Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCSPL Changes 2023/24

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
frustrating to see all of our hard work (and expended political capital within our districts) go by the wayside, mostly in service of the almighty "academies"...

Can you elaborate on what you mean?

Literally the only academy involved is TSS.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you elaborate on what you mean?

Literally the only academy involved is TSS.
yeah, but that was the driving force behind opening it up beyond the original eight franchises... once that was done, half the world thought they should have their own BCSPL franchises too... dam broken and back to the old BC Selects league, except with a lot more coaches paid a lot more money, of course...

the whole point of the BCSPL endeavor was to create a legitimately higher level of play for the kids just below the Whitecaps residency level, so that players could, in theory, move between levels as needed. And, while we can criticize the frequency of that happening, it did happen.

my frustration is that not only was a lot of time and effort put into creating that vehicle, I also still have the political scars from selling it to people in my districts who had concerns that frankly I shared. go through all that, get buy in, get it off the ground, and a few years later it's reverse gears - all to appease the academies and, by extension, kneecap the districts the CSA loathes...

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rather than constant expansion, why couldn't they just implement a promotion/relegation with Division 1? Don't clubs have Division 1 or affiliation with Div 1 teams?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rather than constant expansion, why couldn't they just implement a promotion/relegation with Division 1? Don't clubs have Division 1 or affiliation with Div 1 teams?
I believe they have plans to have two tiers within the bcspl, which could include some of the bigger clubs having 2 teams per age group.

Not saying I agree or disagree, just passing info along in which I’ve heard.

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe they have plans to have two tiers within the bcspl, which could include some of the bigger clubs having 2 teams per age group.

Not saying I agree or disagree, just passing info along in which I’ve heard.

So basically a BCSPL Tier 1, and then a Tier 2 (metro). :bag:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough as a parent…I’m wondering why in a 15 team, no longer elite league, parents are having to pay these fees for a pretty loose version at best of “pro” coaching. In a league that’s quality is back to being metro level?

As much as clubs want to hammer academies…aren’t we now just paying academy prices for club quality?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0