Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Rumours & Other Gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A very good game

The time was 1:15pm when I arrived at the pitch along with another couple of players. Much to my horror there is 16 Bombastic players doing all kinds of drills behind the field. I went in the dressing room and came back out then there was 20.

Once again our rebels rambled in at about 1:45. The Bombastic boys were scoping us out heavy and I was starting to get the feeling that even if we played great, the commitment factor would end up costing us. But once we were all on the field and I realized that we were only short one starter I felt much better. This game was a mirror of the last PG - NK match at beaconsfield only this time we had all almost all our players (thus the result) plus the PGers didnt do any pregame drills they just mulled about.

Godlike......I dont know the reason for your slllllutty posts but I hope it is just for laughs, because I find them quite humourous. And when you jumped out of the net to cut down the angle on my breakaway forcing me to shoot wide you just may have secured PG promotion. Cause if you take 3 away from PG and give them to NK things would be very tight at the top.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like the PG - NSU game was very entertaining. I wish I could have been there. I dont see champlain giving us any problems next week but the week after I hope we have all our players for the NSU game because that would be a nice finish to our year, avenging the embarrassment of the first leg match.
....Plus judging by recent posts, everybody seems to be in agreement that a bunch of north shore yuppies cannot get away with bully tactics against Monsterous East Van Croats!!!
....Champlain......You would be well advised to just mail in the three points. Putting up a feeble fight will only increase the pain factor. NSU The Watcher is thinking about you........
....NK is the team...NSU is not...When we meet...We will beat you to snot...You will start to feel, as if something is amiss...And when the whistle blows your pants you will piss... If you beg real loud... We might leave you alive...But if you challenge the gods you will not, surely survive... Being tied to the tracks is not a good feeling...This you will find out, if you dont start kneeling...And last but not least as I bid you adieu...Plan your retreat... If you wish to live through...The inevitable beating you'll surely recieve...When beating NK you attempt to perceive

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher

Watcher,

I never knew you were so eloquent with simple(simple indeed) rhyme.

I belive a long lasting and rewarding literary career awaits you at Eton or Cambridge.

As for the dribble about our upcoming match...It is but a short drive up Capilano Rd. but it is a long way down, if you know what I mean. Your team has definitely improved but....your train will run out of tracks this time my friend.

-LookingForwardToDerailingNK-

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher,

Hmmmmm....last time we played it was 6-0 for NSU. I know you've improved a bit, but that much? Should be interesting. It's not the size of the player, it's how he plays the physics. Last I remember was that NK's big guys were sort of slow and not that much of a factor physically. But I'll abmit that you don't get that good of an impression after only one game.

Can't beleive the stirring of the pot lasted for a page and a half tonight. Very entertaining boys, keep it up.

And Dapto....whatever,

That was an amazing comeback about you getting laid tonight. I wish I had thougth of it. You're my hero!

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Eton is a boys school and Cambridge is a University... or was that the joke?.. and Captain Shamrock is Irish and Celtic is
Scottish--albeit definitely green... I'm getting very worried beucause when pgu gets to div 1 I'm gonna have to start jogging if i want on the team next year... and i might have to lower my respect level for women to fit in... isn't complaining/blaming refs one of the fun parts of sport?... still looking at PGU for the double out here in Toronto... just some thoughts on anger managment

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PG --- Boo Hoo

But the question of the day is ..... what's happening with Wetslide? They started off pretty strong ... did they lose the 'bearded wonder'?

And in response to a previous post .... yes we do drink Jim Beam

the insider

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 3 Bombastic 2

First off before I forget... Keeper - The league has been well aware for a long time that if a female wished to sign and play in the VMSL there was nothing legally stopping her. So Godlike's gender (whichever or whatever that my be) could not prevent him(?) from playing.

Now my match report:

The NSU / PG match would have had to be a real doosey to be more exciting than the one at Beaconsfield. Much more action and entertainment than last week's Bombastic vs. Westside Knights (TB might have even enjoyed it :D)

I'm surprised none of the NK lads mentioned their man of the match. Their keeper was solid throughout and in the end was the reason they came away with the 3 points. He made at least three game savers. The first about one minute into the game but the best was on a ball that took a sharp deflection off a head inside the six in the last 10 minutes.

Luck was also on NK's side in that last 10 as they miraculously cleared off the line and got away with a rugby tackle on a player breaking in on goal. But I'm not complaining - anymore :) - good teams make their own luck and NK have proven lately that they deserve their good fortune.

I'm also - surprisingly - not bitter about losing this one. The bubble had to burst sometime and we gave 100% the whole match. We'll be able to forget about it and move on to the next team without any baggage - which is something I couldn't have said about Bombastic for the past 3 seasons. It is amazing the difference a string of good results makes to a team's confidence.

