Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Bookie EPL 2009/10: Arsenal @ Man United 20090829

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First HUGE game of the year, hopefully one of these teams gets STUFFED :D

Bet window open until 9AM Pacific Saturday.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So will Rooney receive the same backlash for his dive as Eduardo did for his against Celtic?

Not likely.:rolleyes:

Nice penalty taken by Shrek, a real brain fart of an own goal and some end-of-match controversy lets the most over-rated of Ingerlish teams steal 3 points.

WTF happened over what looked like Arse's tying goal? I was distracted trying to explain something non-game-related to La Señora (She Who Of Course Has Perfect Timing) and missed why it was called back.:rolleyes:

Feh...

2-1 for Manchester Unexciting.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
missed the united arsenal game for the first time in a while. work got in the way. haven't seen any of the highlights i heard from my mum (bias arsenal fan opinion) that arsenal were robbed but meh what goes around comes around right? if i said eduardo didn't dive against celtic i would be a complete tool so karmas a bitch i guess. oh well still 35 games left for arsenal, not to worried.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So will Rooney receive the same backlash for his dive as Eduardo did for his against Celtic?

you gotta be kidding me?
almunia got a piece of rooney, both hands and didn't even go for the ball
he barely argued the call

boruc pulled his arm back or kept it to the ground and didn't even touch as much as a boot lace
you could see how angry he was as well as the players

give your head a shake

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another great Arsenal moment and another shocking dive by Eboue in the 2nd half. Wenger was so disgusted with it, Eboue was yanked right after.

Love it :wa:

Hard to say we deserved the three points as I think a draw was more in order. Arsenal were better in the first half and deserved more but a cracking save by Foster just after halftime kept United in it. The penalty was an easy decision and I honestly can't believe some of you are questioning it. Ridiculous. Really feel for Diaby who didn't deserve an OG but really, what the fcuk were you thinking ??

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another great Arsenal moment and another shocking dive by Eboue in the 2nd half. Wenger was so disgusted with it, Eboue was yanked right after.

Love it :wa:

Hard to say we deserved the three points as a think a draw was more in order. Arsenal were better in the first half and deserved more but a cracking save by Foster just after halftime kept United in it. The penalty was an easy decision and I honestly can't believe some of you are questioning it. Ridiculous. Really feel for Diaby who didn't deserve an OG but really, what the fcuk were you thinking ??

i agree about the tie
after seeing the fletcher tackle on arshevin, WOW...how did the referee not call that?!
we'll take the 3 points :D

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow really? please explain how almunia even came close to stopping a goal scoring opportunity? like was those both serious comments, if so typical united fans can't accept when they get something given cheaply...

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker14 what exactly is hard to see that Rooney was going down regardless. The only thing that was different was Almunia didn't stop like Boruc did. Rooney was gonna go down even if the aluminum man pulled out of the challenge. Go look at the replay again and tell me why his other foot is already dragging behind him before Almunia even makes contact and barely contact at that? Again only difference is Almunia didn't pull out like Boruc but both Rooney and Eduardo dragged their foot looking for the contact and one got it. Seems like a dive in my books but typical Man U. fan can't see reality. Have fun finishing second or third to Chelsea and/or Arsenal. :wa:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have fun finishing second or third to Chelsea and/or Arsenal. :wa:

Well it certainly would be a change to winning the last three Premiership crowns and a European Cup two years ago :wa:

If you lot think that Arsenal have a chance at winning the Premiership or in fact even coming close, then apparently the lobotomy did it's job :rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker14 what exactly is hard to see that Rooney was going down regardless. The only thing that was different was Almunia didn't stop like Boruc did. Rooney was gonna go down even if the aluminum man pulled out of the challenge. Go look at the replay again and tell me why his other foot is already dragging behind him before Almunia even makes contact and barely contact at that? Again only difference is Almunia didn't pull out like Boruc but both Rooney and Eduardo dragged their foot looking for the contact and one got it. Seems like a dive in my books but typical Man U. fan can't see reality. Have fun finishing second or third to Chelsea and/or Arsenal. :wa:

but almunia made contact right?
whether rooney was going down or not, almunia made contact with him...didn't go for the ball whatsoever
the fact that you think these 2 situations are the same at all is ridiculous!
eduardo was going down before boruc even left his net for the challenge
he should be embarassed for celebrating after that PK goal

are we watching the same replays??? barely contact?? :rolleyes:

i can see reality...and the reality is, there was contact...bottom line!

the fact that UEFA agrees and that they aren't even looking at rooney's situation, that answers all the questions

typical man u haters

GLORY! GLORY! MANCHESTER UNITED

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks your lot was a flukey toe save away from probably losing that game as I don't think at 2-0 they would come back. If and when Van Persie starts scoring and they can remain healthy they have the squad to win it.

Striker why would UEFA look at it? It's an F.A sanctioned match ffs. I bet the F.A. finds Rooney a genius in that situation.:rolleyes:

UEFA are hypocrites anyways. They are suspending Eduardo for 2 games but from now on if you are found doing the same you get a yellow issued, which I guess can lead to a suspension if you are booked already or are sitting on yellows. Does that count as TTP out of Arsenal and Wenger?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks your lot was a flukey toe save away from probably losing that game as I don't think at 2-0 they would come back.

Flukey ?? I didn't think this was a game of horseshoes :rolleyes:

United fans prefer to call Foster's save an incredible reaction save :D

Still having 'issue' with the Rooney dive. Seriously, can you compare that to Eduardo's and Eboue's shambolic display's in the Celtic & United game respectively ?? Fcuking no way ...... Ronaldo ?? yes, Rooney ?? no chance. How the hell does one dive at the pace he was running at ?? Almunia fcuked it up and we all know it. He comes at full pace out of his goal and trips him up. Easy decision IMO.

On another note, UEFA's decision to ban Eduardo for his dive against Celtic opens up a massive can of worms and could throw every decision that is made on a field into question. Big decision that will impact football matches all over Europe.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok maybe I shouldn't be comparing the two but he still dragged his feet looking for contact regardless. I didn't think Shrek is that type of player but I guess playing beside Ronaldo for that many years he learned a thing or two. If that game was played at the Emirates I ask myself if that is given? I'm leaning towards no.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
just cause there was contact doesn't mean it was a penalty anyways, there is no goal scoring oppurtunity the ball was so far away when he touched rooney, like i'm pretty sure the ball was all but ouf play. so if he didn't deny him the chance to score it's not a penalty if the ball would have been within 5 feet of rooney or even if he woulda gotten to it hadd he of stayed up then yeah fine it's a penalty but not even close. rooney played for the foul and got it, just accept that you got a bad call, cause no matter what now it stands. i just find it funny how you argue something that so many non man united fans agree wasn't a penalty, maybe i should argue eduardos dive cause i'm sure boruc definatly grabbed both ankles before eduardo started going down.....

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me get this straight ...... just because it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity, then there is no foul and thus, no penalty ??

Seriously, are you fcuking kidding me ??

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
walks,

how would you call the arshavin play, when he was abruptly halted by the fletcher tackle in the box? i guess these things happen in old trafford.

the gunners will be back. manchester derby will be one to watch.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was a penalty. Luckily (for Arsenal & Arshavin), he scored within 30 seconds on one of the best goals of the year so far.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0