Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Early World Cup 2002 Predictions

Who will win the 2002 World Cup?

• France

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Argentina

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Brazil

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Spain

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • England

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Germany

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Croatia

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Japan or South Korea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pylon

Nov 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Come on Guys

Originally posted by The Apprentice
Once Again, Lets carve the people about their World Cup, predictions and Picks not them personally. Get back on track, and keep this forum going. TA

Good idea.

Seems like most people agree on teams like Brazil, France, Argentina, Portugal, Germany, Italy, etc., will go through to the second round. But does anyone think a team like Nigeria, China, or Poland could make it past the first round? Personally, I thought Poland did quite well in the qualifications, and has a decent chance of making it. Anyone else?

And please, no comments about England or Croatia - they've been flogged enough as it is...

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean, I think that in Group B with Brazil, China and Turkey it will be a very close race for the top 2. Turkey is a strong team, and could give Brazil and China problems. I think upset?

Prediction, Turkey and China:eek:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
World Cup 2002 Pool

We should have a TTP Pool for the World Cup.

That way we could see how brave people are with their predictions...

Anyway, I'm picking Slovenia as my team that will shock the World and win their group.

The Slovenes qualifiyed to the World Cup comming out of a Group that included Russia, Switzerland and Yugoslavia. Then went on to beat Romania in a playoff. They did all this undefeated...

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sleepers

Spain, a team with a well rounded roster. Great talent that isn't too flashy, this is my pick for WC2002

cheers
JB

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paella!El

JB,

I agree with your Spanish "sleeper" prediction.

They always have loads of talent, but bottle it time after time. With that said, they seem well balanced up the middle with Hierro, Mendiate and Raul.

El Buckfasto

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whos gonna be the champ..

Im an England fan
they will win.. so I hope..
Argentina is strong so their a favorite, on top of a given power house France.
My dark horse is Spain..
other then that, no other country deserves it..

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that's a long shot

Apprentice,

Turkey and China making it to the second round could be the biggest long shot. I know that the Samba Boys struggled in their qualifying but when it really matters they will be there. Can you imagine what it must be like to go to visiting stadiums for Brazil during WC qualifying. Columbia, Chile and the rest must be very hostile environments.

I will take Brazil to win the World Cup. I know this might not seem like a huge leap of faith but the rest of you don't think they have a shot. What if Ronaldo was fit for the World Cup would they become one of the favorites:D

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean

Brazil is always a favorite in my mind. They have a good team, and with Ronaldo that makes them that much more of a threat. Even if they didn't do to well in there Qualifiers it is a different game in the WC and anyone could win. Brazil have some good players on the team in Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo, Edilson, Cafu, and a few more. They are always a threat even at there worst times.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portugal is my obvious favourite, with talents like Figo, Gomes, Costa.

However, besides the group of death, one group that I find intriguing is Group E. Out of all the groups, this could be the closest and most surprising. Although Germany WAS a powerhouse, a team like Ireland (who knocked out the powerful Netherlands) could turn some heads.

Cameroon is a team of wonder. I believe that their style will be similar to Nigeria and cause some amazing upsets.

Ireland and Cameroon to the next round.

P.S. Portugal all the way!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all so simple really

Same reason you're still posting anywhere on TTP.

It's fodder for taking the piss.

~TB.

Pylon

Nov 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: World Cup 2002 Pool

Originally posted by CDK
We should have a TTP Pool for the World Cup.

Anyway, I'm picking Slovenia as my team that will shock the World and win their group.

The Slovenes qualifiyed to the World Cup comming out of a Group that included Russia, Switzerland and Yugoslavia. Then went on to beat Romania in a playoff. They did all this undefeated...

I totally agree. And they really impressed in Euro 2K. Damn, there's more people in Vancouver than in Slovenia... :eek:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ

are you a daft muppet or what!!! since when does a tricolour flag represent an England fan???

Guinnessneedssomeclarification:mad: :mad:

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
world cup

France i know are one of the favorites but unless barthez smartens up, they won't be champs again, my orther pick would be Italy, and my dark horse will be Ireland:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Italy won't win.

His holiness JP2 has a bet on Poland.

Therefore convents all over the world have changed their assignments and are no longer praying for Azzuri.

Tough luck.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dec 10/01 Province paper

Anyone see the add in the province paper? $10000.00 bucks and you get 15 night stay, transport, 2nd round game, semi-finals and finals, plus they will kick free breakfast. Would be nice to go see France win if you had the funds kickin around. Is $10k worth it though?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you add up all the expenses, flight, hotel, tickets ( which are fcukin expensive) , and all the rest I guess 10k is not that bad. If you have the money it is worth it. A world cup game, let alone the final is a once in a life time opportunity.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction

A sure bet for the World Cup is for Jinky to visit his local and go to every England match supporting the other side!!! call it a hunch but he may even wear face paint and down 5-8 pint prior to kick off... stumble his way out by half time and take a slash on the first bastard that tries to kick him out (ofcourse while pishing himself)... ah let the games begin!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0