Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Empire Field: Temporary Home for Leos and Caps

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Temporary Home for Leos and Caps

Because they truly are temporary stadia that this company builds, it's not concrete, it's made of steel... The buildings wouldn't last decades, like big stadia should.

Think of scaffolding... that's is really what these "temporary" stadiums are built out of.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Because they truly are temporary stadia that this company builds, it's not concrete, it's made of steel... The buildings wouldn't last decades, like big stadia should.

Think of scaffolding... that's is really what these "temporary" stadiums are built out of.

build a new on every year then

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Clearly you never ever have worked with any sort of management or maintenance background. ;)

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

yes clearly, its evident better use could be done with that money

barney

Jul 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

What a wonderful world we live in. 20 million for a temporary stadium that will, by definition, be torn down. Meanwhile, BC High School Sport lost all funding (about $135.00) a huge number of clubs lost their grants from the government, education lost funding, a large number of social programs lost all funding. I am sure that the total for all those loses do not add up to $20 mill. I am the only one that thinks that this stinks.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No, you're not.

Especially when the whole private downtown stadium fiasco is factored in, it all just screams of bad government on all levels. Every one- including Port Authority- should be ashamed of letting it got to this point.

As Polska says, if this is the cost, why exactly do we need BC Place again? It’s a joke.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

For the Home Show, Boat Show, and Auto Show... DUH!!!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

We all know I cant read...I cant seem to see where it says the new stadium will have grass or turf...Grass I am assumeing because its there already.
Hope we can book a few games on there. Be nice to play in a real stadium. Maybe a provincial game or 2 next year. :)

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ghouse said:
We all know I cant read...I cant seem to see where it says the new stadium will have grass or turf...Grass I am assumeing because its there already.

Ghouse for what I read in the Sun today, is going to be turf (the turf from the BC place will be used there).

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well the only good news then is ,the turf cant be over used so we should be able to hold a match or 2 there. Hope they dont charge to much. would be fun.
Mine as well look at the good things reguarding this cause its happening.
They should give the VMSL a break on rental since they are loseing 2 great grass fields

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

They should give the VMSL a break on rental since they are loseing 2 great grass fields
Yeah, I'd love to see what the VMSL is going to offer us as a replacement since this is my team's home pitch...:rolleyes: Somehow, I don't see us being offered the opportunity to play our home games in this stadium as a trade-off.

I also don't see the fields being able to be returned to their current state any time soon after the "temporary" stadium is removed. For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to play or watch a game there, there are two east/west oriented pitches where the old Empire Stadium used to sit. They are set up so that the grass is gently hilled in the middle (as opposed to the old concrete mound that was so rounded that you couldn't see anything below the knees of a player on the other side of it), and there is a lower spot in between for the purpose of proper drainage. Count on this to disappear to be able to level the ground for the new stadium, and then have the Parks Board tell us that they don't have enough money to restore it properly afterward.:mad:

Bah Humbug!!!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ghouse Vmsl will get the use of the field for free. It is fantastic to see that the old stadium is going to be heard from again. Now we need a good team. They have few good players. Club looks short in the midle of the park. Turnovers are huge. A local lad trying out looks good. Their shooting has got long ways to go. Most of the shots visit cow's nests. I was told long time ago it is not your first tatch. It is your last tatch that sinks or swims you.Club looks Ok in some spots. Flat angle play will kill you. Most scoot before the ball is played. Keeping looks solid.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Mr Base:

The Whitecaps are now employing the two best CMF'ers in North American Football aside from the MLS in martin nash and Jon Steele, who they just signed.

They have made a tonne of off season signings, including Nelson Akwari, a once USA Youth Nats team Captain who has 78 MLS games, and Greg Janicke of MLS history.

You never cease to amaze me with your spouting off of rubbish that is based in no semblance of fact.

The only place the WFC roster is short on is up front... which could be fixed rather quickly with a signing or two considering they are not going to be playing any games until March and none of note, probably, till April.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

How is it possible you get so wound up with him?

He has shots visiting cow's nests FFS. It's like getting mad at Corkey from Life Goes On.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude:

Be careful; you don't want to go anywhere near nesting cows - especially when they're just getting out of their nests first thing in the morning. You really don't want to get tatched by one getting down out of its nest...

:eek:

This has been a public service announcement...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0