Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks Sign Richard Park

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice!

Think he'll fit in with the sisters or be put on the 3rd line with Cooke & Linden?

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Nice!

Think he'll fit in with the sisters or be put on the 3rd line with Cooke & Linden?

I think you'll see Cooke playing with the Sedins to start the year and Park with Linden for sure. Still some holes to fill.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was always under the impression that the sisters needed a big, robust guy to stand in front of the net for them to be successful. You almost have to let them circle and cycle by themselves, and be in front for the inevitable centering pass that comes from two-plus hours of doing 360s in the corner. Of the guys still available, I'd say Gratton (not a winger, though), Anson Carter (who'd be a good fit), Eric Lindros (not going to happen), John LeClair (I think he'd be deadly with the Sedins) and Dave Andreychuk (old). All of these guys are probably too expensive though, and Nonis really needs to address the blueline first.

As for Park - he seems to skate in straight lines and would be an excellent PK guy...him and Cooke on the same line together would be madness, IMO. I can't see him getting much time with the Sedins...but given that he could score 10-15 goals and register 25-30 points in Minnesota, you'd have to hope he could notch close to 20 goals/40 points in the Canuck system.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, the guy who was really starting to light it up with the Sedins before he got hurt was Magnus Arvedson. What is his status, aside from being unrestricted? Is he returning to the NHL?

I think they have pencilled Ryan Kesler in with Linden & Cooke. Park could be one of those 4th line guys who gets lots of PK time and potentially 2nd unit PP time.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:
Actually, the guy who was really starting to light it up with the Sedins before he got hurt was Magnus Arvedson. What is his status, aside from being unrestricted? Is he returning to the NHL?

I think they have pencilled Ryan Kesler in with Linden & Cooke. Park could be one of those 4th line guys who gets lots of PK time and potentially 2nd unit PP time.

Arvedson is still injured from what I understand and is a restricted free agent and his last salary does not reflect what he should be paid. I don't think we'll see him here this year.

I heard that they are interested in Anson Carter and he might fit nicely on the 2nd line.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Say no to Carter. Please do not sign him Nonis. He's no better than average and unless he is taking a huge paycut, not worth it.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods said:
Arvedson is still injured from what I understand .......
i believe that he has chronic back problems which apparently are not treatable and will stay with him his whole life. i don't see any team picking him up unless they work out some sort of games played = X amount of dollars contract.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensei_hanson said:
I like the signing. Park is still relatively young (29) and as any Canuck fan can attest to - he's a solid checking forward. Also fast as hell.

I agree, probably a 3rd liner but at least he's got some speed. In addition his Salary is below average.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Current Canuck Signed and Unsigned Players

Heres a list of Signed an unsigned players, the Canucks currently have one of the lowest # of signed players in the league I think but some notables to sign soon I suspect.

Markus Naslund Re-signed UFA (Vancouver) $6 million
Todd Bertuzzi $5,269,333
Ed Jovanovski $3.99 million
Brendan Morrison Re-signed RFA (Vancouver) $3,200,000
Trevor Linden $1.52 million
Richard Park UFA (Minnesota) $750,000
Ryan Kesler $722,000
Alex Auld $513,000
Nolan Baumgartner $450,000
Wade Brookbank $450,000
10 Players $22,864,333

Unsigned
Restricted Free Agents: Bryan Allen, Tyler Bouck, Artem Chubarov, Dan Cloutier, Matt Cooke, Jason King, Mattias Ohlund, Jarkko Ruutu, Sami Salo, Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Nathan Smith.

Unrestricted Free Agents: Marc Bergevin, Mike Keane, Jaroslav Obsut, Mats Lindgren, Magnus Arvedson, Joe DiPenta, Jeff Heerema, Justin Morrison, Peter Sarno, Johnathan Aitken, Tim Smith.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A decent signing, he should be quite effective considering that the red line has been removed. I hope Nonis is planning on adding some size and grit to our roster soon.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0