Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Games 2001

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canda Games 2001

What does everyone think of the Quebec runner who mooned everyone while on the gold medal podium? He had his gold medal taken away as a result, and last reports suggest that he ain't gonna get it back.

Personally, I support the organizers decision. Some have argued that his "performance" was on the track (steeple chase) and, despite his poor display, he should be awarded the medal. I believe, however, that an athlete's total behaviour (within reason) in a national competition should be taken into account.

Then again, and I'm just thinking "out loud", you wouldn't take away a Super Bowl ring from some linebacker if he fingered a fan on the way out (i.e. flipped them the bird -- get your head out of the gutter). However, they would kick out an entire team from the olympics for trashing a room (e.g. the American Hockey team -- allegedly).

Wishy-Washy,
Keeper.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

I totally agree with taking the medal away from the wanker.

Having been at the Canada Games and represented BC in Fitba (1981 Gold Medal). You are young Under 21 and representing your province in a somewhat mature manner. BC has always been well respected in the Games.

Even though he's just a teenie bopper, a liitle respect is due to his fellow competitors and the people watching. He's let the USA 4x1 team get into his head and decided to get a little media attention.

Teach him a lesson now, before he become an athlete on the World stage, where Canada already takes a shite-kicking.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely

Yes, they should 'strip' the medal from him. He made a mockery of something that meant a lot to the athletes competing. If this was the case, then the fcuking arrogant American 4 X 100 team who won the Olympic gold last year (?) should have been stripped of their medals for their appauling behaviour on the medal podium. Fcuking arrogant pricks. They humiliated a lot of people, none more than themselves. Cokcsuckers.

Captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have a package

I just saw a report that he is still getting his medal. It will be mailed to him.

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just saw a report that he is still getting his medal. It will be mailed to him.

Are the games organizers mailing it to him, or is the guy who finished in fourth , who was awarded third mailing it to him? I heard it was the fourth place guy mailing it.:confused:

TR

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4th place guy

I just read in the paper that it is the 4th place guy who is mailing it... it's a relief that it's not the organisers really... what would be the point of stripping him of it if they still gave it too him 'behind the scenes'?

~TB.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0