Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Soccer: 24% of Annual Expenditure goes on Accommodations & Meals and Travel!

coachrich

Nov 14, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
posted at BC Soccer Web

------------
The Association recently published on their website a Statement of Operation for All Divisions For the Eight Months Ending November 30, 2010. This document reveals that 24% ($1,168,900) of their $4.8 million 2010-11 annual expenditure budget is spent on Accommodations & Travels and Meals. This represents approximately $9 per registered player in BC. One has to wonder who is going where, how often and for what reason?

------------

Here's the paperwork as the BCSA site is down.......wonder why

See page 7

click here

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, if one looks deeply into it, I don't think it is as bad as you are kinda making it out to be.

From the linked statement, I see increased revenues and decreased expenses - isn't that a GOOD thing?

I see greater overall revenue from player registrations - good thing?

I see less overall revenue from referee registrations - bad thing? :(

I see less sponsorship revenue - bad thing? :(

I see a big drop in accommodation & meals as well as travel... not sure if that is good or bad.

Why not send a quick email to BC Soccer and ask for clarification on the budget numbers you question? I would bet those numbers are not SOLELY for board members jetting around the province and to Ottawa but in fact include expenses for sending teams across the country (and Mexico) as well as CSA mandatory representatives at national club and allstar events..

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And I was bitching that we only get $250.00 reimbursement, for a Mens team to travel to the island for a Provincial game.

We will swallow the extra 750-1k it actually costs per team. Would hate to see that 24% increase or go where it belongs:rolleyes:

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, if one looks deeply into it, I don't think it is as bad as you are kinda making it out to be.
From the linked statement, I see increased revenues and decreased expenses - isn't that a GOOD thing?
I see greater overall revenue from player registrations - good thing?
I see less overall revenue from referee registrations - bad thing? :(
I see less sponsorship revenue - bad thing? :(
I see a big drop in accommodation & meals as well as travel... not sure if that is good or bad.
Why not send a quick email to BC Soccer and ask for clarification on the budget numbers you question? I would bet those numbers are not SOLELY for board members jetting around the province and to Ottawa but in fact include expenses for sending teams across the country (and Mexico) as well as CSA mandatory representatives at national club and allstar events..
Regs is correct, most of that money is spent on teams, with #1 being the Provincial all-star teams. At present, parents of players on those teams pay big buck to be on those teams and that money is used to pay for their trips to Washington State, California and Guadalarja to play in tournamnets to get ready for the national all-stars. Is that expnsive- sure it is but the parents are paying. ( This coudl change in 2012 due to the HPL). In addition the Prov all star teams then go to the nationals. The coaches and Physio therapist also attend at those events which means more travel costs. Other big travel items are grants for clubs from all over BC to travel to participate in Provincial B Cup, plus grants for teams in A Cup, and grants for teams to attend the national club championship. SInce BCSA has members all across BC, there are Board members who live around the province, such as Terrace who need to attend meetings, and most importantly BCSA staff have to travel to the rural areas to help out. There are 9 District Development Centres outside the lower mainland. They get visted by BCSA staff and that costs money. Some of that money does go to paying for trips to CSA meetings, including trips to Ottawa.
Things are better. Do we want them to be even better, of course.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to say, when I read the financial report, the travel and accomodations didn't look out of line there. You have to expect it will cost a good penny.

Last thing we need is a bunch of parents that don't agree getting wind and forming a voting block to ban travel.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0