Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 DIV 3 - 2012- 2013 SEASON - Banter, Predictions, Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caspian deserved the win, 3 goals on 5 shots, we hit the post twice and twice got ball cleared off the goal line by their D. Last 15 played man up and couldn't capitalize.
We scored on a pk that was a gift from ref who had a bad game. Don't remember ever seeing so many stoppages, foul throw-ins and not knowing what the calls were.
I'm sure they quickly realized the one guy we were missing was our #1 keeper

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ChunkyMonkey: glad to see that you took the trouble to create an account just so you could post that. Glad also that we could help you complete your life's work so you can retire now.

For anybody with a sense of reality: half our lineup missing (only 10 players out of a roster of 21 available) so we fielded 3 guys who are over 45, with somewhat predictable results. A couple of guys on PCOV with a bit of class (#2 comes to mind) and some real doofuses, including the guy wearing the captain's armband. They lost a guy in the middle of the park when he fell awkwardly after a foul and torqued his knee quite badly, but I was told he was up on his feet after the game. Hope he is able to recover fully.

Not losing any sleep over this one, or the season. The really young boys still have a lot of room for improvement, but the potential is definitely there. We know there are some holes to fill, and those will be addressed over the summer.

cupcake

Jan 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw Caspian vs Strathcona.

Strathcona were unlucky to not come out of the first half with a lead. They were the better team but couldn't put the ball in the net. Caspian scored on one of the two times they ever got inside Strathcona's box.

Something changed in the second half and Caspian took over. Got 2-0 from a crazy volley from outside the box. Then Strathcona came back right after with a penalty kick goal. The comeback was looking even more likely when a Caspian defender got his second yellow with 15-20 minutes to spare. But with a man up, Strathcona really didn't create much. Caspian scored in the final minutes from a corner kick.

It was a fun battle to watch but not that impressive in terms of quality of play. Referee didn't make it better by stopping the play ever 30 seconds. The penalty kick call was horrendous.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I arrived to see the PK being converted. I didn't see the foul but I heard it was a really bad call. lol
Looked like both teams had the passion and desire to win and there was a definite sense of urgency. Impressed with both teams and their supporters, they got a good little crowd out. Congrats to Caspian.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
that game report pretty much sums up Caspian this season. We lost the first game vs them, they had one shot on net in the first 45 seconds of the game... our goalie decided that he didn't want to play yet and let the goal in from about 30 yards out and the ball barely made it into the net... we dominated the rest of the game just couldn't score, our second game was different. From the games that i heard about, Caspian was like that, somehow got weird goals in and other teams just couldn't score. They have two guys back that are good, and 2 in the middle, rest of the team is for sure div 3 minus level... sort of like our subs

danny_agger5

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like your subs bytca? Too bad you didn't have our terrible players to help you finished above fourth.

Game was pretty much as everyone said, however United is being gracious by saying we deserved to win. Strathcona had 1 cross-bar and two goal line clearances. We happened to score in the 43rd minute as well. It could have easily been 1-0 Strathcona going into halftime, which would have been a completely different game.

Very ugly match by two kick and run teams. Referee definitely didn't help the cause. Second Caspian goal was brilliant, but also the only appealing part of the match. Very, very evenly matched teams. Hope a teams drops out of div 2 and Strathcona can take their spot. Anyone could have won this game really. Good luck to Strathcona next year.

Oh, I looked at the standings and Chaos can still finished third if they win their last game. Fight for third bytca! If you ever need crappy players let us know.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
you really haven't seen our subs lol... guys who never played soccer in their life... their more like bodies on the field... given that we were missing 5-6 starters every game... i think we did quite well

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Danny and Baback!
To me, if you convert your chances, you deserve to win.
Same goes for missing starters, you play with what you got, and if you don't got it you don't deserve it, Chaos

danny_agger5

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks United. Game looked like one team playing in front of a mirror. Very similar in all facets. Good luck next year. Hopefully a spot will open up in div 2. Cheers.

cupcake

Jan 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
you really haven't seen our subs lol... guys who never played soccer in their life... their more like bodies on the field... given that we were missing 5-6 starters every game... i think we did quite well

Yes, unlike all the other teams that always play the same solid first 11 with highly skilled subs on stand-by?

Way to throw your subs under the bus there, by the way. You must be such a joy to play with.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcbycta is hilarious. this isnt hockey or basketball or any other sport for that matter. the league is a marathon with 18 games, and at the end YOU Finish where you deserve to finish. through out the year we were consistent and did what Puma did not. Puma was by far the hardest team in our group, and they had their amazing games, like beating the champs 5-0.. but what did that do for them?

football is a marathon .... so stop writing all these posts that simply make your incomplete knowledge of football become transparent for all of us to see.

goodbye forum! im back to div 2 ...wooot wooot!!!!

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen, how did your tryout go?
Did you play on saturday?
Heard it was a wild saturday night out at Blarney Stone.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
i am the original shaheenfc # 7. i did not try out for any team, that is the new shaheen fc #7. yes i know its confusing. he should pick an original name..lol

yes i played for Caspian on Saturday, i was number 9.

Aug 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that's the season from our end at WTFC Pacifica. The beatings and executions will commence and hopefully we'll come out a better side next fall.
Everyone enjoy their summer seasons and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0