For that reason I can see NK pulling off a result against JB's. It really will come down to whether they really believe they can beat them or not. Unfortunately we may have to wait until January or February to see. I suspect we'll start getting rained out more often now. Either that or we'll all be scrambling to organize exhibition games to keep most of us playing to the end of March.

As to the comments by Watcher about our warm-up...

"Much to my horror there is 16 Bombastic players doing all kinds of drills behind the field. I went in the dressing room and came
back out then there was 20."

We must have been moving around so fast you counted a few of us twice! We had sixteen total. You're only allowed 5 subs after all.

"The Bombastic boys were scoping us out heavy and I was starting to get the feeling that even if we played great, the commitment factor would end up costing us."

I doubt there was any scoping since none of you even had your boots on yet. Personally, the only scoping I did was on those giant coffees you guys were downing 15 minutes before kick off! At first I thought about how quickly I would vomit playing with a gallon of coffee in my belly... but then I started dreaming of mochas from 'Continental' on Commercial Drive.... When I woke up it was 1-0 for NK!

A brilliantly sinister plan of distraction!.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bring on the Hits !!!

Well at least the NSU-PG game brought out some more participation in the TTP community even though its just more useless PG dribble to join the likes of Doglike. Meanreds did make one valid point "the ref was a pussy" but not for not throwing out our backline but for being a whistle happy, card happy pussy. I believe NK had the same problem one game. In a 50/50 ball the bigger player often wins but just because the PG forwards went flying doesn't justify a card, let alone even a foul. Our backline is big and our #5 is blessed with a beer belly second to none. We will have a fun battle with NK and we will win. Our small players are too quick and our big guys will hold their own. Lets hope we get a ref who will let us play the game.

RBM give your head a shake, no double for PG this year. Second place isn't too bad though.

Mickster

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weak

Therapist, I really appreciate your adulation. I hope I can be a decent role model for you in these fast-paced times. My first duties as your official hero is to request that you begin using some more contemporary verbage in your posts. "Get a life" and "You're my hero" have been around since grunge music rocked the nation. Have you been using these phrases since 1992? I am also officialy requesting you refrain from using the words: harsh, wicked, brutal, no doubt eh, beauty eh, kick ass, awesome, gag me with a spoon, and rad.

P.s. What the hell does "thougth" mean?

Yourherodaptowhatever

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daptodimwitt

Blah blah blah blah blah.......

Sticks and stones may break my bones but your posts will never hurt me.

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weaker

Well 'Bud the Spud' ... I have to admit that 'HairyFist' is a primary example of 'contemporary verbage' .... that one definately predates grunge .... hell it even predates disco.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upcoming NSU games

Word on the street is that Champlain Heights has signed a new player specifically for their game against the JB's. Unfortunately he won't be available for training right away as he is presently in Afghanistan with the Coalition forces. Apparently he will be returning in time for the game on Dec. 9th though. "Batboy" is known to be a real speed demon and thus the large girthed figures of the JB's should be more than a little concerned! Picture included:

Creedence

Nov 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Senior year!!

Dappy-do,

I thought you would've loved the retro lingo, seeing as you are still very much in touch with your highschool personna....

Hey guys, I'm a man, I'm out getting laid. No, seriously...

... high-five!?! C'mon guys, high-five...

...guys

...hey guys?!?

GodLike

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta love it!

Almost 24 hours later and it's still going!
As far as a NSU/NKH game goes, NSU might be able to do some damage with their speedy strikers on that long pitch if they can get a ball through. PG beat NKH by using the wings because there was no going through the middle. However, since those North Shore fields are only as wide as the eighteen, the JB's won't have that option. And as far as JB's big men being able to hold their own, your big men are smaller than NKH's small men. NKH is definitely a much better team than at the beginning of the season and I smell an upset. It would be nice to see.

Still wondering about the question asked yesterday: If two teams are tied at seasons end, is the group winner decided by head to head matches, point differential, or just goals for?

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Godlike,

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet as to what will happen if two teams are tied at the end of the season.
Didn't realize Bonefish got you. I'm sure he didn't mean to, as he's a good lad.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Found!

Creedense, speaking of high school I found your yearbook picture. Your mulletude is spectacular!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweet!

Well that if fcuking posh, man but that's not me. That's just some chick I shagged last week(cue creedence and his predictable reply). Following picture is me. It's titled love spud.

Daptowhatevernowawaitingasarcasticreplyfromnsududes:D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Assault with a spudly weapon

Don't you guys have jobs? As for westside, they haven't finished anything all year (except against you guys of course). Saw them play first half against Bombastic couple o' weeks ago. Could have scored about five, instead they got fcuk all. They are stuck in unbable-to-finish mode.

Daptoisinthehouseandbackontopic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0