Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Bookie EPL 2009/10: Arsenal @ Man United 20090829

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
walks,

how would you call the arshavin play, when he was abruptly halted by the fletcher tackle in the box? i guess these things happen in old trafford.

i don't think there is a single united fan out there that doesn't agree that it was a penalty...the referee didn't make the call...play on

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...i'm sure boruc definatly grabbed both ankles before eduardo started going down.....

:eek::eek:

anywhere in the 18 yard box, if a player is taken down by the keeper, PK, scoring chance or not
i'm not sure if you knew that or not, so i thought i would educate you :rolleyes:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok maybe I shouldn't be comparing the two but he still dragged his feet looking for contact regardless. I didn't think Shrek is that type of player but I guess playing beside Ronaldo for that many years he learned a thing or two.

Or perhaps he's taken a page out of Gerrard's and Torres's book :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a total dive. Yes there was contact, but ROoney was already going down before Almunia even got to his right foot. He hoofed the fcuking ball and tried to sell a peno.

I don't know what the argument is all about or the slow mo video of painful frame by frame looking at those two pieces of work (Almunia and Shrek) ;)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
only opinion that matters anyways is mike deans so maybe we should forget it, i didn't expect arsenal to go unbeaten all season so i'm not too dissapointed

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the frame-by-frame video, it seems that the keeper *slightly* got a touch to the ball.

To me, it looks like Rooney was already going down because he had to stretch so much to get a touch - at that point, not a dive, but when he does go down, he automatically has a moan for a PK which to me is just as bad as doing a flat out dive in the first place.

I fcuking hate players these days swarming a ref for calls, reds, etc. Chelsea is the worst for this.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed with Regs (for once). From the first replay I saw, and from the frame-by-frame, all it looked like was that Almunia was a bit late going for the ball. He's full-out committed to diving for the ball when he makes contact. He misses it by a hair and gets Shrek, who of course goes down because he's stretched and makes sure that it's fully sold (hence the foot drag)*. Also notice that to add insult to the yellow, Almunia gets Rooney's knee to the side of his head.

MB10: give your head a shake, son. A direct foul in the box (whether legit or sold) is a penalty regardless of whether a goal-scoring opportunity is involved or not.

Trece

*special statement inserted to wind up pompous ManUre fans...:D

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
MB10: give your head a shake, son. A direct foul in the box (whether legit or sold) is a penalty regardless of whether a goal-scoring opportunity is involved or not.

yeah don't really know what i was talking about. i worte it wrong. i meant that when a player just boots the ball like rooney does there and isn't going to get to it anyways it doesn't matter if he gets touched or not.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0