Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 DIV 1B Week 3.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets get the pregame banter and post game writeups for Week 3 started...........

The obvious big match is RUFC vs Point Grey, but I am sure the Indo vs PCOV will be of some interest too;)

Good luck everyone,

John

P.S.

I am still on to you Sandman:mad:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
INDO 1 - 1 PCOV

I 'll let Sandman give some more info here when he gets a chance.....

John

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprising result. Certainly keeps things closer at the top.

John, were you at the Indo game this afternoon?

Willy McShocked

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV are not a bad side............I'm not going to sit here and say they are crap after only being able to score one goal on them. Jonny Pesch is as good midfielder as anyone in the league and there goalie Tak (sp) has experience with the national team (Bruce's team with JJ, Kindel, Bent, De Rosario, et al)

I guess in Division 1 we have to get used to shocking officiating and no linsemen (had a goal disallowed that crossed the line) I think PCOV would consider themselves very lucky today, especially since they were a man down for basically the whole second half and we were only able to equalize. They were able to weather a flurry of offensive chances ie; posts, and great saves. We generated enough chances to win but, the name of the game is scoring and everyone's been in a game when the other team has one shot and one goal. I don't know about promotion, but definitely be prepared to play them.

Sandman:mad:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo PCOV

Indo is a decent squad, but unless they were missing players today, this league is totally up for grabs. I was anticipating a squad that mirrored their Nation's Cup squad, but their line-up didn't resemble that squad at all. Isn't Danny playing for them?
They also had guys straggling in at 1:55. They didn't seem like a squad focused on moving up.

Like I said, they are decent: they have Didar in net, Chocker is solid in the middle (and a good agitator who caused a red card in the first half) and Ricky Ikita? is a great defender, but by no means will they have an easy go winning this pool. Eleven aside, this game was even. Indo still has an excellent shot at moving up, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that both Deep Cove and Richmond knock them off.

I think everyone owes PCOV thanks for not giving the Indo guys any reason to bombard the board with dancing pumpkins and bananas for at least another week! :D

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
tough result for indo

Very interesting how everyone is keeping quiet about firemen. No one expects too much. I like it. Tough result Sandman. I'm looking forward to our next meeting with you. PCOV must be quality if they downed Deep Cove 1 nil and tied Indo. Perhaps div 1b isn't so cut and dry. Good luck to all tommorrow and next week.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dialling all firefighters

Pearsy...In previous posts I (and others) mentioned the Firemen are one of the teams to beat, so don't feel left out or forgotten!

I was going to add your team to the mix of those who can knock off Indo, but then I figured that would give the Indo guys another opportunity to post dancing bananas and pumpkins claiming they already beat you, so I erased it. ;)

6-0 over Lobbans. What's up with that? I thought the Lobbans were going to be a solid team. Were they missing players or their keeper?

Any predictions for today? I'd go watch a game, but they are all too far away. My predictions:

Deep Cove over Norburn 2-1
Olympics over Shaheen 4-2
Richmond over PG 3-1

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman..

Who scored the goal for Indo in the tie against PCOV? The result of the Olympics game helps doesn't it?

Hard Ballz
;)

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
911... don't worry about the bananas and pumpkins, Indo knows they were extremely fortunate with their result against us and they shouldn't be chirping. But a win is a win, the rematch should be a good battle.

As for Lobbans, they did well at the beginning, they held us for most of the first half with a strong defense. But once we put a couple in the back of the net they tried to open up the game and we picked them apart. I don't know if they had their full squad though.

What's with DCR???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0