check/fix:

(1) /Styles/main.css is not loading (I'm assuming because it is in /styles/ not /Styles/ )
(2) Don't hotlink images from another site!!! http://www.mbuspartans.com/images/2009-10/soccer default copy.jpg
(3) site width is set in a table to 1075 - (a) this is too wide (b) you have nested tables within it set to the same width with varying cellpaddings set greater than zero... issues will ensue
(4) stick an .htaccess file in the web root with 301 redirects from old urls to the new ones.

Geek! :D

:bronco:

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie:

Which browser are you using? I know that sometimes different versions (of IE for example) can have issues with dodgy coding in a site...

Checked the More Excellent Site with both IE 8 and Chrome 3; it seems to be okay.

Yes, it's true: Willy is a closet technogeek. Who'da thunk it?

Trece

Aha! Thanks for the info...upgraded to IE8 and everything working fine now.

In unrelated news, Azzi seen skateboarding home from a rave this morning.

:bronco:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm guessing someone else has been put in charge of website updates the last little bit?

This week's schedule is a dog's breakfast right now.

Am I allowed to say that?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0